Look what we found while searching for the best inkjet printer.
We live in an increasingly paperless world, not least because using printers is a nightmare for a multitude of reasons. Especially if you only use it every six months or so, and discover that printer ink, which somehow costs more than actual human blood, has dried out. The EcoTank will at least ensure you can refill easily and simply.
Essentially, it turns the printer business model upside down: The printers cost more, but the ink is dirt-cheap. Well, relatively cheap. Cheaper than human blood, at least. It comes in bottles and you simply fill up the tanks, with $13 per bottle or $52 for the full set. The tanks keep the ink from drying out, and it also ensures you won’t run out of ink and have to buy a set of cartridges.
The “eco” part isn’t just keep those cartridges out of landfills, though. They also cut down on waste and packaging, and, of course, misprints. Essentially, it’s printing without wasting ink.
It’s nice that Epson is actually addressing one of the key complaints about printers. The main question is whether or not consumers will go for the costs associated with it: The cheapest of these will be $380, and many customers are conditioned to paying nothing for printers. But at least Epson has the environment’s back.
Also why not check out:
- Best Inkjet Printer
- Best Label Printer
- Best Printer for Chromebook
- Easy iPad Printing Is Here Thanks To HP’s Photosmart e-All-in-One D110a
- Gadgets At A Glance: HP Handheld Sp400 All-in-One Scanner And Printer
- Handheld printer prints on fabrics, woods and more
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer Review
- HP Photosmart Premium Printer with TouchSmart Web Provides Access To The Web Sans Computer
- Laser Printer vs Inkjet – Which is the Best?
- Lexmark Set To Introduce 8 New Touchscreen All-In-One Printers
- Polaroid’s Zip Instant Printer Is Just Like the Old Polaroids
- PRYNT Printer Turns Your Smartphone Into An Instant Camera
- Prynt Prints Augmented Reality Photos Right from Your Phone
- Sony Files Patent For Touchscreen Printer With Microsoft Surface Tech