Based on extensive research, I confidently believe that the best GPS tracker that you can buy today is the LandAirSea 54 GPS tracker. Weighing less than five ounces and about the size of a small roll of scotch tape, this option from LandAirSea is easy to place anywhere you need. Featuring a rechargeable battery, the 54 GPS Tracker can last up to two weeks on a single charge. Using a 4G LTE connection, the unit can track nearly anywhere within the continental United States.
To find the best GPS Tracker on the market, we examined the features that contribute to a great product, including each tracker’s battery life, overall size, included software, and cellular abilities. Whether you are looking to keep track of a vehicle, your kids, or your pets, we have options that fit every scenario. While some users may need ultra-portable and discreet trackers with a more compact design, others will prefer larger trackers with increased battery life and a longer range which tend to be more expensive trackers. We’ve examined GPS tracker options to provide you with the best options available to purchase. Keep reading to learn more about the LandAirASea 54 GPS Tracker and other available options.
Top 7 GPS Trackers
#1 LandAirSea 54 GPS Tracker
Award: TOP PICK
WHY WE LIKE IT: This product provides real-time tracking anywhere in the United States thanks to its 4G LTE cellular connection; it features a rechargeable battery that can last up to 2 weeks on a single charge, all in a discrete size.
Read Full Review: LandAirSea 54 GPS Tracker Review
- Features constantly updated location
- Fast 4G LTE cellular connection
- Mac, PC, iOS, & Android compatibility
- Doesn’t work outside the USA
If you need a reliable GPS tracker that can track movements in real-time, check out the LandAirSea 54 GPS Tracker. This micro GPS tracker device discrete unit is about the size of a small roll of scotch tape; you can even disable any LED lights to hide the tracker completely. It is water-proof with a built-in magnet, meaning it is easy to install on your vehicle, with no additional accessories needed. The fast 4G LTE cellular connection keeps you connected in the United States, with the included battery lasting up to two weeks on a single charge.
Related: If you only want to track your phone, check the best GPS phone trackers.
The 54 GPS Tracker has software compatible with Mac, PC, iOS, and Android devices, where you can keep an eye on your tracker and set up features such as geofencing for alerts when the device leaves a specified area. If you desire, you can also sign up for roadside assistance, but it will cost you an additional fee. We don’t love that cellular ability is limited to the United States, so this is not a great choice if you need a global solution. If you’re taking this tracker on your next camping trip, you might want to consider one of the best disaster food kits, just in case.
#2 Tracki 2020 GPS Tracker
Award: HONORABLE MENTION
WHY WE LIKE IT: A small, lightweight tracker that can be used around the world to track cars, boats, drones, and more. Depending on your needs, this tracker can last up to 30 days on a single charge, with an optional battery extender available.
Read Full Review: Tracki 2020 GPS Tracker Review
- Easy 5-minute setup process
- Worldwide tracking coverage
- Optional battery extender available
- Real-time tracking reduces battery life
The Tracki 2020 GPS Tracker is an excellent option for those who need international tracking abilities; Tracki built its tracker to support worldwide coverage around the globe, including the USA, Canada, and 185 other countries. It is a fully customizable tracking app that tracks logging and time almost anywhere. Additionally, this tracker’s location can be accessed on any computer or iPhone/Android app using GPS, GSM, or WiFi, as well as Bluetooth tracking within 100 feet. The battery life can reach up to 30 days on a single charge if real-time GPS tracker functionality is not needed. Otherwise, real-time will allow the Tracki unit to last two to three days.
Related: If you own a bike, you may want to check the best GPS trackers for bikes.
An optional battery extender is available for the Tracki, while it will add additional bulk, it will extend real-time tracking up to 2 weeks — updating only four times a day will last you up to 6 months. The setup process is also quite easy and allows you to get started in only five minutes. While the size is excellent for discretion, the small battery life may be a limiting factor for those who seek real-time tracking. If you want to track your mileage on your next hike, look at the best fitness tracker.
#3 Vyncs GPS Tracker
Award: BEST FOR AUTOMOBILES
WHY WE LIKE IT: This is the best GPS tracker for cars or trucks; it requires no battery and plugs directly into your vehicle’s OBD port. In addition to tracking information, the Vyncs saves information about your vehicle’s engine, speed, and fuel.
