Motorola’s DROID 3 arrived on Verizon Wireless’ network today, and costs $199.99 after a 2-year contract signing. Motorola says that the DROID 3 is the “world’s thinnest full QWERTY smartphone”, all the while sporting a 4-inch qHD touchscreen, a dual-core 1 GHz processor, and an 8-megapixel camera with the ability to capture full HD video. It will ship with Android 2.3 and support up to 5 devices over WiFi when using its 3G mobile Hotspot mode. Worry not, for there is also a front facing camera for self-portraits and an HDMI output for attaching the DROID 3 to a big screen TV for viewing photos and videos.
If you’re averse to ordering online, the DROID 3 will be in Verizon stores on July 14th.
VERIZON WIRELESS INTRODUCES THE NEXT GENERATION DROID DELIVERING POWER AND PERFORMANCE: THE DROID 3 BY MOTOROLA
Full Keyboard, No Compromises; DROID 3 by Motorola Available Online Today
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. – Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI), today announced the new Android™-powered DROID 3 by Motorola, a global smartphone that delivers power for work and play without making compromises.
DROID 3 by Motorola is the world’s thinnest full QWERTY smartphone, and still delivers the power of a dual-core 1 GHz processor for fast multi-tasking. Customers can take stunning photos with the 8-megapixel camera or capture the moment in 1080p HD video. Equipped with Android 2.3, the DROID 3 by Motorola features a brilliant 4-inch qHD display, a roomy 5-row QWERTY keyboard and 3G Mobile Hotspot capabilities, with the ability to connect up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices. DROID 3 by Motorola delivers the power needed to conquer the day whether customers are at home, work or somewhere in between.
· Powered by Android™ 2.3 Gingerbread
· Mirror mode allows you to view and share photos, videos and movies on a larger TV via HDMI output (requires HDMI cable)
· Global ready, allowing customers to enjoy wireless voice and data service in more than 200 countries, including more than 125 with 3G speeds
· Enterprise ready with advanced security policies, device and SD card encryption, complex password support, remote data wipe of device and SD card; document and presentation viewing and editing with Quickoffice®
· Citrix® GoToMeeting® for Android, gives users the ability to attend online meetings while on-the-go, and Citrix Receiver® for Android, a universal software client that allows companies to deliver corporate apps, desktops and data to any corporate- or employee-owned device
· ESP smart dock technology for a tailored experience based on whether DROID 3 is docked in home, office or car settings
· Adobe® Flash® Player 10
· Front-facing camera for still shots and video chat
· Video playback in 1080p HD in mirror mode
Pricing and availability:
· DROID 3 by Motorola is now available online at www.verizonwireless.com, and will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores by July 14 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
· Customers that purchase a DROID 3 will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a smartphone data package. New Verizon Wireless customers will have the option of smartphone plans starting at $30 for 2GB of data. Current Verizon Wireless smartphone customers who are upgrading their smartphone can keep their current data plan.