We spent the past month looking and testing the best shower curtain liners available today. We tried out over 20 different shower curtain liners made from varying materials such as polyester fabric, polyvinyl chloride (PVC), and polyethylene vinyl acetate (PEVA).
In the end, our top choice went to LiBa’s shower curtain liner. It has everything you’d want from a shower curtain liner: made from an eco and human friendly material (PEVA), sturdy magnets at the bottom that prevent water from leaking out, rust-proof metal grommets, and mildew resistance, all for a very affordable price. Our honorable mention, the EPICA shower curtain liner, has most of LiBa’s best features except the latter’s PEVA material. That’s what ultimately set the two apart and why we went with LiBa for our top pick. Also, make sure to check out our top electric toothbrush guide to make sure you have the latest bathroom essentials.
- 1 Top 7 Best Shower Curtain Liner Compared
- 1.1 #1 LiBa Mildew Resistant Antimicrobial PEVA 8G Shower Curtain Liner – Top Pick
- 1.2 #2 EPICA Mildew Resistant Shower Curtain Liner – Honorable Mention
- 1.3 #3 N&Y HOME Fabric Shower Curtain Liner – Best Fabric Shower Curtain Liner
- 1.4 #4 iDesign Plastic Shower Curtain Liner – Best Budget
- 1.5 #5 mDesign – 2 Pack – PEVA Curtain Liner – Best Value
- 1.6 #6 Hookless RBH40BBS01 Shower Curtain Liner – Best Design
- 1.7 #7 AmazonBasics Vinyl Shower Curtain Liner – Most Durable
- 1.8 How We Decided
- 2 Shower Curtain Liner Buyer Guide
Top 7 Best Shower Curtain Liner Compared
#1 LiBa Mildew Resistant Antimicrobial PEVA 8G Shower Curtain Liner – Top PickWHY WE LIKE IT: The LiBa shower liner is made of eco-friendly material. It’s also anti-microbial, durable, and affordable. It’s the best shower curtain liner in terms of both quality and affordability.
LiBa’s shower curtain liner is our top choice for many reasons. Upon trying it, its eco-friendly material was obvious with the lack of odor in comparison to the vinyl shower curtain liners that we tried. We loved the strong magnets at the bottom so it didn’t easily sway and really kept the water inside the tub.
Its size of 72 x 72 inches is more than enough to cover our bathtub, much like many of the best shower curtains. One thing we noticed is that it sticks to the skin sometimes while taking a shower but that’s a minor issue. It gets the job done very well as far as preventing leaks. We only used it a few times so it’s not possible to test its mildew-resistant claim but we love that the company offers a one-year warranty against mildew and a 90-day money-back guarantee. Those certainly add value to this product, making it our top overall choice.
#2 EPICA Mildew Resistant Shower Curtain Liner – Honorable MentionWHY WE LIKE IT: The EPICA shower curtain liner is a heavyweight curtain liner that also offers mildew resistance. It also offers a 15-month warranty. It’s the best alternative to our top choice.
The EPICA shower curtain liner is made of vinyl, so it’s heavy. At 2.35 pounds, its weight helps to keep it steady without the need for magnets. Like LiBa, it’s also mildew-resistant and has anti-microbial properties.
One thing we like about EPICA is that it’s non-sticky. It doesn’t touch your skin as you shower. However, because of the material, it’s made from, you can smell the vinyl odor as you shower, although it went away after a few times of using it. Its 15-month warranty is also the longest of all the products we tested and should be just as durable as the best shower caddy.
#3 N&Y HOME Fabric Shower Curtain Liner – Best Fabric Shower Curtain Liner
WHY WE LIKE IT: The N&Y HOME shower curtain liner has an aesthetic fitting for a hotel. It has a quick dry property and is an easily washable shower curtain. This makes it best for those who prefer light, polyester fabric shower curtain.
The N&Y HOME is our top choice for shower curtain liners made of polyester fabric and might perhaps be the must have bathroom essential. It looks simple yet elegant, like those that you can find in luxurious hotels. The water also dries very quickly. We noticed that it only took about a little over an hour for it to be completely dry after use.
Its lightweight can be considered both a pro and a con. It’s an advantage in the sense that it makes it easy to wash. However, it’s also a disadvantage because we saw some water leak to the floor even if it does have magnets at the bottom corner to supposedly address this. Still, with its quality look and affordable price, it’s still a great buy for a polyester fabric-made shower curtain line.
