Check out the best online watch store to find the coolest watches.
By now we’re used to Kickstarter campaigns that explore interesting niches in the tech market…but there’s always something that can catch us by surprise. In this case, it’s a fully funded and affordable crowdfunding effort for luxury Swiss watches that you’ll have no problem wearing, even if you aren’t much of a watch guy.
The 9mm Swiss watches get their name from the aesthetic, which is specifically designed to match the utilitarian steel and deadly lines of guns or combat knives.
The results are impressive: The black PVD coating, common sense controls, and band options (which include black Kevlar and black silicone, and yes, those are the actual materials, not just color themes like in other electronics) add up into a watch that looks dangerous.
James Bond himself would have no complaints about this tactical chronograph piece.
And we do mean tactical, because the 9mm Swiss watch does more than just look cool. The traditional chronograph offers full measurement of everything from 30-minute intervals to 60-second countdowns. The outer rim even functions as a tachymeter. The two primary clock hands and a trio of dots on the watch face are tipped with glow-in-the-dark coatings that are subtle and useful at the same. Manual controls allow you to reset the watch, change the time setting, stop or start the counters as needed, and more. Everything is protected by a sapphire crystal face.
The crystal face, plus the heavy-duty straps, make this watch look minimalistic and professional, while still guaranteeing that it will be protected no matter what you are doing: It goes with everything from business meetings to barbecues. However, keep in mind that it is a quartz watch, not an automatic, which means you will have to replace the battery now and then.
Of course, once you hear the words “made in Switzerland” together with “watch,” it doesn’t matter how cool the watch sounds, you want to know how much it costs.
Well, some of the early deals are gone by now, but you can still get this sexy 9mm Swiss watch if you pledge $309 today (all bracelet types available as of April 1, 2016). Shipments are expected to start in July 2016 if not before. The retail price, by the way, hovers between $480 and $500 depending on the straps people choose, so you would get a significant discount by buying now.
Also why not check out:
- 9 Things You Should Know About the Phosphor Touch Time Digital Watch (list)
- Back to the Future Flux Capacitor Watch
- Bell & Ross BR 01 Red Radar Watch Helps You Hunt For The Red October
- Bell & Ross Adds Three New Watches to Aviation Line
- Best Online Watch Store: Expert Ratings and Buying Advice
- Casio G-Shock Gold Rose Series Watches are Ideal for the Sports Star
- Casio Metal Twisted G-Shock Watches Can Take A Beating
- Citizen’s Eco-Drive Watch Automagically Changes The Time
- Division Furtive Type 50 Is The LED Watch Of A Cyberpunk Future
- EOS Mixtape Watch
- Eye Of The Storm Watch Is Beautiful, Simple And Unique
- G-Shock’s Aviation Watches Can Withstand up to 15G Forces
- Gyroscopic Watch Winder Serves As A Reminder You’re Really Rich
- HOT Watch Is Essentially Your Smartphone In A Watch
- Hublot’s MP-02 Key Of Time Watch Is Ludicrous
- Kisai Night Vision Wood Watch Has Not Hands, Tells Time Via LEDs Beneath The Wood (video)
- Nixon Synapse Watch is Sensitive…to the Touch
- Nixon Trader Watch can Survive a Bomb Blast
- Nixon Unit SS Watch Dives 300-Feet, Costs Just $200
- Nuclear Powered Watch will Glow for 25 Years, or Until You Get Sick
- Oakley Elite Full Metal Jacket Watch
- OMEGA Spacemaster Z-33
- Phosphor Appear Watch Review (video)
- Phosphor World Time Curved E-ink Watch Review
- Porsche Design P’6520 Compass Watch
- Ritot Watch Projects Alerts On Your Hand (video)
- Romain Jerome Limited Edition Pac-Man Watches
- Suunto Makes A Digital Watch You’ll Actually Wear
- Swatch Touch Watch
- TAG Heuer Mikrotimer Watch (video)
- TAG-Heuer Carrera Mikrogirder Reinvents The Watch Movement
- The Batman Dark Knight Rises Limited Edition Watch Strikes Fear Into Small Wrists Every Where
- The Halda Race Pilot Watch Includes Hot Swappable Faces
- The Hundreds Casio G-Shock GW 5610
- The Poison Dart Frog Watch Will Sicken your Bank Account
- The Recon 6 Combines A Multitool And A Watch
- The Ring Clock Tells Time On Your Fingers (video)
- The Wellograph Tells You Both The Time And Your Exercise Quality
- This Super Mario Bros. Watch Costs Almost $19,000
- Tissot Augmented Reality Window at Harrods Let’s You Try On Any Watch Virtually (video)
- Tokyoflash Kasai Maru Watch is Very Iron Man (video)
- TokyoFlash Kisai Online Watch Uses an Accelerometer to Show the Time (video)
- Van Cleef & Arpels Planetarium Watch Puts The Planets On Your Wrist
- Ventura SPARC MGS W51 Digital Watch is Powered by Your Feet
- Ventura SPARC Sigma MGS Digital Watch
- VOID VO2 Watch Review
- VOID VO2 Watch Tells the Time with Half the Face (pics)
- Watch Lighter Is The Closest You’ll Get To A Bond Gadget