It’s happened to us all; we get somewhere and realize we’ve forgotten a charger, or a cord, and now we’re up the creek. And the more devices you have, the more likely this is to happen. Fuelbox, however, wants to ensure you’ve got them all in one place.
Why We Need This
A while back, all the major phone manufacturers got together, agreed that making a proprietary charger for every single phone they made was stupid, and all agreed to use the USB standard. This, you’d think, would make multi-pronged chargers unnecessary. But thanks to Apple being stubborn and, let’s face it, kind of evil, and the multiple connectors allowed under the USB standard, it turns out phone chargers still need a variety of connectors.
A Power Jackknife
Essentially, Fuelbox works on a jackknife, modular design. First of all, you slot a battery into the top of a custom outlet. When the battery is charged, you can just pop it off and carry it with you, using it to gas up your phone or tablet. Connectors fold out from the side, conveniently labeled so you can just pop out the one you need and slot your phone it. Two flexible cords pop out with the most common connectors as well. And, of course, there’s a USB port to just plug in a cable if you’ve got one handy.
Realistically, this is going to be an increasing problem, and Fuelbox is clever in how they’re marketing this particular gadget; they’re aiming not just at the day to day consumer, but also at hotels, coffee shops, and other public spaces where people often have to plug in just to get something charged up or otherwise done. If you’d like to see where the future of power goes, a full set of Fuelbox gear is just $80.
Also why not check out:
- 7 Wireless Charging Options for your SmartPhone (list)
- Best Portable Phone Charger
- Best Wireless Charger
- Continuance AA Battery Concept Adds USB
- Cords Of Steel Right Angle Charger
- Native Union Belt Cable Review
- Pan Charger: Power your iPhone with Boiling Water
- PhoneSoap Charger Review
- PoweriSite Turns Your DeWalt Battery Into An iPhone Charger
- ReZap Battery Charger Brings New Life To Disposables Batteries
- Super-Cool Ossia Cota Beams Battery Power Through the Air
- VOLTA XL Is A Super Tough Charging Cable
- Zus Car Charger and Locator Available for $30