#4 iDesign Plastic Shower Curtain Liner – Best BudgetWHY WE LIKE IT: The iDesign plastic shower curtain liner is also made of PEVA and is mildew-resistant, like our top choice. It’s also the most affordable of all the quality shower curtain liners we tested, making it the best budget shower curtain liner.
The iDesign plastic shower curtain is made of eco-friendly PEVA which we love. It’s apparent by the lack of smell as we used it. It’s also mildew-resistant. Its 72 by 72 inches measurement should be enough to cover most bathtubs and showers. And should be a nice complement to the Burth Sonic Toothbrush.
The material is really thin and the magnets at the bottom aren’t strong or heavy enough to hold the curtain down. Being the cheapest of all the shower curtain liners we tested, though, we didn’t really expected it to perform as well as our top choice but it’s still decent enough for its price.
#5 mDesign – 2 Pack – PEVA Curtain Liner – Best ValueWHY WE LIKE IT: The mDesign curtain liner is another PEVA-made, mildew-resistant shower curtain liner. What’s even better is that it comes in two packs at an affordable price.
The mDesign shower curtain liner is a basic, transparent liner that’s good enough to keep shower water from leaking onto the floor. It’s made of PEVA and is also resistant to mold and mildew. It’s even sold in packs of two at a cheap price.
However, it’s a little too thin in comparison with other PEVA-made shower curtain liners and its magnets aren’t as good as the others we tested. Still, getting two shower curtain liners for the price of one is still excellent value.
Read also: Sonicare Diamond Clean Toothbrush review
#6 Hookless RBH40BBS01 Shower Curtain Liner – Best DesignWHY WE LIKE IT: The Hookless RBH40BBS01 has a snap-in design, making it extremely easy to remove and put back in. This is best for those who want their shower curtain liner easily removed and reattached.
The Hookless RBH40BBS01 shower curtain liner is made of polyester fabric and can be easily snapped in and out of the Hookless’ fabric shower curtain. This detachable liner is light enough that you won’t have a hard time washing or cleaning it up.
On its own, its length is 54 inches but is designed to attach to fabric shower curtains that measure 71 by 74 inches, which is more than enough to cover your bathtub. One caveat about this is that the fabric shower curtain that it attaches to is sold separately.
#7 AmazonBasics Vinyl Shower Curtain Liner – Most DurableWHY WE LIKE IT: The AmazonBasics vinyl shower curtain liner is the heaviest that we tested. That means it can withstand the pressure from the water coming out of the shower. It’s best if you prefer a thick and heavy shower curtain liner.
Weighing in at 2.69 pounds, the AmazonBasics is the heaviest of all the shower curtain liners that we tried. Its thick material is excellent for preventing water leaks even with strong pressure from the shower. It certainly gets the job done as far as keeping your floor dry even without magnets at the bottom.
Because it’s made of vinyl though, the odor is very noticeable once you use it. Its smell might be uncomfortable for some people. This is its one major drawback although we did notice that the odor slowly dissipated with several uses.
How We Decided
We wanted to look for the best shower curtain that also offers great value for your money. To do this, we decided to put a limit on a certain price point for our review.
The standard shower measures at about 70 x 54 inches so we considered shower curtain lines at or above that size. We weren’t particular about the design because shower curtain liners aren’t really intended for decoration as opposed to actual shower curtains.
While we preferred shower curtain lines made from eco-friendly materials like polyethylene vinyl acetate, we still tested out others that were made from common alternative materials like polyester fabric and vinyl then selected at least one of each of those materials for our final list.
The most important factor was how well it performs its main functions, which is to prevent water from spraying all over the floor. Each shower curtain liner in our list tested well in this aspect. We also considered durability and ease of cleaning, which is a common problem in shower curtains. Which is to say we ensured that all of our top picks could withstand multiple uses per day well over 12 months and/or could be cleaned, though given their price you might opt to simply replace.
Shower Curtain Liner Buyer Guide
The Most Important Features to Consider
To get the best shower curtain liner, make sure to pay attention to the following features when you buy:
- Material – The best shower curtain liners are made of eco-friendly materials like polyethylene vinyl acetate (PEVA) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA). These materials are chlorine-free and have anti-microbial properties. Fabric shower curtain liners are good alternatives. They’re softer and easy to wash. Vinyl shower plastic liners are cheap and get the job done as far as preventing water leaks on your bathroom’s floor, but they sometimes give off a strong chemical odor so it’s not the best for health. Water repellent curtains are an added benefit as well as they dry quickly. This helps to avoid mildew and mold. Liner mold and mildew is a pain to clean.
