Gamers don’t just buy gaming keyboards because they light up in pretty colors, although that’s always a cool bonus. Gamers buy expensive peripherals because it helps them win gaming on their gaming laptops.
The Scorpion K10 from SmartGenius is no different. It may put on a nice light show, but this keyboard is all about upping your game.
What Makes the K10 Special
This gaming keyboard has a very mechanical feel to the keys, offering quick response times. When you hit a key to perform an action in the game, you know for sure that your command was given. There’s no doubt or guessing. Another great feature is that it has a 19 anti-ghosting key design, that allows you to press any of them simultaneously for better gaming performance.
If you like to carry a plethora of weapons in-game, you’ll love having up to 12 keys for your guns, because you can customize the F1 to F12 keys for different gaming weapons.
Switch between your Ak-47 and your Uzi with one key. Or maybe you need to ditch your rifle for a survival knife. Just hit the key. You can accomplish this through the SmartGenius App.
The keyboard includes a host of smart gaming settings as well. You can save your key settings as profiles and these can be swapped out automatically. Using Genius cloud, you can get a bunch of optimized gaming settings.
The K10 Software
The K10 uses the same SmartGenius software as all other Genius products, so it won’t provide a ton of extra options, but that’s okay because you are getting a great gaming keyboard for a great price.
Like I said, it’s not about a pretty light show, but cool visuals are always nice. This keyboard comes with multi-color options and brightness modes for a wide variety of RGB effects.
The Scorpion K10 Smart Gaming Keyboard is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or later. Naturally, you can use the K10 for non-gaming as well and it will serve as a perfectly adequate device for all of your work. I would consider this a great buy for any gamer who is just getting into buying accessories. It seems like a great first step toward more expensive options.
Also why not check out:
- AlphaGrip AG-5:QWERTY Keyboard in a Game Pad
- Beautiful Switchblade Gaming PC From Razer
- Cideko (Bluetooth) Air Keyboard Conqueror Review
- Corsair Vengeance K60 Performance FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- First Look: Razer Anansi MMO Gaming Keyboard
- Gadget Review: G13 Gameboard by Logitech
- Gadget Review: Razer Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Gaming Keyboard
- Gamers Delight: Logitech Adds 3 New ‘G’ Gaming Peripherals
- GameSir VX AimSwitch Review
- Logitech G510s LCD Gaming Keyboard Review
- Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Logitech Unveils The G13 Gameboard With Built-in Analog Stick
- MadCatz S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 Touch Screen Gaming Keyboard Review
- MaxKeyboard Durandal G1NL Mechanical Keyboard Review
- Razer Announces Orbweaver Mechanical Gamepad (Video)
- Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mass Effect Edition Gaming Keyboard Review
- Razer Deathstalker Ultimate Gaming Keyboard Review
- Razer Deathstalker Ultimate Keyboard Rocks 10 Display Keys and a 4-inch LCD Trackpad (video)
- Razer Nostromo All-Around Gaming Keypad
- Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Review
- Roccat Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard Review
- ROCCAT Isku Keyboard & Kone+ Mouse
- SteelSeries Apex [RAW] Gaming Keyboard Review
- Thermaltake eSports Level 10 M Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Tt eSPORTS Challenger Ultimate Gaming Keyboard Review
- Tt eSPORTS Meka G-Unit Wired Keyboard Review