What are the features that make for the best 32-inch monitor? First and foremost, the best computer monitor should offer excellent color accuracy, fast response times, and high refresh rates. Since 32-inch monitors are considered larger than the average display, all of these features will create an excellent picture quality for any application.
You should also expect the top 32-inch monitor to offer a high screen resolution. At a bare minimum, your monitor should feature a 1920×1080 screen resolution for an excellent viewing experience. However, for the best image quality, your 32-inch monitor should have a 4K screen resolution. Although, if this 32-inches isn’t the size for you, then ask yourself what computer monitor size should you get.
The monitor you purchase should also offer a feature set that matches your specific usage habits. For example, if you’re looking for the best 32-inch monitor, you would want an option that gives you accurate color representation, fast response times, high refresh rates, and a lot of connectivity. If 32 inches is a tad bit too large for you, you can take it down a notch and go for the best 24-inch monitor.
Keep reading to learn more about the best 32-inch monitors available today, and how you can choose the best one for your needs.
Top 32 Inch Monitors
#1 LG 32ML600M-B 32 Inch Monitor
Award: TOP PICK
WHY WE LIKE IT: This 1080p monitor delivers vivid visuals, and its large color gamut is suitable for content creation projects. Its advanced split-screen features mimic dual-monitor setups, so working with multiple windows is easy.
- Impressive picture quality
- Accurate colors for content creation
- HDMI and VGA ports
- Horizontal ports complicate wall mounting
- Gloss finish on the screen causes glare
- Weak plastic stand
The LG 32ML600M-B 32-inch monitor has an IPS panel that provides wide viewing angles. It supports HDR10 and has gorgeous colors that captivate. With 95% coverage of the DCI-P3 color space, this monitor is ideal for photo and video editing. This monitor has a suite of connectivity options, including HDMI and VGA. Although this model has a VESA 100x100mm interface, the ports are horizontal, so mounting this monitor on the wall is challenging.
Gamers will love the Crosshair and Black stabilizer features that enhance gameplay. It has a sleek aesthetic with a matte black finish that brings a touch of sophistication to the desk. The LG 32ML600M-B 32-inch monitor has a curved V-shaped plastic stand that allows for some adjustment. Advanced split-screen features on this LG monitor enhance multitasking. This monitor also has a gloss finish, which is suitable for low-light settings.
#2 Acer EB321HQ Awi 32 Inch Monitor
Award: HONORABLE MENTION
WHY WE LIKE IT: This stylish monitor will add a touch of modern flair to any desk and produces stunning pictures. It has a good selection of inputs, simplifying connecting to a wide variety of computers and game consoles.
- Amazing picture quality
- Huge selection of ports
- Great design
- Stand doesn’t swivel
A good choice for office dwellers, the Acer EB321HQ Awi 32-inch monitor, combines sleek aesthetics with modern functions. It features an IPS panel that offers an impressively clear picture even at wide viewing angles. This monitor has an infinite contrast ratio, and its deep black levels will delight movie lovers, and if you think you’re seeing unevenness in the deep blacks on a monitor, be sure to run a black uniformity test on it. Its Full HD resolution and 60Hz refresh rate are adequate for the typical office user. The stand on this monitor supports tilting, but it’s limited ergonomically in that it doesn’t rotate or swivel.
This Acer EB3221HQ Awi 32-inch monitor boasts decent gaming features, including a quick 4ms response time. Featuring HDMI and VGA inputs, this monitor works with legacy monitors and modern displays. A Kensington lock slot enables securing this device. It also boasts flicker-free backlighting technology, delivering amazing picture quality without causing eye strain if you sit an ideal distance from your monitor. This monitor can get very bright, featuring a peak brightness of 300 nits, making it a good choice for fighting glare in brightly lit offices
#3 Samsung LU32J590UQNXZA 32 Inch Monitor
Award: BEST FOR MULTI-TASKING
WHY WE LIKE IT: Advanced gaming tech and a super low response time provide great gamer performance. This high-resolution monitor has advanced split-screen features that simplify working with multiple inputs and multiple windows simultaneously.
- Insanely good picture quality
- AMD FreeSync provides smooth gameplay
- Picture-by-Picture mode simplifies multitasking
- Stand is not very ergonomic
The Samsung LU32J590UQNXZA 32-inch monitor impresses with its advanced gaming features. It boasts AMD FreeSync, which eliminates screen tearing, delivering super-smooth gameplay. With a response time of just 4ms, this gaming monitor has minimal motion blur. The monitor also has dedicated gaming features such as Game mode and Low Input Lag mode to enhance performance. A slim bezel enables users to immerse themselves in their work completely, so this best monitor for work helps you get the job done efficiently. The screen has an anti-glare, matte finish that suits users in brightly lit rooms.
