Looking for the best Bluetooth portable speaker at a reasonable price? Here are 10 great options to choose from (or you can read our Portable Speaker reviews). And guess what? They’re all $100. And that isn’t to say they sacrifice on sound. But if you’re looking for something a bit more premium, louder, and with more bass, check out our Best Bluetooth Speakers Under $300 or 10 of the best portable Bluetooth speakers.
Updated: Jan 2018
- 1 Best Bluetooth Speakers Under $100
- 2 #1 Pick Logitech UE Roll Bluetooth Speaker
- 3 #2 Pick Ivation Acoustix Bluetooth Speaker
- 4 #3 Pick JBL Micro Bluetooth Speaker
- 5 #4 Pick Philips BT2200B/27 Shoqbox Mini Rugged Bluetooth Speaker
- 6 #5 Pick Photive Cyren Bluetooth Speaker
- 7 #6 Pick TDK Life on Record Portable A33 Bluetooth Weatherproof Speaker
- 8 #7 Pick Braven 570 Bluetooth Speaker
- 9 #8 Pick Braven BRV-1 Bluetooth Speaker
- 10 #9 Pick Anker Classic Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- 11 #10 Pick Boom Swimmer Bluetooth Speaker
Best Bluetooth Speakers Under $100
|UE Roll||Ivation Acoustix||JBL Micro||Philips |
|Size||5.3 x 5.3 x 1.6"||2.5 x 2.3 x 7"||2 x 4.1 x 6.5"||4.2 x 2.3 x 2.7mm||6 x 2 x 1.6"|
|View on Amazon||View on Amazon||View on Amazon||View on Amazon||View on Amazon|
#1 Pick Logitech UE Roll Bluetooth Speaker
At $99 it’s hard to beat the Logitech UE Roll. Despite it’s small (11.7oz) and portable size (5.3 x 5.3 x 1.6 inches), the UE Roll – surprisingly – offers room filling sound when placed on its back. Add to that the built-in bungee cord and you can just about place it any where. Seriously; I use it on my bicycle, in my bathroom and any where it can be hung. There is also an included floatation device that allows you to take it into the pool and keep your tunes rolling right in the center of the action – no more “poolside” playback.
Other features include the UE app which allows you to control EQ and set alarms. Plus a 9hr rechargeable battery that will vary slightly with how loud you like to play your music.
You can’t go wrong with the Logitech UE Roll.
Read: Logitech UE Roll Review
#2 Pick Ivation Acoustix Bluetooth Speaker
At $99.99 Ivation Acoustix Bluetooth speaker offers a serious punch with exceptional sound quality, features and portability.
It can double as a speakerphone thanks to a built-in mic, which means you can make and take conference calls with ease. Moreover, it’s IPX7 rated, which means it’s waterproof and great for camping, hiking or hanging by the pool. They’ve also included integrated hanging hook. But that’s hardly a big feature when you consider the integrated display to indicate how much juice is left in its 9 hour battery or when you want to see what track is playing. Turning to the back you’ll find a charging port and aux input just in case a friend lacks Bluetooth (or you want to save on your phone’s battery life).
#3 Pick JBL Micro Bluetooth Speaker
This micro speaker is one of the best portable Bluetooth speakers for casual, on-the-go listening. For such a tiny device, it has several great features, including a built-in bass port, a smart cable that helps prevent tangling, and a cool chaining feature that allows you to chain multiple speakers together with each other to build a web of speaker devices. The rechargeable battery for this device lasts around 5 hours, and it comes with a little built-in loop to hook it onto all sorts of objects.
#4 Pick Philips BT2200B/27 Shoqbox Mini Rugged Bluetooth Speaker
It’s 100% waterproof and built to last, hence the name. And that doesn’t mean they’ve compromised on sound quality.
There is a built-in mic for hands free calls, an “anti-clipping” system to reduce audio distortion at high volumes, and it will float on the water’s surface without any other devices. Expect 5 hours of playback on a single charge from its 1.6″ driver that is power by 2.8 watts of power – not bad for such a small speaker (just 4.8oz and 4.2 x 2.3 x 2.7 mm).
