Is this the best looking CUV ever? I’m inclined to agree. I first told you about the Mercedes GLA when the company unveiled the concept vehicle at the Shanghai motor show. It would appear not much has changed, though, and without much surprise, the video projecting headlamps have been negated from the final rendition. No biggy, though it would be daring to bring something like that to market.
Under the hood is a 2.0l 4-cylinder turbo charged engine mated to a dual-clutch 7 speed gear box that cranks out 208hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. Merc says the GLA should rocket from a dead stop to 60mph in just 6.4 seconds. Impressive? You bet it is. Initially the 4matic version will go on sale, which will then be followed by a front wheel drive version sometime in 2015.
Aesthetically, the GLA’s stance is low and wide. However, I’m willing to speculate and say that this is the AMG body kit, since its lines are analogous to that of the C63 and other AMG cars. It also seems to be adorned with a matte paint finish, which is rare and highly impractical. So I suggest you manage your expectations on what the final, show room version will look like, but that isn’t to say it won’t be a looker, because it is.
Sorry, no word on a price, or official launch date. And Mercedes hasn’t said when the AMG version will hit showrooms.
Also why not check out:
- 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Supercharged GT by Kicherer
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT
- 2014 Mercedes E63 AMG S 4Matic Sedan Review (video)
- 2015 Mercedes GLA: First Drive, First Coachella
- 2015 Mercedes S550 Sedan Review
- Brabus Boosts Power for the Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG
- First Image of New Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Leaked
- Glowing LED Mercedes Logo Now Available To Jersey Shore Meat Heads (video)
- Mercedes AMG C63 Review: an $80,000 Shot of Adrenaline (video)
- Mercedes Intros CLA Class; said to be $30,000
- Mercedes Invents an Invisible Car (video)
- Mercedes Splitview COMAND System: One Screen, Two Images
- Mercedes Unveils Lithium-Ion Hybrid
- Mercedes-Benz 2014 SLS AMG Black Series (video)
- Mercedes-Benz CLA Limited Edition 1
- Mercedes-Benz Ener-G-Force Concept
- Mercedes-Benz F125 Concept: The Future of the S-Class
- Mercedes-Benz GLA Concept SUV Includes Video Projecting Head Lamps
- Mercedes-Benz’s New S Class Coupe is Dead Sexy, Comes with Magical Sunroof
- Watch Kate Upton Wash the All New Mercedes CLA In Slow-Mo (video)