Turn your watch into the best smartwatch.
One of the big problems with smartwatches, at least if you’re a watch enthusiast, is that, well, the functions are limited to the watch. If you want to put on a fancier or, being honest, less ugly watch, you lose all the benefits of having a second screen on your wrist. Montblanc, though, has figured out a way to have an elegant timepiece on your wrist without losing the functions of smartwatches.
Namely, they engineered a smart strap for your watch. It goes on just like any other strap, and in fact you’d be hard pressed to tell the difference between it and any other strap for a luxury watch. The trick is at the clasp, which has been replaced by a small screen. That screen, which runs on a proprietary system that’s thankfully compatible with iOS and Android, does everything you’d expect a smartwatch to do. It tracks fitness, shows you emails and alerts, and generally lets you be a little more efficient with your time. But there are a few drawbacks.
First of all, it’s only compatible with one of Montblanc’s watches, the Timewalker Urban Speed. Secondly, the band alone will run you a cool $300, but then again, the Urban Speed will cost you $3,600 just at a minimum, so an extra $300 probably isn’t a huge hardship.
Realistically, if smartwatches are going to catch on with the broader public, this is probably the way it’s going to happen. Let’s face it, the other option is to wear whatever the tech industry decides is stylish… and that’s probably not a good thing.
Also why not check out:
- $10 Smart Watch? Fastfox Smart Sports Wristband Review
- 7 Things To Know About The Kairos Smartwatch Hybrid (list/video)
- 8 Things To Know About The Moment Smartwatch (list/video)
- Android Wear Adds Smart Watch Music and More
- Best Smartwatch for Kids
- Best Smartwatch for Women 2020
- Dart: Autofill and Customize Emails on the iWatch
- EMBRACE+ Smart Notification Bracelet for iPhone and Android
- Everything You Need to Know About The Apple Watch (list)
- Looxcie LX 2 Wearable Video Cam Review
- Rumored Apple iWatch Could Feature UV Sensor
- Samsung Gear 2 Review
- Secret USB Flash Drive Watch
- Stay In Touch With A Loved One With The TapTap Wristband
- Telson TWC 1150 Camera / Phone / Watch
- The Geak Watch 2: A Smart Watch Fit for Bond
- The Klatz Is A Smartwatch And An iPhone Headset In One