Kick Ass Kung Fu is a video game that will actually make you get off your couch to fight your enemies. The current prototype, developed by researchers at Helsinki University of Technology in Finland, uses a camera to record your punches, kicks, and head-butts and displays them on a giant screen. If you love fighting games, you’ll also want to read our Bleach Soul Resurreccion review.
The University has created a company, Animaatiokone Industries, to bring Kick Ass Kung Fu to home consoles. The game will debut in arcades and camera-equipped consoles (such as the EyeToy for PlayStation 2). The other hurdle the game needs to overcome before its commercial debut? In the prototype, the game takes up an entire room. To make it into your living room, Animaatiokone will have to recognized body movements in a fraction of that space.
And we’re not talking lame Kung Fu here. We’re talking Kick Ass Kung Fu. For his thesis, Hämäläinen used 46 martial arts experts to test the game. The next test will be in October during the 2006 Karate World Championships in Finland. Kick Ass!
Kung-fu computer game delivers real kicks [New Scientist Tech]
Also why not check out:
- 10 of the Best Video Games 2014
- 6 of the Sexiest Video Game Sex Scenes Part II (nsfw/video/list)
- 7 of the Sexiest Video Game Sex Scenes (video/list)
- Battlefield 4 BETA: Hands on Impressions (list)
- Best Of The Best: The Top 12 Games On Xbox Live Arcade
- Bleach Soul Resurreccion Review
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Comparison, Early Access This Saturday
- Grand Theft Auto 4 Leaked On Bit Torrent
- GTA 5 vs. Saints Row 4 (comparison)
- GTA 5: Nudity, Sex and other Explicit Things to Find in Los Santos (NSFW)
- GTA III Collector’s Edition Action Figure (video)
- Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine Review (XBLA)
- Nike Has Invented a Laser System to Create Instant Soccer Courts in Any City (video)
- The Polycade Is Every Arcade Game In One Cabinet
- Top Five Tech Girls with the Best Racks
- White Knight Chronicles 2 Review