We Have covered Mistakes to Avoid with remote control apps, but how does this solution from Logitech stack up? So I recently was trying to program a Logitech Harmony 880 Universal Remote on my MacBook Pro and encountered some problems. I couldn’t find any posts on this on the web so I figured I’d share this with you guys.
The current Mac OS X Logitech Harmony Remote Software does NOT work on Intel Macs. This is a known issue at Logitech and they are working on a universal binary. If you call up tech support and get escalated to a higher tech they can get you a beta version of the new software.
The Logitech Harmony family of remotes is fanastic and one of the few I’ve seen with software for the Mac. I sure hope they get the universal binary out soon.
- RedEye iPhone Remote Hacked Into The Ultimate Car Remote (video)
- Logitech Harmony Remote Software on Intel Macs
- Logitech Harmony Link
Also why not check out:
- Bearbot Wins its Way Into Our Hearts With Ingenius Smart Home Management
- Best Smart Remotes
- Best Universal Remote App
- GlideTV Review
- How To Program a DirectTV Remote: A Guide for Universal or Genie Remotes
- Logitech Harmony Ultimate One Remote Review
- Redeye Universal Remote Control Review
- Satechi Bluetooth MediaRemote Control Review
- Sevenhugs Smart Remote: Point To Operate Any Smart Product
- The Huis Remote Controller Controls Everything To Your Exact Desires
- The Kymera Magic Wand Review
- The Ray Super Remote: A Universal Remote to End Them All