Earlier this year, Apple released the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, which offers a bigger display, offering more room to users to work in different apps. This also means the device can provide users with an excellent gaming experience since there’s more room on the screen. If you recently purchased your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, and are looking for some of the best free iPhone games, we’ve compiled a list of some of the top games for the iPhone 6.
1. Clash of Clans
Clash of Clans is one of my favorite iPhone games (and it’s perhaps one of the best free games for the iPhone). It’s a strategy-based game where you have to create and protect your village from players for across the globe. As a player, you create your village, build defences to protect yourself from raids from other players, build an army and raid other players. You can also join clans consisting of different players, battle other clans and much more. It requires time to build a strong base, and if you ask me, it’s one of the best iPhone games I’ve played in a while.
2. Candy Crush Saga
This game doesn’t require any introduction. It’s one of the most popular puzzle games not just on the iPhone, but on Android as well. Your task as a player is to match similar candies, get boosters by matching four or more candies, and score as many points as you can. There are over 500 levels in the game, and you progress as soon as you reach the goals of different levels. It can get challenging as you move on to higher levels, but beware, it’s extremely addictive.
3. Asphalt 8: Airborne
If you’re a racing guy, I doubt you can find a game as good as Asphalt 8: Airborne. The game offers dozens of top licensed manufacturers and models like the Lamborghini Veneno, Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari FXX, Pagani Zonda R and many more. You can race through exotic locations, perform deadly stunts, and compete with other players from across the globe, or play the career mode which features eight seasons and 180 different events to test your driving skills.
4. Bejeweled Blitz
Bejeweled Blitz is yet another puzzle game, and probably one of the top iPhone games in its genre. The game is a little similar to Candy Crush Saga, but offers a different experience as you have to take out as many gems by matching the similar ones in a minute. The more gems you explode, the higher score get.
5. Hay Day
Hay Day is yet another strategy game from the creators of Clash of Clans, and resembles a lot to Zynga’s FarmVille. But, it offers a different gameplay, and can be very addictive. You, as a farmer, have to make a farm, grow different fruits and vegetables, create buildings to manufacture different products such as dairy items, juices, jewellery and much more. Your task is to complete the truck, as well as shipping orders, and take care of the visitors coming to your farm to purchase items.
6. Heroes of Order & Chaos
Gameloft’s Heroes of Order & Chaos is yet another strategy game, but it’s touted as the best Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) game. The requires players to team up with their friends, or other players, and attack other bases. You have to choose your hero, team up with your friends or play solo in three different maps, and destroy your opponent.
7. Temple Run 2
Temple Run 2 is an endless runner gun where your task, as a runner, is to run as far as possible, and try to stay away from the monsters chasing you. As you progress, you’ll come across several obstacles, and run as far as possible. You have to make sure you turn in the right direction at the right time. Death is inevitable, but you can try to run as much as you can to get a higher score. It’s possibly one of the best iPhone games, if not just a solid, good game for the iPhone.
8. Jetpack Joyride
Jetpack Joyride is yet another runner game, but it’s totally different from Temple Run 2. You, as a player, are in a testing facility and have to go as far as you can, get jetpacks as you move on and several other boosts. You can also get headstarts from the shot, but it’s going to cost you a decent sum of coins, which can also be used to upgrade the vehicles you come across during your run.
Letterpress is an addictive iPhone game which requires users to find words from the board of letters, and make words. You can play against your friends, and the player with the most words ends up as the winner. As you make a word, the tile color changes and the player with the most tiles comes out as a victor.
10. Plants vs Zombies 2
Plants vs Zombies 2 is one of the best action-strategy game available in the app store. You’re invaded by a group of zombies and you’re task is to protect yourself by planting different types of plants which can attack the zombies in one way or another. Beef up your defences and make sure the zombies never enter your house. Otherwise, they’re going to eat up your brain and you’ll lose the game. Addictive and challenging.
Also why not check out:
- “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” iOS Game Release Date Announced (video)
- Addicting Games for iPhone
- Air Guitar Move for iPhone Lets You Play with a Special Motion Sensing Pick
- Angry Birds Board Game Now Available
- Apple’s Streaming iOS Game Service to Launch with Big Fish
- Assassin’s Creed Altair’s Chronicles iPhone Game Now Available In The App Store
- Assassin’s Creed Game For The iPhone Out Next Week
- Atari Issues A Greatest Hits Collection For iOS Devices, Costs $15 For 100 Games
- Battleship iOS Review
- Best iPhone Puzzle Games
- Best iPhone Strategy Games
- Best RPG Games for iPhone
- Clue iPhone Game Review
- Cross Plane Wants To Play Any Game On The Smaller Screen
- DanceDanceRevolution S iPhone: Finger Shoes Not Included
- Duke Nukem 3D Arrives On The iPhone: One Day Launch Price For $2.99 (video)
- Fight Night Champion Punches Its Way To iOS Devices (update)
- Fight Night Champion Review (iPhone)
- Gadget Contest: MagnetRox iPhone Game Pass Code Giveaway
- Hasbro zAPPed Games: iOS Board Games
- iControlPad iPhone Gaming Mod Looks Awesome
- iPad Dartboard Game Requires iPhone For Darts
- iPhone 4 Steering Wheel With Speakers Drives Racing Games To A New Level
- iPhone App Review: Touch Hockey
- Iron Man Video Game Hits The Apple App Store
- Jetpack Joyride Review
- MagnetRox iPhone Game Redemption Codes
- Mattel Gets Greedy With Angry Birds Real Life Game
- Myst Now Available in App Store
- Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit iPhone Review
- Pinball Magic iPhone Game Includes A Pinball Case With Working Hardware
- Puzzle Agent 2 Review
- Star Wars iPhone Game Effectively Uses Augmented Reality To Put You In The Action (video)
- Street Fighter 4 For The iPhone Gameplay Revealed Along With It Price And Launch Date (video)
- Stride Gum Just Launched Gumulon, an iOS Game That is Controlled By Chewing
- The Walking Dead iOS Game Arrives this Thursday, Costs $5 (product release)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Now Available For iOS Devices
- Win A Free Copy Of “Dead Space” For the iPhone From GadgetReview (update)
- Yeti Sports: Pingu Throw Review
- You Don’t Know Jack iOS Review