When we go camping, which we assure you is far and few between, we’re seeking a departure from technology and all the things that distract us from what’s important in life. What that is has yet to be determined. However, we’d never leave our iPhone at home for fear of getting lost or not being able to call in an emergency air lift.
That’s why every Bear Grills and those alike need the Pan Charger. A small element in the base of the pan converts the heat into energy, called thermoelectric energy. That energy is transferred to the handle and an attached USB plug that subsequently connects to your smartphone. In our case, and in most, that will be either an Android or iPhone, so output is maxed to 5V. If it is actually real – yes, we’re a bit skeptical – than it’s a brilliant idea since inevitably a fire will be lit and water or something will be need to be cooked whilst in the wilderness. We’re not sure how long it would take to charge an iPhone to maximum capacity, but it’s safe to assume this device should be used in a pinch, though a solar charger or backup battery might be a tad more practical.
Also why not check out:
- 7 Wireless Charging Options for your SmartPhone (list)
- Best Portable Phone Charger
- Best Wireless Charger
- Continuance AA Battery Concept Adds USB
- Cords Of Steel Right Angle Charger
- Fuelbox Wants To Be The Be-All And End-All Of Phone Chargers
- Native Union Belt Cable Review
- PhoneSoap Charger Review
- PoweriSite Turns Your DeWalt Battery Into An iPhone Charger
- ReZap Battery Charger Brings New Life To Disposables Batteries
- Super-Cool Ossia Cota Beams Battery Power Through the Air
- VOLTA XL Is A Super Tough Charging Cable
- Zus Car Charger and Locator Available for $30