If you’re looking for the best gaming monitor, there are plenty of options out there. However, most gaming monitors with a lot of features cost more money than the HP Omen 25. While the HP Omen 25 isn’t the most feature-rich monitor for the price, what it does offer is incredibly convenient, including excellent MS response time, HDMI and DisplayPort.
Most monitors have narrower viewing angles than TVs, so that’s to be expected, and if you’re a hardcore gamer, it won’t bother you. The great thing about the HP Omen 25 monitor is that there’s no blur or ghosting, which helps you focus more on your precise movements and targets and enjoy the high-voltage capabilities.
The HP Omen 25 allows you to adjust settings like response time so you can enjoy one millisecond of Hz response time speed. Adjust the response time to suit your needs anywhere from the default of 7 milliseconds to as little as 1. Somewhere in between is generally recommended for best results.
The monitor has a 144Hz display but lacks any special gaming features like crosshairs you can customize. However, it does have AMD FreeSync that enables you to sync your monitor’s refresh rate to the frame rate of your AMD graphics card.
The resulting variable refresh rate eliminates screen stuttering and tearing. With 42 frames per second over DisplayPort and HDMI, your gaming experience is nearly flawless.
The HP Omen 25 is sleek and robust. The buttons front and center make adjusting the settings easy. The matte black frame and the stand is offset rather than perfectly square with the monitor.
One drawback to the design of the HP Omen 25 is that you can only adjust the tilt. There are no rotation or height adjustments. The monitor is 24.5 inches and features DisplayPort cable, two USB ports, two HDMI ports, and a headphone jack.
Brightness adjustable to 400 nits, 1080p resolution, 144Hz, 160-degree viewing angle, and 8-bit color support gives you the picture quality you need for a great viewing experience. While the color isn’t as good as some higher-priced monitors, it provides plenty of contrast at an angle.
The HP Omen 25 is less than $300, which isn’t a terrible value, but for the same price, you can get a couple of other monitors with the same features plus built-in speakers. Some even have extra USB ports, customizable crosshairs, and full adjustability.
However, keep in mind that for the price you’re getting a quality monitor from a trusted manufacturer who has a reputation for building products you can count on to last for a long time. Most of the value is found in the adjustable refresh rate and the brand name.
While the HP Omen isn’t the best gaming monitor for the price, it provides a great gaming experience with some awesome features that you will enjoy. The adjustable refresh rate is a fun feature to play with while the color contrast, viewing angles, and connectivity options give you just what you need for plenty of different gaming situations.
Also why not check out:
- 10 Best Monitors for Xbox One X
- 10 of the Top Rated Computer Monitors
- 8 Of The Best Computer Monitors For Gaming Over 24-Inches
- A GTX 1070 Gaming PC under $850 and the cheapest BenQ Zowie Monitor in Deals
- Acer Nitro XF2 Series Gaming Monitors Are Fast
- Acer Predator X34 Review – Ultra-Wide Monitor
- Acer Predator XB1 Gaming Monitor Review
- BenQ EL2870U 4K Gaming Monitor Review
- BenQ PD3200U 4K Gaming Monitor Review
- BenQ XL2730Z Gaming Monitor Review
- Best External Monitor
- Best Gaming Monitor For PS4 in 2020 (April Reviews)
- Best Gaming Monitors Under $200
- Dell 1440p G-Sync gaming monitor best price by $70
- G-Sync vs. FreeSync: Which Display Tech Reigns Supreme?
- Gaming Monitor vs TV: Which is Best?
- HP Pavilion 27xi 27-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor Review
- LG 27EA83-D 27 Inch ColorPrime IPS LED WQHD Monitor Review
- LG 27UK650-W 27 Inch 4K Gaming Monitor Review
- LG 34UC89G-B UltraWide Gaming Monitor Review
- LG 38UC99 Ultrawide Gaming Monitor Review
- LG 60-inch 4K 240Hz TV gets a 60% discount this week in Deals
- Philips BDM4350UC: A Massive 43-inch 4K Monitor for the True Gamer
- This 160-inch Video Game Display is Every Racing Sim Players Dream (video)
- ViewSonic XG2700-4K Gaming Monitor Review
- What is G-SYNC?