I have no clue how I missed this, but alas I did. Sony will officially launch the PS4, otherwise known as the Playstation 4, on November 15th in the US. Europe and Latin America will follow two weeks later, or to be more specific on November 29th.
According to Sony, they’ve already sold 1,000,000 PS4s. I’m not sure how that stacks up against Microsoft’s Xbox One, but it’s likely more given the snafus the Gates founded company ran into when they announced that the system would require an “always on” connection to play games – they’ve since reversed their stance.
It’s not clear if those that preordered the device online will receive it on November 15th or the 29th, but since it’s such a massive launch, much like the iPhones, I don’t see why not.
As of today, Sony says that over 180 PS4 titles are in development, and of those 33 will launch (this includes digital downloads) between the launch of the next gen console and December 31st. And in addition to those games, Sony will ship the PS4 with something called The Playroom. The Playroom will teach gamers how to use the PS4’s new Dual Shock 4 controller, such as the touchpad and light bar. Moreover, those that own a PS camera will be able to enjoy AR Bots, Play with Asobi and AR Hockey, all of which are augmented reality apps.
In terms of actual launch days, both Canada and the US will see the PS4 go on sale on November 15th. Every where else – this includes Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama and Peru – will see the PS4 on November 29th.
Press release on the following page
Also why not check out:
- 10 of the Best PS4 Games 2014
- 5 Things To Know About Project Morpheus, Sony’s PlayStation VR Headset (List)
- 7 Examples of How the Playstation 4 Dominates the XBox One
- Details Revealed on How Sony’s PlayStation 4 Eye Will Work
- Here is What the PS4’s Retail Packaging Will Look Like When It Arrives Next Month
- Introducing PlayStation Vue: TV for Your PS4 or PS3 Without a Cable Sub
- Is this the Actual PS4 Console We’ve All Been Looking For?
- Labor Day Deals on PlayStation 4 and Xbox Ones ($359)
- New PlayStation 4’s Being Sold for $50 Less on eBay
- Odd, The PS4 Launching in Japan in 2014, Three Months After the US Launch
- Official: Here is the ACTUAL PS4 Console
- PlayStation 4 Shows Up In Stock at Best Buy, Ships by Xmas
- PlayStation 4 Spotted for $30 Off on eBay
- PlayStation 4: Where to Buy + List of Stores at Midnight
- PS Vita TV Lets You Play Your PS4 in Another Room, Plays Hundreds of Games, Costs $100 (video)
- PS4 drops to $350 & Gets Free Game Xmas Eve at Best Buy
- PS4 Launching November 13th According to a Leaked Poster
- PS4 Specs Unveiled, Includes Touchpad Controller, 8GB of RAM, Coming Holiday 2013
- PS4 Update 2.01 Coming Soon
- Sony’s PS4 Will Allow Users To Access Their Game Libraries Anywhere
- Take a First Look at Sony’s PS4 Interface in this Short Video (video)
- This PlayStation 4 Teardown Will Answer All Your Questions
- White PlayStation 4 Bundle Goes on Sale at Newegg for 10% off
- Why Buy Pre-Fab? Build a PS4!