Turn your watch into the best smartwatch.
One of the big problems with smartwatches, at least if you’re a watch enthusiast, is that, well, the functions are limited to the watch. If you want to put on a fancier or, being honest, less ugly watch, you lose all the benefits of having a second screen on your wrist. Montblanc, though, has figured out a way to have an elegant timepiece on your wrist without losing the functions of smartwatches.
Namely, they engineered a smart strap for your watch. It goes on just like any other strap, and in fact you’d be hard pressed to tell the difference between it and any other strap for a luxury watch. The trick is at the clasp, which has been replaced by a small screen. That screen, which runs on a proprietary system that’s thankfully compatible with iOS and Android, does everything you’d expect a smartwatch to do. It tracks fitness, shows you emails and alerts, and generally lets you be a little more efficient with your time. But there are a few drawbacks.
First of all, it’s only compatible with one of Montblanc’s watches, the Timewalker Urban Speed. Secondly, the band alone will run you a cool $300, but then again, the Urban Speed will cost you $3,600 just at a minimum, so an extra $300 probably isn’t a huge hardship.
Realistically, if smartwatches are going to catch on with the broader public, this is probably the way it’s going to happen. Let’s face it, the other option is to wear whatever the tech industry decides is stylish… and that’s probably not a good thing.
Also why not check out:
- $10 Smart Watch? Fastfox Smart Sports Wristband Review
- 16 of the Latest Smartwatches That Are Worthy of Your Wrist (list)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About LG’s New G Watch (list)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About the Gorgeous Moto 360 (list)
- 6 Caveats You’ll Want to Consider Before Buying The Samsung Galaxy Gear “Smartwatch” (List)
- 6 Things We Supposedly Know About Microsoft’s Smartwatch (List)
- 8 Things To Know About The Moment Smartwatch (list/video)
- Android Wear Adds Smart Watch Music and More
- Apple Watch Increases Product Capacity: Due in January
- Apple Watch Now Works with August Smart Lock
- Best Buy Posts Product Listing For Moto 360 Smartwatch Ahead of Official Debut
- Best Smartwatch for Kids
- Best Smartwatch for Women 2020
- BLOCKS Smartwatch Totally Customizable To Your Needs, Features Detachable Modules (video)
- Chronos Wearable Converts Any Watch into a Smart Watch
- ConnecteDevice Adds Style And Fun To Its Cogito Smartwatch, Releases Classic and Pop Versions
- Dart: Autofill and Customize Emails on the iWatch
- Everything You Need to Know About The Apple Watch (list)
- Glance Turns Your Ordinary Watch Into A Smartwatch
- LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live Available At The Google Play Store
- LG Officially Unveils the Beautiful LG G Watch R With A Circular Design
- Live Smart With Sony’s New SmartBand SWR10, Life Logging Wristband Tracks Your Life
- Martian G2G Blue Watch Review
- Martian Notifier Review: Never Miss Another Text or Call
- Massive Android Wear Update Incoming
- MOTA Smart Watch G2 Puts Your Phone On Your Wrist
- NuDock Lets You Charge Your Apple Watch With Style
- Pebble Time Finally Gets Round
- Pebble Time Preorders Open, Smartwatch Ships in July