The LU32J590UQNXZA 32-inch monitor has split-screen functions such as Picture-by-Picture (PBP) that simplify working with multiple connected inputs. This monitor reproduces up to 1 billion colors, delivering incredibly colorful, vibrant content. Featuring a resolution of 3840 x 2160, this display provides vivid, rich imagery. Additionally, it upscales Full HD content beautifully. Equipped with two HDMI 2.0 inputs and a DisplayPort connector, this monitor works with a wide variety of computers and consoles. If you’re starting to think a 32-inch monitor may not be the size for you, consider the best 27 monitors instead for a smaller but still wide display.
#4 Sceptre C326B-185RD 32 Inch Monitor
Award: BEST FOR GAMERS
WHY WE LIKE IT: This Sceptre monitor boasts advanced features and supports high refresh rates, making it a favorite of professional gamers. It has a curved screen with virtually no bezel, delivering an immersive experience for gamers.
- Incredible features for gamers
- Curved screen deliver immersive visuals
- Excellent picture quality
- Mediocre built-in speakers
The Sceptre C326B-185RD 32-inch monitor has a curved screen and bezel-less design that provide total immersion. This monitor supports insane refresh rates of up to 185 Hz, rendering high-octane gaming content with buttery smoothness. Gaming enthusiasts will love the AMD FreeSync tech on this model, which eliminates screen tearing. Custom gaming settings such as RTS and FPS enhance gameplay. This monitor features built-in speakers, although they lack bass and don’t get loud.
Equipped with three HDMI ports and a Displayport input, this monitor works with a wide variety of computers and consoles. This Sceptre C326B-185RD 32-inch monitor has a built-in blue light filter for comfort. It has a standard VESA 100x100mm interface for wall mounting. The V-shaped stand on this model is also quite ergonomic, easily tilting forward and backward. This display also boasts anti-flicker tech for comfortable viewing. This Full HD monitor produces vibrant imagery.
#5 BenQ EW3280U 32 Inch Monitor
Award: BEST FOR MOVIE LOVERS
WHY WE LIKE IT: Excellent picture quality and accurate color reproduction support viewing High Dynamic Range content and content creation. The monitor has a built-in 5W subwoofer that impresses during gaming and movie playback.
- Powerful built-in subwoofer
- A wide variety of modern ports
- Colorful HDR content
- Mediocre viewing angles
The BenQ EW32780U 32-inch monitor boasts an IPS panel that provides ultra-wide viewing angles. A powerful 5W subwoofer coupled with two built-in 2W stereo speakers delivers high-fidelity audio. This HDR display produces deep, rich colors, and its impressive color accuracy suits photo and video editing projects. A resolution of 3840 x 2160 ensures excellent picture quality and clear text. However, the viewing angles on this model are not as good as those on some IPS models. But, despite the shortcomings in the viewing angles, it could be considered one of the high-end frameless monitors, considering the thin bezels that surround it.
This BenQ EW32780U 32-inch monitor has a blue light filter function that reduces eye strain. The monitor excels at the video and photo editing, covering an impressive 95% of the DCI-P3 color space. It has an amazing variety of ports, including USB-C, HDMI, and DisplayPort inputs. The USB-C port supports 60W power delivery, so users can charge laptops on this unit. A Brightness Intelligence Plus function automatically adjusts picture settings depending on ambient conditions.
#6 ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VG 32 Inch Monitor
Award: BEST FOR CONTENT CREATORS
WHY WE LIKE IT: Powerful gamer-centric features such as ELMB give gamers an edge in Esports. Additionally, this curved display delivers accurate colors and has an ergonomic stand, making it a good choice for photo and video editing.
- Incredibly ergonomic stand
- Excellent gaming features
- Accurate colors support content creation
- Some backlight bleed
The ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VG 32-inch monitor boasts incredible gaming features. It supports refresh rates of up to 144 Hz, rendering action gaming content flawlessly. ELMB-Sync and FreeSync provide stutter-free content. A superfast MPRT response time of just 1ms eliminates motion blur. The monitor also has Shadow Boost and other gameplay-enhancing technologies. This QHD monitor offers stunning visuals and brilliant, accurate colors. It supports HDR10 and gives the user control with multiple HDR modes.
ASUS has equipped this monitor with impressive eye-protection features. With a DisplayPort 1.2 input and two HDMI 2.0 ports, this accommodates multiple inputs. Its stand allows for a wide variety of custom adjustments. The screen has a 1800R curvature that reduces neck strain and offers immersive viewing. This monitor comes with an ergonomic stand that supports height adjustment in addition to tilting and pivoting. It has an intuitive control knob that’s easy to operate.
Beginner’s Guide to 32-Inch Monitors
What Are 32-Inch Monitors?
