Macrumors has compiled a list of new functions found in the latest iPhone 3.0 build, Beta 3.0. Here’s their list verbatim, but I’m gonna warn you: it’s not exciting.
- Ability to close all open Safari windows. Previously there was no ability to close the last remaining Safari window, but a red “x” is now functional in the page navigation, allowing users to close the final window, replacing it with a blank page.
- Battery percentage indicators. Allows users to view their remaining battery life as a percentage rather than just as an icon.
- Push notifications preferences. Allows users to toggle whether they want to allow push notifications as sounds, alerts, and/or badges.
- Expanded Data Detectors. Increased ability to automatically detect text such as e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and addresses and activate appropriate actions such as initiating a phone call or adding info to the Address Book when the items are touched.
- Variable scrubbing speed during iPod playback. Provides users with four options to allow them to fine tune navigation within a track.
- Variable playback speed for podcasts. Options include 1/2x, 1x, and 2x speeds.
- Single-tap jump back for podcasts. Tap a single icon to rewind podcast playback by 30 seconds.
- Additional data for podcasts saved on iPhone. Saved podcasts now display run time, time left, and publication date.