Evutec? Heard of ’em? Neither had I until their PR person reached out. They make iPhone and Samsung Smartphone cases. I agreed with reluctance to a hands on. But only because iPhone cases are a dime a dozen. Hence probably why you and I have never heard of them.
I was sent their Karbon S Series and Wood S Series. If you’d rather have a case that automatically charges your phone, you should also read our guide to the Sleek iPhone incase hardshell (with quickcharge bottom).
The Wood S Series comes in two different finishes: a natural or bamboo like finish, and a dark wood finish. From the outside it appears and feels like real wood. But hidden beneath its facade is a layer of Kevlar Fibers, yes, the same stuff used in bulletproof vests. This makes the Wood S cases exceptionally durable and thin; just .9mm thick.
The Karbon S Series also comes in two carbon fiber like finishes (black and red) and also uses the same Kevlar Fibers from Dupont. Evutec says that this case is 5 times stronger than steel of the “same weight” and it won’t block your iPhone’s reception. It measures a scant .7mm thin.
So suffice to say neither case will add bulk or weight, at least that you’ll notice. In terms of “performance”, I preferred the Karbon S since over the Wood S, as the latter case had a tendency to wear quickly on the corners as you can see in the pics. Moreover, the Wood S didn’t feel as strong or as durable. And while I didn’t break the Wood S case, every time I removed it I felt like it was going to snap in half.
Needless to say, I didn’t perform a drop test. And although I’m sure both of these cases would provide some protection, neither have the insulation or housing to muster a significant blow to the ground. No, they’re largely intended to prevent the back and bevel of the iPhone from incurring scratches, though that isn’t to say it couldn’t prevent a cracked screen in the event of a drop.
So there it is: Evutec‘s Wood S and Karbon S cases. They’re each $39.95 and available now.
Also why not check out:
- 10 of the Best Cheap iPhone 6 Cases
- 10 of the Best Waterproof iPhone 5 Cases (list)
- 11 High-end Luxury iPhone 5 Cases (list)
- 12 of the Toughest iPhone 5 Cases (list)
- 15 of the Best iPhone 5 Cases…So Far (list)
- 17 of the Best iPhone 5s Cases of 2014…So Far (list)
- 7 Best iPhone 11 Cases in 2020
- 8 of the Best iPhone 6 Plus Cases
- BioLogic iPhone 4 Bike Mounted Case Review
- Catalyst Lifestyle Catalyst Case for iPhone 5/5S Review
- DRYCase iPhone Waterproof Case Review
- iPhone 5 Ballistic HYDRA Series Waterproof Case Review
- iPhone X Wireless Battery Case Offers Protection And Charge
- Lunecase Icon for iPhone Glows with Notification Icons
- MagCase Is The World’s Thinnest Phone Case
- Mophie Juice Pack Air Review For The iPhone 4
- Mujjo iPhone 7 Leather Case Review
- nifti iPhone 6 Selfie Case Perfects the Art of Selfies
- RokForm RokDock Charges Your iPhone 5 While Encased
- Sleek iPhone Incase Hardshell With Quickchange Bottom
- Slyder Gives Your iPhone A Secret Compartment
- Task Lab TaskOne G3 iPhone 5 Case Review
- The Krimston TWO case enables Dual SIM for the iPhone