How to Deposit Checks Using Bank of America’s iOS App (how to)
Going to the bank to deposit your checks can sometimes feel like a trip to the dentist; you just don’t wanna go. Good news…if you’re a Bank of America customer.
This week BofA updated their iOS app to allow checks to be deposited without ever leaving the comfort of your couch. They’re most certainly not the first bank to offer this feature, and like their competitors you’ll be capped at a total of $5,000 per month.
To deposit a check by app, you simply need to:
- Update your Bank of America iOS App on your iPhone
- Click “Deposit” at the top right corner of the screen
- Click “get started”
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Tap “Front of Check”. The camera will then activate and you’ll need to capture a clear image of the check.
- Tap “Back of Check”. As with the Front, you’ll want to capture a clear image of the back of the check
- Select the account to “deposit to”
- Enter the amount
- Click continue
- Confirm that the info is correct on the following page
- And click “continue”
That’s it. You’re check has now been deposited . If you have a business account, or you’re a platinum customer you can have the monthly limited increased, though that will require a phone call, or ironically a trip to the bank.