The best cell phone insurance should have an easy process for claims, including a short claim approval time. If you’re wondering how to file a Verizon phone insurance claim, you’re in the right place. We’re here to show you how to make these claims and why insurance is so beneficial to have in the first place.
- Verizon phone insurance gives you peace of mind no matter what happens. They might even be able to replace totally broken phones.
- Making a claim through Verizon is relatively easy. All you have to do is go online to their website and follow their instructions.
- There are many benefits to having insurance on your phone, and you can expand these benefits if you go for an extended warranty.
How to Make a Verizon Insurance Claim
We all know how important our smartphones have become. A quick fix is paramount if you need a replacement device due to liquid damage. Fortunately, it’s a straightforward process, just like through Xfinity mobile protection plans.
Verizon offers a comprehensive coverage called Verizon Mobile Protect (VMP). VMP consists of three separate coverages that can be purchased separately if desired, though there are some limits to eligibility:
Must be within 30 days of one of one of the following events:
- Purchased or upgraded a device to a new or existing line.
- Bring your own device that meets the following criteria:
- The device must be fully functioning and without damage or malfunctions.
- Isn’t lost or stolen
- Is activated on a new line (not an existing line)
Verizon Mobile Protect (VMP) consists of:
- Wireless Phone Protection – This covers loss, theft, and accidental damage (including liquid damage and cracked screens).
- Verizon Extended Warranty – Provides unlimited out-of-warranty repairs on select phones.
- Mobile Secure – 24/7 tech support along with data recovery, digital security, and privacy tools. Also, tools for device optimization and performance checks.
Where to Make a Phone Insurance Claim
Depending on your insurance program, you might be able to call in to make a claim. However, most will allow you to do so online. Sometimes, you can even go into a store based on technician availability at select locations.
However, the best way to do it is to just go onto the website. This will give you the best results and get your phone back into working order quickly.
Insurance Coverage Benefits
There are a ton of benefits to having wireless phone protection coverage through your wireless provider:
- You can get a replacement device as soon as the same day
- You don’t have to worry about liquid damage ruining your phone
- You can rest assured that you can repair physical damage
Unsure if you have coverage for repair or replacement of your broken phone? If you have Samsung insurance, just call up and ask. If you’re on a different network, you can also call to see if you have insurance on your phone at AT&T.