If you’re in the market for a new laptop, you can get a cheap, stripped-down PC, or you can get one of the best Chromebook for the same price. Plus, you’ll get a longer-lasting battery and better performance.
One great option is the Samsung Chromebook 3. This laptop is perfect for younger kids and students who need a computer for entertainment purposes. With an 11.6 inch screen and a battery life of ten hours, there’s plenty of value packed into this small device.
The Samsung Chromebook 3 has a 1.6GHz Intel Celeron dual-core processor. That, along with its solid-state drive, means you’ll have no problem with web browsing or running android apps. It powers on in roughly five seconds, can handle multiple web apps, and stream video without missing a beat.
For your day-to-day tasks and projects, the Samsung Chromebook 3 gets the job done beautifully.
Weighing in at two-and-a-half pounds, the Samsung Chromebook 3 is small and light enough that you can just throw it in your backpack whenever you’re on the way somewhere. While there are thinner and lighter options on the market, it’s tough to beat this Samsung series Chromebook.
The screen on this laptop opens and folds over, so if you want to use it in tablet mode, you can. Additionally, the screen is plenty bright enough to use in nearly any lighting, much like the Lenovo Ideapad and the versatile Macbook Air.
Users get a keyboard that is spill-resistant but comfortable. It is slightly curved so that your fingers feel right at home when they’re at rest. The trackpad is plenty big enough for this 11-inch Chromebook, and it feels responsive and smooth when you use it to navigate.
One of the biggest selling points of the Samsung Chromebook 3 is its impressive battery life. It will last nearly ten hours on a charge, which is a solid showing for a Chromebook you use on a daily basis. A few Chromebooks on the market last longer, but they don’t boast the specs available with the Samsung Chromebook 3.
From a value perspective, Chromebook 3 has what you need for daily use. The right side of the laptop includes a headphone jack along with a USB 3.0 port. While on the left, you’ll get a full-size HDMI port, a USB 2.0 port, and a microSD slot. At the top of the Chromebook 3 is an HD webcam which you can use for chatting or taking selfies.
Overall this is a solid laptop for use at school. You’ll get plenty of high-quality specs and performance without spending a lot of money. The battery lasts nearly ten hours, so you don’t have to worry about it dying while you’re in the middle of a class.
ChromeOS doesn’t pack the power that Mac OS or Windows machines offer, but if you can get past the operating system, this is a solid device that will get you through your day without letting you down.
Also why not check out:
- 10 Reasons to Switch to Chrome for iOS and Ditch Safari
- Acer Chromebook 15 Review
- Acer Chromebook R 13 Reviews
- ASUS Flip C100P Chromebook Review
- Best Chromebook Apps
- Best Chromebook Cases for 2018
- Best Printer for Chromebook in 2020 (June Reviews)
- Check on Your Chromebook Storage Space with This Simple Trick
- Chromebook vs iPad – The Key Differences
- Chromebook vs. Laptop – Which is Right For You?
- Dell Chromebook 13 Review
- Google Increases Chromebook Hacking Prize to $100,000
- Google’s Chromebook Pixel Contains a Secret Easter Egg Related to the NES Konami Code
- How to Turn Your Old Laptop into a Chromebook
- How To Unlock Your Chromebook With Your Smartphone
- New School-Focused Chromebook CX110 Comes with Windows Access
- Samsung Accidentally Releases Details on Chromebook Pro
- Samsung Chromebook 2 Review
- Samsung Series 5 550 Chromebook Review
- Samsung Series 5 Chromebook Wi-Fi Review
- Toshiba Chromebook 2 Review