This is Sony’s newest Airplay compatible speaker, the SA-NS500 Wireless HomeShare Speaker. According to The Verge it kicks out a fair bit of bass and out performs Jawbone’s Jambox by leaps and bounds. However, it does weigh almost 10lbs, where as the Jambox is a mere 12oz, so it’s sort of like comparing a heavy weight boxer’s punch against a featherweight’s.
Inside the almost alien looking device are four drivers, a subwoofer, and a built-in 5-6 hour battery. It produce 360 degrees of sound, so it’s ideal for a party, or at the very least a part on the go, provided you place it in the center of the room. We’re not sure if that battery spec is based on wireless speaker streaming, but since that’s the mainstay of this product, we can only assume it’s within reason to that number.
Sony has plans, or has already built a set of Android and iPhone compatible apps. The latter device will of course stream over Airplay and Android should run over DLNA, or in the case of Sony HomeShare. Question remains is Sony SA-NS500 Wireless HomeShare Speaker is going to be the best wireless speaker or not.
The Sony SA-NS500 Wireless HomeShare Speaker will be available this October for $399.
Also why not check out:
- 7 of the Best Wireless Speaker Solutions for $40+ (list)
- Aether Cone Review: The Learning Speaker That You Speak To
- Altec Lansing InAir 5000 Speaker Review
- Amazon Echo Review…1.5 Years Later
- Bag of Rhythm Review
- Best Wireless Speakers for 2020
- Bower and Wilkins A7 and A5 Airplay Speakers are Wirelessly Opulent
- BUOY wireless floating speakers
- Grace Digital Mini-Bullets II 900 MHz Wireless Speaker System Review
- Korus V600 Wireless Speaker System Review
- Luna Wireless Speakers: Party Modes and Telescoping
- Oppo Sonica: The Ideal Wireless/Bluetooth Hybrid Speaker?
- Panasonic SC-NP10 Wireless Speaker Review
- Sonos Play 5 Review (2015)
- Sonos Play:1 Review
- Sonos Play:3 Review
- TEGO Audio CERA Wireless Portable Speaker Review
- Wren V5PF Wireless Audio System Review