Read Full Review: Vyncs GPS Tracker Review
- No battery or charging required
- Set alerts for speed & rapid braking
- Saves information about vehicle
- Customer service needs improvement
If you’re tracking a vehicle, such as a car or truck, there is no better option than this GPS tracker device from Vyncs. Plug this car GPS tracker directly into your vehicle’s OBD port, typically located under the driver-side dashboard, eliminating the need for a rechargeable battery. In addition to standard tracking, the Vyncs GPS can pull information from your vehicle, fuel economy, fuel level, true idling, and engine RPM. It’s also got free roadside assistance within the USA, Canada, and Puerto Rico through Vyncs Premium.
Alerts can also be set up with the Vyncs for speed, braking, and rapid acceleration. When the vehicle is turned off, the device continues to share location reporting every hour. While the Vyncs vehicle GPS Tracker shines high for its abilities, we will note that some individuals have had trouble with customer support, leaving for an area of improvement. However, thanks to its use of the OBD port, it is the best-hidden GPS tracker for cars. If you want your car to be prepared for anything, take a look at some of the best survival gear too.
#4 PRIMETRACKING Personal GPS Tracker
We’re sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock
Award: MOST DESCREET OPTION
WHY WE LIKE IT: With dimensions of 2.7×1.5×0.9-inches, this tracker fits into small spaces so that you can track anywhere in North America. Featuring a 4G LTE connection, you can track your subjects for up to 2 weeks on a charge.
Read Full Review: PRIMETRACKING Personal GPS Tracker Review
- Works anywhere in North America
- Communicates via multiple cell phone networks
- Real-time tracking every 10-seconds
- Subscription service is pricey
If you’re looking for a device to fit into small spaces but still maintain decent battery life, we recommend the PRIMETRACKING Personal GPS Tracker. This discreet gadget is only 2.7×1.5×0.9-inches and weighs a bit over 2-ounces. The Personal GPS uses multiple cellular networks to enable tracking anywhere in North America, including the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Worried about getting lost during your travels? Then this is the best GPS tracker for hiking.
The real-time tracking feature allows you to track your unit with updates every 10-seconds; the software utilizes Google Maps to showcase specific activity, track location changes, and route history. Similar to most trackers, we will note that a subscription fee is required; however, we found that PRIMETRACKING’s service is a bit pricier. If you want your kids to hike along with you, take a look at one of the best GPS trackers for kids.
#5 Jiobit Real-Time Location Tracker
Award: BEST FOR PARENTS
WHY WE LIKE IT: This device helps to keep your kids safe by providing real-time location updates. The small, durable design allows for the device to be easily worn by children without getting damaged; tracks at every distance, even inside.
Read Full Review: Jiobit Real-Time Location Tracker Review
- Easily clips onto clothing, bags or shoes
- Tracking works outdoors & indoors
- U.S. Company with Chicago-based support
- Battery life tends to drain quickly
Nothing is more terrifying than turning around in a crowded mall or outdoor space, and finding that your child is no longer visible. Thanks to the Jiobit Real-Time Location Tracker, you can keep an eye on your kids, even if you aren’t nearby. This is done using beaconing technology using cellular, WiFi, GPS, or Bluetooth, with accuracy and reliability. The included clip is durable and allows you to easily clip the unit onto your child’s clothing or shoes. Best of all, the tracking function works both indoors and outdoors, making it the best GPS tracker for kids.
Jiobit is a U.S. company with technical support based here in the states; if you need assistance with your product, you can be connected to the Chicago-based support team. While we love the Jiobit, the battery life tends to last only a few days in most situations, so make sure you charge it before clipping it to your child. If you love the outdoors, you might also be interested in the best emergency blanket too.
#6 GeoZilla GPS Location Tracker
Award: BEST FOR ANIMALS
WHY WE LIKE IT: This tracker is a perfect fit for your pet’s collar, but it can also be used to track children and anything else on the move. The included battery lasts up to 5 days on a charge, with location updates every 60-seconds.
Read Full Review: GeoZilla GPS Location Tracker Review
- Built-in SOS button for emergency alerts
- Tracker easily connects to iOS & Android devices
- Includes hard case, belt clip, & lanyard
- Service costs can be confusing
If you need to keep an eye on your pets, we recommend you check out the GeoZilla GPS Location Tracker. This portable tracker easily connects to iOS and Android devices for configuration and tracking. A hard case, belt clip, and lanyard are included in the box. The belt clip provides an excellent option for connecting the device to your pet’s collar, and the company advertises up to 5 days of battery life.
If you opt to use the tracker for your children, a built-in SOS button can be pressed for emergency alerts. Service costs can be a bit confusing, depending on your desired features, but it allows for a more customized solution. Additionally, those opting for long-term plans will see a steep discount.
