Update: We just got words that the Motorola ATRIX 4G will now launch on February 22’nd instead of March 13th.
Are you still salivating from Motorola’s ATRIX 4G announcement? Well, strap on your bib, or poncho, because AT&T just announced that the handset come computer will be available for preorder on February 13th and will launch March 6th or sooner at retail stores and online! And get this. You can pick it up for $199.99 after a 2-year contract.
AT&T says they’ll offer both the ATRIX 4G and the Motorola Laptop Dock for a promotional price of $499.99 after a 2-year contract, $100 mail-in-rebate, and subscription to their Data Pro smartphone data plan and tethering add on option. Alternatively, you can pick up the Dock separately for $499.99. If that’s all a bit too rich for your blood, AT&T will sell the Entertainment Access Kit for ATRIX customers, which includes the Motorola HD Multimedia Dock, a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and a remote control for $189.99.
Here’s a spec refresher:
- Android 2.2
- 2×1 GHz dual-core processor
- World’s first 4-inch qHD display
- Nvidia Tegra Graphics
- Adobe flash player
- 4G connectivity
AT&T Announces the World’s Most Powerful Smartphone, the Motorola ATRIX 4G, Will Be Available for Preorder on Feb. 13
Unique line of Accessories, Including the Motorola Laptop Dock, Available with Bundled Pricing
DALLAS, Feb. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ —
AT&T* begins pre-sales for Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on Feb. 13
Motorola ATRIX 4G, powered by the Android 2.2 platform, available exclusively for AT&T customers for $199.99 with a two-year service agreement.
Motorola ATRIX 4G is expected to be available from AT&T and select retail channels for customers by March 6 or earlier.
AT&T will offer bundled pricing for the Motorola ATRIX 4G and the Motorola Laptop Dock.
AT&T is the leader in smartphones, and expects to widen that lead in 2011. In January, AT&T committed to an industry-leading Android portfolio in the U.S. in 2011 and said it plans to offer two 4G smartphones in the first quarter. An industry first, the Motorola ATRIX 4G is the leading edge of more than 20 advanced, 4G devices AT&T plans to deliver in 2011. AT&T has completed the deployment of HSPA+ to virtually 100 percent of its mobile broadband network, which enables 4G speeds when combined with enhanced backhaul.
Motorola ATRIX™ 4G
The Motorola ATRIX™ 4G Android 2.2 smartphone will be offered exclusively by AT&T and is the world’s most powerful smartphone. Featuring a 2×1 GHz dual-core processor for a total of 2 GHz of processing power, a unique webtop application, the world’s first qHD display, and Adobe flash player, the, ATRIX 4G delivers a remarkable combination of application processing power with 4G speed capability and a high-resolution qHD display, a first for the industry.
It will be complemented by breakthrough accessories that include a revolutionary, super-thin Motorola Laptop Dock — for which ATRIX 4G is the “engine” — and the Motorola HD Multimedia Dock that uses ATRIX 4G’s HDMI video output capabilities and processing power to enable a revolutionary browsing, application and media experience.
AT&T will offer two special packages for customers who choose to purchase ATRIX 4G in addition to these unique accessories. The first combines ATRIX 4G and the Motorola Laptop Dock for a promotional price of $499.99 after a two-year service contract and $100 mail-in-rebate after subscription to Data Pro smartphone data plan and tethering add on. Customers who choose to purchase the Motorola Laptop Dock separately pay $499.99. AT&T is also offering an Entertainment Access Kit for ATRIX customers which includes the Motorola HD Multimedia Dock, a Bluetooth® keyboard and mouse, and a remote control for $189.99.
Motorola ATRIX 4G will also include AT&T Mobile Hotspot service built into the smartphone, allowing users to connect additional Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
AT&T U-verse® TV customers will be able to manage their DVR recordings – and U-verse customers with a qualifying TV plan can download and watch hit TV shows – right from their ATRIX 4G handset using the U-verse Mobile application. In addition, any ATRIX 4G user, whether or not they have U-verse TV at home, can still enjoy a variety of video options – including live TV – with the new U-verse Live TV application, preloaded and available for $9.99 a month.
For more information, visit www.att.com/atrix4G. For photos and more information about presales for ATRIX 4G, visit www.att.com/mobilephones-news.
