Today, it seems inevitable that batteries inside of portable products will blow up or catch on fire. Sure, the majority of them will be fine, but with massive product appeal odds are that something is bound happen. Case in point is the iPhone 4.
An AT&T store employee says that a customer brought this iPhone 4 in after connecting it to a computer for charging (or perhaps syncing). As you can see the 30-pin dock connector caught fire, melted the cord and chard the outer part of the phone.
So is this a cause for concern? Not yet. This is the first report of an iPhone 4 catching fire and hopefully it’s an isolated incident. With that said, always be conscience of where and when you charge your gadgets, as you should be with an electrical appliance.
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."