#7 Samsung SmartThings Tracker Live
Award: MOST HIGH-TECH OPTION
WHY WE LIKE IT: Designed by Samsung, this tracker is great for keeping an eye on your children, vehicles, and personal belongings; it’s even completely waterproof. Best of all, it interacts with the Samsung SmartThings companion app for advanced functionality.
Read Full Review: Samsung SmartThings Tracker Live Review
- IP68 water-resistant rating for 30-minutes
- Interacts with Samsung SmartThings app
- Cellular service included for first year
- Charging functionality limits device
Samsung is no stranger to electronic devices, and the company’s SmartThings Tracker Live helps you keep tabs on what matters most. Operating on an LTE cellular network, the Tracker Live can provide you with its wear for up to 10 days at a time. Weather is also not a concern thanks to the included IP68 water resistance, which allows the device to be submerged to 1.5-meters for up to 30-minutes.
The best part of the Tracker Live is that it can be integrated with Samsung’s SmartThings app for home automation control, such as unlocking your front door when your child approaches it; this makes it the best GPS tracker app. We also love that Samsung includes 1-year of service for no charge. On the downside, when it comes to charging, the device won’t charge while in use, so keep that factor in mind if you need continuous tracking.
Note: Other car GPS trackers worth mentioning here that are not on this list include the SpyTec GL300 car GPS Tracker 2. This model of SpyTec, the GL300 has a tracker that uses Real-Time GPS Tracking, which is ideal for cars, trucks, equipment, and RVs, and can be used as a mini hidden tracking device. The GL300 is compact, concealable, as well as versatile, and discreet. With dimensions of one-inch thickness, the GL300 car GPS tracker uses the Spytec GPS iPhone and Android apps which can be customized to alert you on your smartphone anytime it leaves a defined zone. Plus, the GL300 does not store your info, so tracking is safe and secure. There’s also the MOTOsafety Mini Portable Real Time Personal Tracking and car GPS Tracker. This MOTOSafety is a compact and rechargeable tracker that fits in small places, has affordable coverage, and customized alerts. The MOTOSafety also has a long-lasting battery for up to 14 days and comes with a USB cable for charging.
How We Decided
When selecting the best GPS trackers for our guide, we established the factors that matter most, including each tracker’s battery life, overall size, software, and cellular abilities. Once these factors were chosen, we set minimum criteria, so that only the best options on the market would be presented to you; this way, you know whichever product you decide on is an informed decision.
For each GPS tracker’s battery life, we ensured that at least a few days could be achieved with proper usage; this ensures that you have enough battery life to track without worry. We also presented more extended battery options for vehicles that don’t require batteries at all. For overall size, the smallest option we presented comes in at 1.8×0.5×1.5-inches and 360-grams — none of our choices will weigh you down.
The included software is essential, so we made sure that each tracker includes usable software to track the device. Additionally, we set some minimum feature requirements, including the ability to geofence areas and enable smart alerts. Lastly, all choices run on a fast LTE network when it comes to cellular capabilities, with some devices offering full worldwide coverage.
Best GPS Tracker Buyer’s Guide
- Battery Life: Consider how long you’ll want your tracker to last before purchasing it. Once you know your ideal battery life (or if it has battery-saver mode), you can begin shopping for a unit that has enough battery power. Some of the best real-time GPS tracker devices boast up to six weeks of battery life, while others require a frequent recharge.
- Note that as devices gain better battery life while tracking items, they typically become more massive, a trade-off you will need to decide for yourself.
- However, with the combination of precise exact location technology and a compact design, you no longer have to sacrifice portability for real-time location tracking.
- Note what the battery life is like on different modes, like the battery life on sleep mode, driving mode, etc.
- Moreover, the best car tracking device is an excellent way to keep track of your vehicle. It can give you a heads-up if someone tries to move it, and if they do, you’ll be notified and can act quickly to get it back.
- For instance, Garmin’s car tracking devices are the most reliable, and they don’t require a lot of fees from users. Plus, some of these trackers can even be connected to your mobile phone for added convenience.
- Luggage trackers with a good and active battery life can be great for in case you lose your luggage for several days and can keep track of its exact location. Make sure these types of trackers are sturdy and can handle some rough handling and physical conditions in case the bag has to travel through rough weather.
- Though these advanced features may require a monthly cost, try to get a highly accurate real-time GPS tracker that shares location updates so you can be notified when significant geographical location changes occur. Tracking data plans aren’t always cheap on top of the tracker cost, but they can give you peace of mind through their amazing features like smart alerts, alarms, and/or custom reports. Those who are on a budget but really want a GPS tracker can also consider the cheapest subscription plan.
