Our Portable Phone Charger Buying Guide has all of the answers when it comes to phone chargers. No one has time to wait around while their smartphone charges (unless it’s while they sleep).
The people at Zap&Go understood this problem and creates a 5 minute charger! As the first supercapacitor-based charger, you can easily have a fully juiced smartphone in no time, which is especially helpful when you’re traveling and don’t have time to sit and wait around.
Bigger Smartphones + Bigger Batteries = Longer Recharge Time
As phones get bigger (think iPhone 6 and the Samsung Galaxy), so do the batteries…and this means longer battery recharging times. That’s cool if you’re juicing your phone overnight or are at work all day, but not so cool when your’e out and about and need to charge your phone in a hurry. The lithium-based batteries inside charge slowly so it can take up to 4 hours to get a full thing of charge. And although external charges exist, they still need to be charged themselves and do tend to take a while to load up your phone with charge. If you don’t charge the external chargers, you’re out of luck.
Supercapacitors Charge Quickly
They actually can take in enough energy to fully recharge an iPhone in practically seconds. But before the Zap&Go, it hadn’t been done before since existing supercapacitors are made from double wound aluminum foils and one needed to charge an iPhone battery would be to bulky and heavy to carry around as a phone charger. Zap&Go replaces the aluminum with a new advanced carbon material called grapheme, allowing the device to be small and light.
Can Charge Anything
The Zap&Go charger can charge a phone or tablet that features a standard 5v USB and includes devices from all of the major manufacturers like Apple, Amazon, HP, LG, Nokia, Sony, Samsung and more. It’s available with all international power plugs and you just plug into a power socket to illuminate its lights as it takes in 1,500mAh of charge into the grapheme supercapacitor, which is enough to charge an iPhone 5 from flat to 100%, an iPhone 6 or Samsung Galaxy 5 to 75%, or an iPad Air to 50%. Then when it’s fully charged it will sound off a confirmation sound and you can either unplug it, which will still charger your device normally, or leave it plugged in at the Zap&Go 5 charger will act as a universal phone or tablet adaptor.
The Indiegogo campaign is looking for funding with $99 getting you faster charging times with the Zap&Go charger
- Poseidon Portable Charger Is Built Tough
- Charge Your Smartphone In Just Five Minutes With Zap&Go
- Supercharge Your Devices with the Limefuel Blast Battery Pack (27% Off)
Also why not check out:
- 12 Portable Chargers That Work Both With iPhone and Android Phones (list)
- 3-In-1 Hand-Warming Phone Charger Is Perfect For Traveling This Winter
- 6 of the Best Qi Wireless Chargers
- Ampere is a Smart Wireless Charging Sleeve To Charge Your Smartphones
- AMPY: Power Your Devices With Your Daily Motion
- ARK is a Portable, Battery That Wirelessly Charges Your Phone
- Best Portable Phone Charger
- Bolt Battery Backup Charger Will Keep Your Phone On No Matter What Thanks to a Built-in Battery
- ChargeAll Is A Portable Wall Charger Alternative For All Your Devices
- Chargerito is The Smallest iPhone 6 Charger, Fits on Your Keychain
- Cota Might Finally Make Wireless Power A Reality
- DuPont Wants To Turn Your Countertop Into A Wireless Charger
- Energizer Debuts Universal Wireless Charging System
- Eton BoostTurbine Hand Crankable Battery is Apocalypse Approved
- Fuel + Mobile Rechargeable Battery 9000mAH Review
- GoKey Is A Keychain Sized Portable Charger
- Gomadic High Capacity Rechargeable Battery Review
- Griffin PowerDuo Reserve Review
- HooToo TripMate Is A Portable Charger And A Travel Router As Well