- Size – 70 by 54 inches should be enough to cover most showers. However, there are plenty of shower curtain liners that are bigger than that. Our list features six wide shower curtains that are at least 70 by 72 inches for wider coverage.
- Warranty – The best brands of bathroom shower curtain liners offer up to two years of warranty if their product doesn’t perform up to standard. You’re protected when you purchase from companies who offer that warranty.
- What’s the difference between a shower curtain liner and a shower curtain?
A shower curtain liner, typically made of polyester or vinyl, is mainly used to keep the water from your tub or shower from leaking to the floor. It’s also used to keep your shower curtain dry and is placed inside the tub. Most shower curtain liners come in plain white or are transparent since they’re not intended for decoration. They can also be used even without a shower curtain. A shower curtain, on the other hand, is mainly used to add privacy to your shower by covering the curtain liner and for aesthetics to enhance the look of your bathroom. They don’t necessarily serve to keep water from leaking to the floor.
Also why not check out:
- ‘Soap Flakes’ Soap Shredder Negates Liquid Soap
- 10 Top “Movember” Grooming Tech (list)
- 9 Futuristic Toilets and Seats You Should Be Sitting On (List)
- ARTAS: Hair Regrowth Machine
- Best Bathroom Essentials You Should Have
- Best Lighted Makeup Mirror
- Best Shower Caddy
- Best Shower Curtain
- Big Dumps In Yo Area: Johnny Jolter Power Plunger
- BodyTrace eScale: The World’s First GSM-Enabled Scale
- Corcel N°1 Carbon Fiber Bathtub (video)
- Ditch Bathroom Spray With KOHLER’s Purefresh Deodorizing Toilet Seat
- Eco-Otome Toilet Sound Blocker Is
- Gadget of the Week: Tube Squeezing Toothbrush
- Get Cozy With Your Significant Other With The Yin Yang Couples Bath
- Graff Ametis Waterfall Shower Head Costs $15,000
- Grush Smart Toothbrush Trains Kids with Brushing Games
- Hammacher Schlemmer Would Like To Bake You In A Infrared Supine Sauna
- Hang Your Shampoo Bottle On A Magnet
- IllumiBowl Night Light: Never Miss Again
- LED Color Changing Showerhead with Remote
- Nebia Steam Shower Saves Water with Droplet Technology
- Nebia Wants To Change How You Shower
- Numi Super Toilet from Kohler Comes with a Touchscreen Remote (video)
- OHSO Pocket Toothbrush
- Oral-B Makes Your Toothbrush Smart (video)
- Panasonic Sonic Pocket ToothBrush Will Make A Vibrating Road Shank
- Philips Click & Style 3-in-1 Electric Razor Review
- Quip Ensures You’ll Never Forget A Toothbrush Again
- Remington Touchscreen Beard Trimmer
- Reverse Shower, The Viteo Shower
- Rotating Faucet Serves Both Sink And Shower
- Sharper Image’s MP3 Wireless Speaker Fog Free Shower Mirror Is Clearly Thought Out
- Shower then Bounty Hunt with this Bobba Fett Bathrobe
- Skarp Razor Claims to Cut Hair with Lasers, Explodes Kickstarter
- Solar Electric Razor, Why Not
- STAND: The Urinal That Has A Sink Built Into It. …Ew.
- Stay Toasty With Brookstone’s Towel Warmer
- Steam Shower Room Gives You The Ultimate Massage
- Take Singing In The Shower To The Next Level With Rain-Style Shower Speaker
- The Body Dryer Dries You Out In Thirty Seconds
- The Fresh Air Plus Toilet Seat Airs Out Your Dirty Business
- The Philips StyleXpert Beardtrimmer 9000 With Laser Guide Provides Accurate Trimming
- The Shower Gun Makes Putting Bath Gel On A Violent Enterprise
- The Showerpik: For The Very, Very Rushed
- This Octopus Plunger is One Random Way to Scare Your Roommate
- TiTweezers Are The Strong, Long-Lasting, Hypoallergenic Tweezers You Always Wanted
- Turn Your Bathroom Into The Star Trek Transporter Room
- Urinal/Sink Hybrid Concept
- Watch Movies While You Shower With The iPad Musical Shower Curtain
- You’ll Never Want To Get Out Of The Venado Steam Shower
- Zen Faucet With Touchscreen Controls And Auto Shut Off