What are Grand Theft Auto Online Heists
Grand Theft Auto Online is the multiplayer attachment to Grand Theft Auto 5. This mode features heists, 4 player cooperative missions with high payouts, difficult challenges, and unique mission types.
Heists are split into a series of setup missions with one big finale. The setup missions require the gathering of gear, vehicles or people needed for a big finale. The last mission can consist of robbing banks, breaking into prison or even hauling a gas truck full of drugs.
While you can join heists at level 1, earning big money resides in hosting heists. To host a Grand Theft Auto Online Heist you need to achieve level 12, have a high-end apartment, and the cash to front for each heist. Below is a table listing the heists cost and payout depending on difficulty.
|Heist||Cost||Easy Difficulty Payout||Medium Difficulty Payout||Hard Difficulty Payout|
|The Fleeca Job||$11,500||$57,500||$115,000||$143,750|
|The Prison Break||$40,000||$200,000||$400,000||$500,000|
|The Humane Labs Raid||$54,000||$270,000||$540,000||$675,000|
|Series A Funding||$40,400||$202,000||$404,000||$505,000|
|The Pacific Standard Job||$100,000||$500,000||$1,000,000||$1,250,000|
Tips for Beginners
Here are some quick tips for Grand Theft Auto Heists.
- Be comfortable driving a car, helicopter and jet. All three are necessary for at least one of the missions.
- Armor is very important. Buy armor at Ammu-nation to keep that blue bar below your mini-map full.
- Keep extra armor in your inventory. Equip it when you run out to instantly refill your armor bar.
- Stock up on snacks. Like armor, they stay in your inventory and can be used to refill health.
- Use a mask to lose wanted levels. Removing or switching masks removes 1 full wanted star.
- Consider buying and fully upgrading a Kuruma. This armored sports car is incredibly useful in most missions.
- When you unlock the pre-mission setup, prepare two outfits. One for heavy combat, with heavy armor and weapons, and use regular clothes with a mask for the other.
- If you have a mic, use it! Communication is very important for a successful mission.
- Explosives are a high risk, high reward. They can kill a lot of enemies but also your teammates!
- Remember to use the cash boost you get for finishing your first heist, $100,000, and when you have them all finished, $500,000.
- After each mission, you earn Job Points or JP. This is just a ranking system for missions within the heist.
- As a host you decide how much your teammates earn in each mission. The more you pay out the more likely you are to retain coop player for the next mission.
Starting GTA Online Heists
Once you reach level 12 you receive a phone call from Lester, the mastermind of the single player campaign heists. After the call, there will be an L-shaped waypoint on your map. Visit the waypoint to start your Grand Theft Auto Online Heist career with the Fleeca Job!
The Fleeca Job
This heist is simple and acts as a tutorial for following heists. It requires 2 people, so invite a friend or leave the lobby open for your second member. The Fleeca Job contains three missions: Scope Out, Kuruma, and the Finale that we walk through below!
This mission is very easy. Start the mission, watch the cutscene then join Lester on a drive over to the Fleeca bank. Whoever isn’t driving will have to hack the bank’s systems. It’s a simple mini-game that you can see here:
Lester then directs you to his warehouse, you will meet Page, his assistant, and grab a truck. Head back to your apartment to complete the mission. Watch the quick cut-scene for the next step in the heist.
This mission has you stealing the Kuruma, an armored car we advised for future jobs.
This mission starts with your first look at the mission preparation screen. You can change details such as payout, difficulty and job roles for members. From there you go into your loadout menu where you personalize your clothes and vehicles. Take your time to set up your loadout now, so you can save time in later missions. For now, bring heavy combat armor.
When the mission starts follow Lester’s’ directions. Then wipe out the gang and steal the car. The Kuruma will be the black armored car marked on your map. Drive back with your passenger fighting off any vehicular attackers until you make it back to the warehouse. Turn in the Kuruma to end the mission.
The preparations are finished, it’s time to rob the Fleeca bank. Start the mission and a short cutscene with Lester will play. Then go over all the details on the whiteboard to be sure you know what to do. You don’t need heavy armor but be sure to bring a mask.
Drive to Lester’s warehouse, grab the armored car and follow the minimap to the Fleeca bank. During the drive, the other hiester will have to finish 3 hacks and then open vault door. With the vault open, put on your mask and get inside the bank.
Each of you has a very specific checklist to accomplish in the bank. The driver will shoot all the cameras then keep his gun aimed at the teller. There is a yellow bar in the bottom right of the screen that tells how intimidated the teller is. If it drops too low he will push the alarm button, ending the heist. Shoot around him to keep the bar high.
