Let’s face it, if you’re buying a smartwatch, you are either really into the next big thing when it comes to technology, or it’s a practical purchase to let you stay on top of your phone without having to bust it out all the time. The Klatz wants to make it a little less dorky to take a call with something on your wrist, by allowing you to take it off your wrist.
As a smartwatch, the Klatz is pretty straightforward. It’s got a dot-matrix-esque screen that lets you know the time, alerts you to incoming texts and calls, and generally does what one expects a screen around one’s wrist to do. The interesting part is when you get a call and flip it open; it turns into, essentially a full Bluetooth headset, so you can take the call without looking like quite as much of a dork, or sharing your conversation with the public.
Yeah, it’s still a bit silly, but it’s more polite. That’s fairly important, in this era of the smartphone being a Personal Obnoxiousness Projector. True, it won’t make smartwatches any cooler, but it actually makes them useful… which is really saying something.
Also why not check out:
- $10 Smart Watch? Fastfox Smart Sports Wristband Review
- 7 Things To Know About The Kairos Smartwatch Hybrid (list/video)
- 8 Things To Know About The Moment Smartwatch (list/video)
- Android Wear Adds Smart Watch Music and More
- Best Smartwatch for Kids
- Best Smartwatch for Women 2020
- Dart: Autofill and Customize Emails on the iWatch
- EMBRACE+ Smart Notification Bracelet for iPhone and Android
- Everything You Need to Know About The Apple Watch (list)
- Looxcie LX 2 Wearable Video Cam Review
- Montblanc’s eStrap Turns A Luxury Watch Into A Smartwatch
- Rumored Apple iWatch Could Feature UV Sensor
- Samsung Gear 2 Review
- Secret USB Flash Drive Watch
- Stay In Touch With A Loved One With The TapTap Wristband
- Telson TWC 1150 Camera / Phone / Watch
- The Geak Watch 2: A Smart Watch Fit for Bond