- In fact, many offer a complementary feature that uses a satellite to detect the position of your asset.
- Size: Does your tracker need to fit into a small, tight space, or can it be used in the open?
- Perhaps your GPS tracker needs to fit onto a child’s belt or pet’s collar. Consider a lightweight design so it’s less noticeable to the user. Or you can opt for a classy design if you want it to appear more seamless and with style. The design choice for users ultimately depends on their own taste, whether they want a GPS tracker with a sassy design, quirky design, or fancy product design.
- If you’re a dog owner, we have a list of the best dog GPS trackers that could fit on your dog’s collar. If you want to stay discreet, you may also want to consider a smaller device for a pet tracker. If you lose your pet and they’re on the move, real-time location tracking can help you find your pet faster and more efficiently. For a pet tracker, you will ideally, want a waterproof and lightweight design as well as long-lasting batteries. If you lose your pet and they’re on the move, real-time location tracking is an excellent choice as it can help you find your pet faster and more efficiently.
- First, determine the size tracker you want before making a purchase.
- For the best tracking device for a car, size and durability are essential. Ideally, it should be installed directly within the vehicle itself for convenience’s sake. Moreover, long battery life and weatherproofing will ensure consistent usage regardless of conditions outside. On the other hand, if you’re trying to sneakily install a car GPS tracker on a vehicle that isn’t your own, you may have to resort to a type of tracker that uses strong magnets to latch onto the exterior of the car. Make sure it has a tremendous battery life if you can’t regularly visit the car and that it can withstand numerous weather conditions. Ideally it’ll have an offline mode so it can still be tracked even if it’s out of rank of a network.
- Keep in mind warranties as well. Ideally the GPS tracker you pick will have a warranty of several years or even a lifetime warranty.
- Included Software: Take a look at the mobile application (Android or Apple iOS) or the website of your new potential GPS tracker before purchasing.
- Standard abilities of a Bluetooth tracker that should be available include locating your device, setting up a geofence, and configuring notification settings. Those core features might be enough for some people, making it the perfect tracker to suit their needs. You may not always need a bunch of features that give detailed reports or tell you where the nearest fuel-filling opportunity is (some event keep a record of fuel fill-ups).
- Therefore, it’s important to keep an eye out for the best car tracker systems that have additional features like anti-theft alerts, instant alerts, engine diagnostics, and maintenance reminders.
- Be aware if you need to continuously pay a subscription plan with your GPS tracker in order to use it. Those extra charges every month will add to the long-term device cost, but the convenience of location tracking can be worth it.
- In short, be sure to read positive and negative reviews, and research the key features of GPS trackers that provide an accurate location for tracking before investing in one.
- Moreover, if you find you need to pay a subscription to use it, you’ll want to make sure the tracker picks up on your precise location and offers location history for extra security.
- The best car tracker device offers a range of features, such as the ability to monitor driving behavior and real-time tracking capabilities. Some provide emergency aid as well by having an accident mode on top of the basic driving mode. A model that can send emergency signals to emergency aid services can also save your life if you find yourself unable to call for help.
- Additionally, the combination of these features with a more comprehensive customer experience can help further enhance customer satisfaction. For instance, customers who want a tracker that provides emergency warnings, to give as a gift tracker, is ideal.
- Cellular Capabilities: Your GPS will typically communicate with you via a cellular connection. This allows you to quickly check on your car and ensure it’s where it should be. When looking for the best car trackers of 2023, you should look for one that offers real-time alerts via text message or email alerts so you can easily get the information report you need. Some software can even send real-time updates to your Apple Watch.
- First, check if your device supports only domestic or international networks; select the latter if global use is needed. It ultimately depends on you and your needs. You may not need something as advanced as the GPS trackers that emergency services use when they need to track multiple vehicles’ exact locations with real-time tracking data in an area. Some dash cam trackers have advanced features like report when emergency vehicle drivers exceeded certain speed limits at a certain geographical location. These types of trackers that send reports on tracker data may seem strict, but they’re intended to enforce safety. The same goes for fleet trailer tracking of large trucks, where speed alerts can be triggered if reckless driving over speed limits occurs.
- Second, the cellular function will have a monthly price tag associated with it, be sure to check it before making a decision. Though monthly subscription fees add onto the ownership cost of these tracking services, the extra features and accurate tracking can come in handy when you need them. Keep in mind that you can save more money by paying an annual subscription plan versus a monthly one.