Bam! It happened. I drove the brand new, hot off the assembly line 2015 Chevrolet Z06. Yes, it’s a monster, outputting 650 horses and 650 lb-ft of torque. Much to my surprise, though, that doesn’t mean it can’t be driven on city roads. In fact, quite the opposite. Largely thanks to GM’s magnetic ride which instantly switches the car’s feel and comfort.
Available in both a convertible or coupe (which is really also a convertible), the Z06 starts at $78,000. Stock is the 7-speed manual, though if you want the fastest 0-60 you’ll need to select the 8-speed automatic. And speaking of 0-60 it’s a mere 2.95 seconds, a first for a front engine, rear wheel drive car. Speed like that can’t be conveyed on paper. Other monster stats include 1.2gs of lateral grip, tons of down force, neck breaking braking (60-0) in less than 100 feet, and a top speed of 186 mph.
If you’re thinking about getting one, good news, because they’re on sale and shipping to customers. However, don’t hold your breath, because this car is sure to be in demand, especially since it boasts supercar stats with a regular sports car price tag. That said, expect to drop $90k. Which is to say you should without a shred of doubt opt for the Z07 package. It includes carbon ceramic breaks, a stage 3 aero kit, and Michelin’s Cup 2 tires (note: these aren’t built for the rain).
Want more? Hit the video review above.
Also why not check out:
- 11 Reasons the Corvette C7 Is a Budget Supercar (list)
- 2014 Chevy’s boast updated MyLink, Smartphone integration
- 2014 Corvette Stingray Announced From Chevrolet (video)
- 2015 Chevy Corvette Z06 Gets A Supercharged Engine and at Least 625HP (video)
- 2015 GMC Yukon Denali, Chevy Suburban First Drive and Look (video)
- All New 2020 Corvette Stingray Priced at Just $67,500, Revealed and Video
- Apple Teams Up With Chevy To Integrate Siri Into Their Cars (video)
- Chevrolet Bolt EV First Drive Review
- Chevy Bolt EV Review
- Chevy Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
- Chevy Spark EV First Drive: the Affordable Electric Car
- Chevy Volt Price Announced
- Chevy Volt Review
- Chevy Volt Uses GPS To Adjust Engine Use
- Hands on With the 2014 Chevy Spark EV (pics)
- Hands on with the Chevy Spark (pics)
- Opel Outs Ampera Hybrid Vehicle, Uses Chevy Volt Engine
- Watch Chevy’s Corvette C7 Tear Up One of the Baddest Parties at Coachella 2014 (video)