Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 for iOS devices is now live in the app store. EA says that it has been specifically designed to take advantage of the iPad’s larger screen and the iPhone’s retina display.
But that’s not all it has to offer. You can challenge friends to a round of golf over Bluetooth or a local WiFi connection. There are a variety of play modes and new golfers including Anthony Kim, Camilo Villegas, Paul Casey, Jim Furyk, Zach Johnson and Paula Creamer.
EA has launched a Facebook competition, the “Closest to the Pin”, that pits you against other players twice a week. The goal, as you’ve probably surmised, is to see who can get closest to the pin – it’s a points based game with no cash prize. There is also a new “Tiger Challenge” mode, which includes over 20 mini-game challenges to earn money that can be used to participate in the PGA TOUR events or upgrade a custom golfer’s attributes.
For those of you tightening the good old purse strings, you’ll be glad to hear that there is a free version of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12, though it will be seriously limited in terms of game play.
You can buy Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 on the iPhone or iPad for $9.99.
Today, EA SPORTS Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 went live in the App Store for iPad and iPhone! With breathtaking graphics, new exciting game modes, new golfers and courses – Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 is no doubt the definitive golf experience on the App Store.
All the courses and golfers have been dramatically enhanced to take full advantage of the larger iPad screen, and the iPhone/iPod touch retina display. Players can challenge friends to a round of golf over Bluetooth or local wifi. With skins, match play and other modes, along with new golfers such as Anthony Kim, Camilo Villegas, Paul Casey, Jim Furyk, Zach Johnson and Paula Creamer, playing golf anytime, no matter where you are on your iOS device is an enhanced experience. New courses include the fan-favorite Predator fantasy course and the Old White Course at Greenbrier, home of the Greenbrier Classic.
Twice a week, a new Par-3 hole will be chosen for the “Closest to the Pin” Facebook Challenge. Players can tee off and see how close they can get to the pin and where they rank amongst their Facebook friends on the leaderboards. A new “Tiger Challenge” mode includes of over 20 mini-game challenges to earn money that can be used to participate in the PGA TOUR events or upgrade a custom golfer’s attributes.
A free version of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR will be available for the iPhone and iPod touch. This version provides full functionality for the “Closest to the Pin” Facebook Challenge, and also let gives players three holes on the famous TPC Sawgrass course.
More information about Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 can be found at www.eamobile.com. Press assets can be found on http://info.ea.com.
Also why not check out:
- “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” iOS Game Release Date Announced (video)
- 10 Of The Best Free iPhone 6 Games
- Addicting Games for iPhone
- Air Guitar Move for iPhone Lets You Play with a Special Motion Sensing Pick
- Angry Birds Board Game Now Available
- Apple’s Streaming iOS Game Service to Launch with Big Fish
- Assassin’s Creed Altair’s Chronicles iPhone Game Now Available In The App Store
- Assassin’s Creed Game For The iPhone Out Next Week
- Atari Issues A Greatest Hits Collection For iOS Devices, Costs $15 For 100 Games
- Battleship iOS Review
- Best iPhone Puzzle Games
- Best iPhone Strategy Games
- Best RPG Games for iPhone
- Clue iPhone Game Review
- Cross Plane Wants To Play Any Game On The Smaller Screen
- DanceDanceRevolution S iPhone: Finger Shoes Not Included
- Duke Nukem 3D Arrives On The iPhone: One Day Launch Price For $2.99 (video)
- Fight Night Champion Punches Its Way To iOS Devices (update)
- Fight Night Champion Review (iPhone)
- Gadget Contest: MagnetRox iPhone Game Pass Code Giveaway
- Hasbro zAPPed Games: iOS Board Games
- iControlPad iPhone Gaming Mod Looks Awesome
- iPad Dartboard Game Requires iPhone For Darts
- iPhone 4 Steering Wheel With Speakers Drives Racing Games To A New Level
- iPhone App Review: Touch Hockey
- Iron Man Video Game Hits The Apple App Store
- Jetpack Joyride Review
- MagnetRox iPhone Game Redemption Codes
- Mattel Gets Greedy With Angry Birds Real Life Game
- Myst Now Available in App Store