When it comes to VoIP for small business, you’re faced with a million choices. You don’t have unlimited time to spend researching who are the best business VoIP providers for your company, and you certainly don’t have unlimited resources to keep switching anytime you need to.
That’s where GadgetReview comes in. We’ve spent the time and effort to research all of the major VoIP systems for small business phones so you don’t have to. And from the hours of testing we’ve done, we’ve come to one single conclusion: RingCentral is the best cloud hosted VoIP system for small businesses. It offers a solid unified communications system that you can use to make your call center stand out from the rest.
Before we dive into the things that make RingCentral stand out from their competitors, it’s important to understand the reasons why you should switch to VoIP.
Why You Should Switch to VoIP
If you aren’t on a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone system yet, you might be hesitating to make the switch. What are the benefits of these services and why should you even care? Your landline system works just fine, so why would you even consider something new? Learn more about Landline vs. VoIP.
Consumers said the same thing when smartphones starting coming out! A smartphone is infinitely better than a landline because it can do more, and VoIP systems are the same. Just like consumers started to need more out of their mobile devices, businesses need more functionality out of their phone systems to keep up with the rapidly-changing world.
Let’s take a look at some of the top system features a VoIP phone system can provide you:
- Auto attendant: Rather than hire an actual receptionist, VoIP phones allow you to create a digital voice menu system that a caller can navigate to get transferred to the right contact within your company. This acts as an automated attendant that you don’t have to babysit.
- Call configuration settings: VoIP business systems give you almost unlimited call configuration settings. You can use conference calling, call forward, call waiting, call transferring, call screening, call monitoring and much more.
- Mobile management: Can you imagine managing your phone system and queue from your mobile devices? VoIP systems allow you to do just that.
- System administration on the web: You can also manage your phone system through a web interface. This makes your overall management much easier and intuitive.
- Video conferencing: Traditionally, your phone and video conferencing systems were completely separate. With VoIP, you get it all in the same package.
- Find Me/Follow Me: Find Me and Follow Me are two separate functions that are often used together. They allow your team to receive phone calls at any location and at multiple phone numbers.
Why RingCentral Takes the Cake
RingCentral offers all of the features we’ve listed above. In fact, those are basic VoIP functionalities. So, what kind of benefits does RingCentral offer over other cloud phone systems? Let’s take a look at some the advanced features and other benefits RingCentral provides.
No Hardware Necessary
RingCentral is a completely cloud-hosted PBX (private branch exchange). This means no specialized wiring or hardware to get things up and running in your office. The company also takes care of all the maintenance and upgrades for your system. You won’t have to hire a new IT team or train your existing one a brand new system.
Not having to purchase special hardware also gives you decreased installation costs. While you may have to purchase new phones, depending on what you already have on hand, you won’t have to perform extensive renovations in your office just to enable VoIP capabilities. All you need is solid internet connections for each of your users, which you probably already have.
Top RingCentral Features
Besides the features we’ve listed above, RingCentral offers a variety of advanced calling features that most small businesses would find useful. This includes features and tools like:
- Caller IDs
- Call record
- Hold music
- High call quality
- Reliable and useful video meetings
- Visual voicemail and voicemail transcription
- Multilevel interactive voice response (IVR)
- Comprehensive call reporting and analysis
- CRM integration
Easy to Use
Using a new cloud-based phone system can be intimidating for your teams, but you won’t have to worry about that with RingCentral. The overall system is incredibly easy to use for management, admin and sales teams. With an easy interface and tons of helpful call management features, RingCentral is one of the easiest VoIP systems to use on the market today.
- Why is RingCentral the Best VoIP System for My Small Business
- How VoIP Can Benefit Small Business Owners
- Jive Review: Robust Reporting and High Call Quality
- RingCentral Review: Budget Friendly and Feature Heavy
- RingCentral vs Vonage: RingCentral is Better for Business
- Landline vs VoIP: Which Works Better for Your Business and Why
- Facebook VoIP Now Available to Android Users