We have a lot of smart stuff on our wrists, these days. Smart watches, bracelets that tells us when we have texts, and a whole host of other tools. But what about our ears? Could we use a smart earring? At least one person thinks that we could, and they’re trying to make it happen with the Ear-O-Smart. If you love new tech, you’ll also want to read our HeartMath Inner Balance Sensor review.
We have to admit, this is something of a first; we don’t believe there’s been a smart earring before. The question, though, is what a smart earring actually does. Essentially, the pitch is that it’s an activity tracker that’s slightly less obtrusive than slapping a Fitbit around your wrist. They argue that you wouldn’t wear a Fitbit on a date, which tells us that perhaps they’re not clear on why people wear Fitbits.
But by the same token, it’s a good point; why leave the activity tracking to your wrist? Especially for people who have a lot to do throughout the day or, like yours truly, tend to destroy watches, having an alternative available is useful to say the least.
Ring Around The Ear
Another nice touch is that it’s adaptable; you can attach any number of covers to the device, even earring cases already on the market. That also addresses one of the key fitness monitor problems; they’re not terribly fashionable or attractive, and being able to swap out various covers will also let you wear it more comfortably when you’re working out. So if you need a fitness tracker, but aren’t enthused about your options, the Ear-O-Smart may just be your speed.
Also why not check out:
- Best Body Fat Monitor
- BodyMedia Fit BW Review
- Cheapest Place to Get FitBit is via eBay Powersellers
- Darma Is The World’s First Smart Cushion
- DNA Capsule Review
- Fitbit Flex Review: the $100 Nike Fuelband
- Fitbit Force Review: Their Best Yet
- Fitbit One Pedometer is a Steal at $100, Syncs to Your iPhone via Bluetooth (pics)
- Fitbit One Review
- FitBit Ultra Review
- Gadget Review: Clarus Q-Link Pendant SRT-3 Advanced Personal Energy System
- Hello Alvin Gives You 24/7 Access To Quality Healthcare
- Misfit Shine Review
- Nike Fuelband Review
- OMSignal’s Biometric Shirt Makes Fitness Bands Obsolete
- RocketBody AI Wearable Fitness Trainer Automagically Designs Your Workouts For You
- Shot Tracker Releases First Basketball Trainer App
- spree Fitness Monitor Review
- Suunto t3d Watch Review
- The First Sign Hair Clip Can Save Your Life
- The Zona Plus Hypertension Relief Device Is A Hand Grip Tool That Will Lower Your Blood Pressure
- TrekSta Kobra II Review
- Under Armour’s New Armour39 Willpower Monitoring System Scores Your Workout Based On Heart Rate, Calories and Intensity