“Motorola ATRIX 4G stole the show at the Consumer Electronics Show in January and we’re delivering ATRIX 4G and its truly innovative line of accessories for our customers very soon,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president, Devices, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “Any smartphone customer looking for the most powerful and innovative solution on the market has to consider the ATRIX 4G.”
“Today consumers use their smartphones to stay constantly connected to the information that matters to them most. The Motorola ATRIX 4G along with our webtop application and innovative docks enable a truly mobile computing experience never before possible on a smartphone,” said Alain Mutricy, senior vice president, portfolio and product device management, Motorola Mobility.
1. Mobile broadband coverage is not available in all areas. 4G speeds delivered by HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul. Will be available in limited areas. Availability increasing with ongoing backhaul deployment. Learn more at att.com/network.
2. Motorola ATRIX 4G: Requires a minimum data service starting at $15/month. Two-year voice agreement required. Qualified customers only. Motorola ATRIX 4G is configured to work only with the wireless services provided by AT&T. Early termination fee of up to $325. Price of ATRIX 4G and Motorola Laptop Dock package is before $100 mail-in-rebate AT&T Promotion card & with 2-yr DataConnect agreement is $599.99. Allow 60 days for fulfillment. Card valid for 120 days wherever major credit cards accepted. May be used to pay wireless bill. Not redeemable for cash & cannot be used at ATMs or gas pumps. Card request must be postmarked by 4/20/11. Must be a customer for 30 consecutive days to receive Card. Some restrictions & other charges apply. See terms at store or att.com/wirelessrebate.
3. Laptop Dock – Firefox browser use with AT&T Mobile Broadband requires Tethering Plan.
4. Mobile Hotspots and Tethered devices require at a minimum a DataPro Tethering Plan. Devices connected to a Mobile Hotspot or tethered to the ATRIX 4G use data from your DataPro Tethering Plan. Tethering Plans are not unlimited and significant charges may be incurred if the included data allowance is exceeded. Performance may vary depending on the number of devices connected and other factors.
5. Geographic and service restrictions apply to AT&T U-verse services. Call or go to www.att.com/u-verse to see if you qualify. Download and watch capability available for select content and requires select devices, Wi-Fi connection, and qualifying U-verse TV plan or monthly subscription fee. Standard data charges may apply. AT&T U-verse Live TV requires compatible device, eligible data plan, and mobile broadband service. Service not available in all areas. Programming subject to blackout restrictions. Data rates apply.
6. Price established by AT&T for AT&T-owned retail outlets. Prices may vary at independent retailers.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising. In 2010, AT&T again ranked among the 50 Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE® magazine.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATTNews. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.Facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
About Motorola Mobility
Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI) fuses innovative technology with human insights to create experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people’s lives. Our portfolio includes converged mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets; wireless accessories; end-to-end video and data delivery; and management solutions, including set-tops and data-access devices. For more information, visit motorola.com/mobility.
© 2010 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Also why not check out:
- Blue RAZR V3 Confirmed
- DROID RAZR
- DROID X Official, Arrives July 15th for $200
- Is this the Motorola X Phone, Google’s Next Big Handset
- Moto X Caught on Video, Always On Google Now and New Notification System Revealed (video)
- Moto Z Force Droid Smartphone Review
- Moto Z2 Force Smartphone Review
- Motorola Announces Rokr
- Motorola Announces The Budget-Friendly Moto E and Moto G with LTE Support
- Motorola ATRIX 4G Receives A New Launch Date…Maybe…We’re Confirming (update)
- Motorola ATRIX HD Price, Specs, and Release Date (product release)
- Motorola Atrix HD Review
- Motorola Blings Out Their Aura Phone Again, Adds Gold Plating
- Motorola Droid 2 Review
- Motorola Droid Coming November 6th, $199.99 (video)
- Motorola Droid Gets Groped
- Motorola Droid MAXX First Impressions
- Motorola Droid MAXX Review
- Motorola Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR HD Maxx Officially Debut (video/pics)
- Motorola Droid Razr M Review
- Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Review
- Motorola DROID Review
- Motorola DROID Turbo Review
- Motorola Droid Ultra First Impression
- Motorola Droid Ultra Review
- Motorola Droid X Review
- Motorola Moto X First Impression: Don’t Judge a Book By Its Cover (AT&T)
- Motorola PEBL Now Available
- Motorola Pink RAZR shipping in Germany