Lamborghini is looking toward the future with their new Asterion LPI 910-4 hybrid. Yes, you read that right… One of the world’s most famous names is auto is now making hybrid sports cars. Their new hybrid offering pushes out 900 ponies and includes electric motors that all combines to provide rich customers with the equivalent of 282 mpg. Revealed at the Pairs Motor show, the “LPI” part of its name stands is supposed to translate to: “I” is for Ibrido, which is Italian for “hybrid.”
Creating all that horsepower is a longitudinally-positioned 5.2-liter V10 pumping out 610 horsepower, combined with 300 horsepower worth of electric propulsion for the full 910 equine experience. It can go about 77 mph or 32 miles on its electric juice alone. And just because it’s a hybrid doesn’t mean it lacks that speed that Lamborghini is known for, sprinting from 0 to 60mph in just three seconds flat, with a top speed of about 198mph.
As far as looks are concerned, the hybrid features styling cues from Lamborghini’s grand tourers from days past like their OG 350GT, and continued the tradition with models like their Jalpa model up through the 1980s. It looks production ready so now it’s just a matter of time until Lamborghini makes their hybrid an official part of their fleet.
Also why not check out:
- Flex Your Inner “Bond” With the Cars for Stars Lamborghini Aventador Limo Concept (video)
- Lamborghini Aventador J at 2012 Geneva Motor Show
- Lamborghini Aventador LP720-4 50 Anniversario Is All the Limited You Need
- Lamborghini Egoista Concept Happy Birthday from Volkswagen
- Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera Edizione Tecnica
- Lamborghini’s New 2013 Gallardo LP 560-4
- Lamborghini’s New Gallardo, the LP 570-4 Squadra Corse Is Stunning, Naturally
- Lamborghini’s New Sexy Veneno Roadster Is Ten Times More Than Aventador
- Oemmedi Mechanics Marries A Classic Fiat 500 with a Lamborghini Murcielago
- Up Close with the Hamman Aventador (pics)