Lexus has dressed up its LF-LC Concept in a new color. The first time we saw the concept it was red, now it’s blue. Lexus Australia is calling it the “second version” of the model that was first seen at the Detroit Auto Show. The luxurious Opal Blue body finish is the same color as the semi-precious opal stone that is found in the Australian Outback.
The blue-colored concept showcases all the features and new technology that Lexus will place in future cars like lightweight carbon fiber and aluminum alloy body panels and the next generation hybrid powerplant, the “Advanced Lexus Hybrid Drive.” The new hybrid powertrain features an Atkinson cycle petrol engine and an electric motor, with a smaller battery pack powering the motor, which Lexus says will deliver more power than the larger batteries that are currently in service. The total power output from the engine-motor hybrid is 500 hp. The interior has twin 12.3-inch LCD screens for info and navigation display that are operated by a touch screen control board.
Also why not check out:
- 2013 Lexus RX F Sport Review (video)
- 2014 Lexus IS350 F Sport Video Review: Great in the Corners, Sluggish off the Line (video)
- 2015 Lexus RC 350 F-Sport Review
- 2015 Lexus RC F and RC 350 F Sport First Drive and Impressions
- Lexus GS F Review (2018): All Natural V8 Horsepower
- Lexus LF-A Crystallized Wind Is A See-Through Car
- Lexus LF-CC Concept Car
- Lexus LF-LC
- Lexus LF-NX Concept Features Bold Styling Cues
- Lexus Makes An Aggressive Statement With 2015 Lexus RC Coupe
- Lexus RX350 F Sport Review (2018)
- Meet The Lexus That Can Paint Your Picture