A 32-inch computer monitor is a device that connects to your computer or laptop to display information such as video games, movies, documents, and other computer applications. Without a computer monitor, you won’t be able to use your computer since you won’t be able to see what you’re doing.
All 32-inch monitors (even the great MSI monitors) offer the same core functionality, but there is a lot of variety when it comes to specific features and specs. These variations are important to look at when you consider how you plan on using your monitor.
The foremost 32-inch gaming monitor should offer better resolution, less motion blur, lower input lag, and gaming-specific features like Nvidia G-Sync compatibility. On the flip side, 32-inch monitors for professional work should offer more versatility in terms of connectivity, height adjustment, viewing angles, and features to lessen eye strain.
32-Inch Monitors vs. Traditional Monitors
In a technical sense, all 32-inch monitors are traditional monitors, but not all traditional monitors are 32 inches in size. The 32-inch measurement comes from measuring the length between opposite corners on the screen.
How 32-Inch Monitors Work
In layman’s terms, 32-inch monitors work by plugging into your computer or laptop with a display cable and displaying information from your computer onto the screen.
However, depending on the type of computer monitor your purchase, the technical way this happens can differ. Let’s take a look at each type of monitor so you can understand how they work:
- CRT Monitor: Cathode ray tube (CRT) monitors are outdated technology, and you won’t find any in the 32-inch size. CRT monitors are box displays of old with thick glass screens and a large tube lighting component.
- LCD Monitor: If you’re looking for the best budget 32-inch monitor, you can’t go wrong with a liquid crystal display (LCD) monitor. LCD monitors are also usually called flatscreen monitors due to their compact size and thin design. They use two layers of glass with a liquid crystal material in between and cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFLs).
- LED Monitor: LED monitors to use the same liquid crystal technology to reproduce the display and colors. The difference with LED monitors is the fact that they use individual light-emitting diodes (LED) instead of CCFLs for backlighting. These make for great gaming monitors.
Do You Really Need a 32-Inch Monitor?
32-inch monitors tend to hit the sweet spot for most people in terms of color accuracy, screen resolution, energy efficiency, and pure real estate. They’re larger than the average monitor, which means you can use them to multitask, play games, or pursue creative endeavors more easily.
If you’re a gamer, a creative professional, or simply have the budget to afford a larger computer monitor, then a 32-inch monitor is the ideal choice for you.
Is a 32-Inch Monitor Worth Buying?
- You’re a Gamer: If you’re a hardcore gamer, then a 32-inch monitor is the perfect choice for you. It gives you plenty of real estates to play your favorite games, especially if you like playing fast-paced games or darker games. The best 32-inch monitors include fast response times, high refresh rates, excellent maximum brightness levels, and a wide color gamut for better color accuracy. All of these features make playing video games more immersive with excellent picture quality. As an avid gamer, you should find a 32-inch monitor with the best panels for gaming. Plus, you’re more likely to get a 4K resolution screen in this size category.
- You’re a Creative Professional: Creative professionals like video editors, artists, and music producers all love 32-inch screens because it allows them to get up close and personal with their work. These monitors tend to offer the best in terms of image quality, so you can always see the details without missing anything in the process.
- You Want to Multitask without a Dual Monitor Setup: With their larger screen size and more crisp image quality, 32-inch monitors allow you to multitask more easily without a dual monitor setup. You’ll be able to adjust your windows on either side of the display without having to switch back and forth between them.
- You Use Your Computer for Streaming Movies and TV: In terms of image quality, 32-inch monitors have a lot to praise. They provide accurate color, excellent static contrast ratio, and higher peak brightness levels. All of these features combined make 32-inch monitors excellent for streaming movies and TV shows from your computer instead of on your TV. Remember to also get the best monitor with speakers if you want to enjoy streaming your movies.
Why a 32-Inch Monitor May Not Be For You
- You’re on a Tight Budget: If you’re looking for a cheap 32-inch monitor, you will most likely be able to find one. Unfortunately, you probably won’t get a lot of the features that make 32-inch monitors so great. If you’re on a tight budget, you may want to consider something with smaller screen size.
- You Don’t Have Enough Desk Space: 32-inch monitors reside in the larger end of computer displays. As such, they will require more desk space than you may have available on your desk. If you’re working in a small space, a 32-inch monitor may not be the best for you.
How Long Will a 32-Inch Monitor Last?
When it comes to a computer monitor’s overall lifespan, it boils down to how long you use it. As such, most technology pros like TechiExpert, measure display lifespan in usage hours instead of calendar years or months. So, if you use your 32-inch monitor more, it will lessen its overall lifespan.
For LCD monitors, you should expect a total of 30,000 to 60,000 hours of usage. For LED monitors, you should expect anywhere from 80,000 to 120,000 hours of usage.
How to Choose the Best 32-Inch Monitor
Before you select a 32-inch monitor, you’ll need to first determine what exactly you need it to offer in terms of features and functionalities.