Read: Philip Shoqbox Review
#5 Pick Photive Cyren Bluetooth Speaker
The Photive Cyren has exceptionally solid basics and very versatile capabilities. Within 33 feet you can stream every from music and movie sound to phone and conference calls. The battery charge lasts up to 10 hours, and the two 40mm sound drivers offer high quality sound for such a size-efficient model. The speaker also comes with an audio line in if you don’t have Bluetooth. Pick this option for the workplace or general home activities.
#6 Pick TDK Life on Record Portable A33 Bluetooth Weatherproof Speaker
This speaker has been out for a while, which is actually a great advantage. The MSRP started out at $250, but now the current prices for this speaker have dropped well below $100, giving you the best portable Bluetooth speaker sound quality in this price range. The Life on Record brand is known for its high fidelity, so if music quality is important to you no matter where you are, pick out this speaker. There are also weatherized features that make the A33 ideal for outdoor play.
#7 Pick Braven 570 Bluetooth Speaker
This Braven model is a great apartment, dorm, or house speaker where you want to crank up tunes in very specific places. It has great connectivity, allowing you to use it for music, movies, games and other streaming sounds, and can last for up to 10 hours on a battery charge (you can also use it to charge your phone). What makes this speaker particularly unique is the ability to add additional, separate Bluetooth speakers of various sizes and eventually turn it into a surround sound system if you desire.
#8 Pick Braven BRV-1 Bluetooth Speaker
Yes, Braven shows up twice on this list, but this is a very different speaker for a very different crowd. Use the BRV-1 for all your outdoor ventures where you still want to enjoy some sound. This speaker looks read for just about anything, and thanks to its multiple resistances, it fulfills expectations: Take to the beach, the mountain, the snow slopes, the rapids…pretty much anywhere you want. It’s an ideal speaker for outdoor and nature fans.
#9 Pick Anker Classic Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
It’s small, it’s powerful and it has a 4.5 star rating on Amazon with over 4,800 reviews! So the question is “how do you go wrong with this speaker?”.
Feature wise you’re looking at a massive 20 hour battery life, a 4 watt 2-inch driver with a bass port, travel pouch and 3.5mm input for aux scenarios.
#10 Pick Boom Swimmer Bluetooth Speaker
The Boom Swimmer is a waterproof Bluetooth speaker designed especially for your shower (as long as you don’t take showers longer than an hour and a half). Its rechargeable battery can last up to 8 hours, and thanks to its little swimmer tail, you can place the speaker in a variety of locations around the tub. You can’t take many Bluetooth speakers into the shower with you, but this is one made for the job.
Also why not check out:
- 10 of the Best Bluetooth Speakers for Big Sound Under $300
- Beat Booster is a Next-Gen Boombox
- BenQ treVolo S Portable Electrostatic Bluetooth Speaker
- Best Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- Best Outdoor Bluetooth Speakers
- Braven Introduces A Trio Of New Wireless Bluetooth Speakers
- Braven Ready Elite Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker Review
- Bullfrog Bluetooth Speaker Keeps The Music Going Outdoors
- Cowin Ark: Two Portable Speakers in One
- Eton Shows Green Heart With Rugged Rukus Solar Powered Audio System
- Fluance Fi70 Bluetooth Speaker Is Anything but Portable
- Fugoo Sport Bluetooth Speaker Review
- HMLink Bluepot 10,000mAh Power Bank with Built-In 6W Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Charge Bluetooth Speaker Charges Your iPhone and Plays Audio
- Marshall’s Kilburn Bluetooth Speaker Delivers 20 Hours Of Power
- New LG Bluetooth Speakers Sport Serious Sound Upgrades
- Scosche Boombottle Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Evicts Your Bike’s Water Bottle
- Solo 500X-EQ Bluetooth Speakers: Stylishly Built For the Home
- Sony Unveils Adorable Round Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundcast VG1 is an Affordable Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker – With a Great Battery
- The Floating Mars Bluetooth Speaker Levitates Your Music
- The Sugr Cube Is A Portable Speaker That’s Controlled Through Pushing It Around
- UE Roll Bluetooth Speaker Review
- Zulu Alpha Wearable Bluetooth Speakers Give Your Ears A Break