You may not have heard of a Waze lately, but it’s a GPS application that started out as an Android only app, but quickly expanded to iPhones, WinMo and Symbian, and all for free besides.
Well, recently, Waze changed just a bit by turning itself into a kind of mobile game. Called “Road Goodies”, it essentially operates like a giant game of Pac-Man for your GPS. You control your character on a field that looks a lot like a map of your immediate area, and you move your character outward, gobbling up icons for points.
Not only is this app actually a good shot of Pac-Man-esque fun, it’s also a good deed. See, those icons that you’re gobbling up for points represent a map problem spot, and when you play the game and much the icons, you’re helping Waze improve its mapping.
Better, there’s word that Waze will be holding a “Holiday High Points Challenge” to recognize high scorers, and future versions of the game will not only change icons on a seasonal basis but also offer “surprise filled treasure chests”.
Game and improve a GPS app? Sounds like a plan to me!
Also why not check out:
- 10 of the Best Free iPhone 6 Apps
- 10 of the Best iPhone 6 Jailbreak Apps for Massive Improvements
- 10 of the Best Messenger Apps for International Travel (list)
- 10 of the Best Navigation Apps for the iPhone: Navigate to the End of the Earth
- 10 of the Best Photo Editing Apps for the iPhone
- 22 of the Best iOS 7 Features You Don’t Want to Miss (list)
- 30 of the Best iOS 5 Features (list)
- 6 Of The Best Twitter Apps for iPhone
- 7 Free iOS Apps to Ignite Your Love Life
- Awareness iPhone App Adds Noise Cancellation To Any Headphones (video)
- Casio’s 2 Inch LCD Screen Sports High Resolution
- Hacked: iPhone Netflix Application
- How To Use iOS 6 “Do Not Disturb” and “Reject a Call with a Message” Features (how to)
- Kids Be Gone iPhone App Deters Teens With High Pitch Noise
- RefurbMe Let’s You Compare The Lowest Prices On Apple Products
- Why Are You So Skanky? 15 Year Old Girl Posts Nude Pic On iPhone App “Beauty Maker”