32-Inch Monitor Key Factors to Consider
Use the following questions to determine what kinds of features you should look for when you start to research the best 32-inch monitors available on the market today. Your answers to these questions can help you narrow down your choices:
1. Are you going to use your monitor for gaming?
If you’re planning on purchasing a 32-inch monitor for gaming, then you’ll want to consider these specific features:
- Quick Response Time: Response time, also known as input lag, refers to the speed at which your monitor displays the things you are doing with your mouse, keyboard, or controller. This is incredibly important for playing fast-paced games. Look for monitors with a maximum of 4ms response time. The best monitors offer a 1ms response time.
- Refresh Rate: A monitor’s refresh rate refers to how fast it refreshes the screen with new images each second. Higher refresh rates are better for fast-paced games and competitive gaming. We recommend avoiding monitors with a 60Hz refresh rate or a 75Hz refresh rate in favor of something with a 120Hz or 144Hz refresh rate.
- Color accuracy: If you want a truly immersive gaming experience, then you’ll want to find a monitor with vivid colors and solid color accuracy. Most manufacturers have some kind of proprietary color technology, so if you see a feature like that, you’re probably good to go.
- Screen resolution: In most cases, professional gamers prefer monitors with a 1920×1080 screen resolution because they tend to offer faster response times and higher refresh rates. For competitive gaming, these are more important than crisp image quality. However, 4K monitors are more commonly offering these features, making them an excellent choice for gamers.
- Curved monitors: Curved gaming monitors are quickly becoming very popular. They create better immersion for gamers because they somewhat mimic peripheral vision. Plus, they look cool, which is always a big plus for gamers.
2. Are you going to use your monitor for professional or creative work?
If you’re planning on purchasing a 32-inch monitor for professional or creative work, then you’ll want to consider these specific features:
- Screen resolution: For professionals and creatives alike, screen resolution is one of the most important features to consider on a new computer monitor. In general, a 4K resolution will always be better for professionals than a full HD resolution. This is because 4K will always create a more crisp image quality with sharp details.
- Connectivity: Office professionals and creatives tend to need multiple devices or monitors connected to their computers. Fortunately, 32-inch monitors often include more input ports than other options. Things like built-in USB ports, USB-C connectivity, HDMI ports, VGA ports, and DisplayPorts allow you to connect to your devices with more versatility.
- Colors and Brightness: Color accuracy, a wide color gamut, deep blacks, good static contrast ratios, and more nits of brightness are all crucial for creatives looking for a solid visual experience. Higher numbers are typically better in all of these categories.
3. What screen resolution and aspect ratio is best for you?
We’ve already discussed some aspects of screen resolution when it comes to gaming monitors or monitors for creatives and professionals. However, it’s important to understand what screen resolution is and why it matters.
Resolution refers to the number of pixels present in your 32-inch monitor. The more pixels your monitor has, the better image quality you’ll get. As such, you will never want to purchase something with less than a full HD resolution. This is also called 1080p or 1920×1080 screen resolution.
Since 32-inch monitors are larger displays, we recommend purchasing a 4K monitor, which offers a 3840×2160 pixel resolution. These monitors produce a crisp image quality and sharp details that are hard to beat. They also offer wide viewing angles.
Aspect ratio is another important consideration to make, especially in this size category. Aspect ratio refers to the specific ratio between your monitor’s width and height. For the most part, you’ll see a 16:9 aspect ratio, also called widescreen.
However, if you want an ultrawide monitor, you’ll be getting a 21:9 aspect ratio. Ultrawide displays offer wide viewing angles, tons of real estate, and excellent picture quality.
5. How does your computer connect to your monitor?
How your computer connects to your 32-inch monitor is another important consideration before purchasing. The type of connectivity you need depends on what kind of cables you already have on hand and what kind of display ports your computer offers. Let’s take a look at the most common types of connectivity:
- VGA Ports: This is the oldest type of display port. While it is still common to find on computer monitors, we recommend using something else when possible. VGA ports can usually support resolutions up to 2560×1600.
- HDMI Ports: HDMI ports are the current industry standard for most display technology. They transfer both audio and video signals. Be aware that there are a variety of different HDMI cables that support different screen resolutions. Make sure you purchase the correct one to match your monitor’s resolution.
- DisplayPort: DisplayPort is a newer display connection that is found primarily on premium computer monitors. We recommend using DisplayPort connections for high-end monitors with 4K resolution, fast response times, and high refresh rates.
- USB Ports: Many computer monitors offer a variety of USB ports, including USB-C connectivity. More often than not, you’ll find USB ports on a portable monitor.
- Audio Input: Many computer monitors also offer audio input ports so you can plug headphones or speakers directly into your monitor. This is helpful if you have your computer in a hard-to-reach area.