The other hiester will rush to the opened vault and begin drilling. This is another mini-game, follow the commands found in the top left of the screen to being drilling. You can push the drill bit hard but it could overheat. If is does, relax the drill so it can cool down then continue drilling out the lock.
Keep in touch with your driller so you can have the car ready to go when he finishes. Drive aggressively as the cops will try to run you off the road right away. Follow the mini-map to find your getaway helicopter. Drive underneath his giant magnet to be picked up and taken away from the cops. You’ve finished your first GTA Online heist! Enjoy the cutscene and your hard won cash.
Visit our guide on the next heist.
Related Grand Theft Auto Online Articles
Earn Money and Build Rep: If you need to reach that level 12 requirement as well as make enough money for equipment needs check out this article.
Finance and Felony: Need to expand your criminal empire? Look into working with contraband with this Grand Theft Auto Online update!
Secrets: Want to see a 1980’s teen icon face off against Sasquatch? We made an article detailing the path to this epic fight!
Cheats: In case you need some extra help in the single player campaign we collected some of the best cheats to solve any problem!
Also why not check out:
- ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ Looks… Different In First Person
- 10 GTA 5 Easter Eggs for Your Viewing Pleasure
- 11 GTA 5 Halloween Costume Ideas (list)
- 12 of the Best Open World Games
- 12 Things You Need to Know About GTA Online
- 18 Real World Things You Can Do and See in GTA V That is Sure to Make It a Hit
- An Open Letter to Mass Effect 3 Producer Casey Hudson Regarding the Mass Effect 3 Ending Controversy
- Assassin’s Creed 3 E3 Gameplay Footage (video/E3)
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Gameplay Takes you to the High Sea, Swashbuckling Never Looked so Good (video)
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Gameplay Trailer Revealed (video)
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Multiplayer Trailer Released (video)
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Official Trailer #2 (video)
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Replica Hidden Arm Blade On Sale at Gamestop
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Trailer (video)
- Assassin’s Creed III Meta Review – A Round Table of “Prose” and Cons
- Assassin’s Creed IV Stealth Gameplay Trailer (video)
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood Review
- Assassin’s Creed: Unity Makes With The Assassinations
- Battlefield: Hardline Now Showing Up at Origin Store and Retailers
- Best Call of Duty: Ghosts Pre-Order Deals & Comparison
- Borderlands 2 Review (PS3)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare gets $12 discount, Huge 27-inch IPS Monitor $185 Off
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 – Ground Zero With Nuketown 2045 (video)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Trailer and Release Date Unveiled (video)
- Drift Stage Is A Stunning-Looking Game From Just Two People
- EA Star Wars Battlefront Shows Off Hoth’s Realistic Multiplayer Mayhem
- Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Review
- Fallout 4 DLC Details
- Fallout 4 Release Nears: Watch Demos and Get Ready
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Review: Human After All
- Gaming Rumor: Assassin’s Creed 3 To Be Set In Feudal Japan?
- Grand Theft Auto 5 Release Date Set for Spring 2013 (video)
- Grand Theft Auto 5 Trailer Released (video)
- Grand Theft Auto Online Humane Labs Raid Heist
- Grand Theft Auto Online: Cunning Stunts DLC
- GTA 5 Holiday Update: Fireworks, Snowballs, and More
- GTA 5 Secret Characters: Bigfoot and TeenWolf
- GTA Online Heist: Prison Break
- GTA Online Heists: Pacific Standard
- GTA Online Heists: Series A Funding
- GTA Online: Cunning Stunts DLC
- GTA Online: How to Earn Money and Build Your Rep
- GTA V Gameplay Trailer Released Today
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Review: Nails In The Coffin
- Just Cause 3 Gameplay Video Shows Off Aerial Explosions
- Linsey Lohan Loses GTA 5 Lawsuit, Setting Important Video Game Precedent
- Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition Gets Unboxed, Includes Night Vision Goggles (video)
- More Details Concerning GTA V for Your Gaming Fix
- New Grand Theft Auto 5 Screenshots Appear (pics)
- New GTA 5 DLC “Finance and Felony” and What You Should Know
- New GTA 5 Screeshots Unveiled, New Released Date Set
- PETA Vs. The Black Flag Upcoming Assassin’s Creed 4 Said to “Glorify Whaling”
- Play As Deathstroke in Batman: Arkham Origins
- Saints Row 3 Cheats to Get Your Rampage On
- Sims 4 Cheats
- Ubisoft’s “The Division” Open Beta Arrives This Month
- Watch Dogs Deluxe Edition Confirmed, Pre-Order Coupon for 20% Off
- Watch Dogs Pre-Order Bonus Comparison (Updated)
- Watch Dogs Who’s Who Character Trailer
- Watch GTA 5 Recreate Numerous Movie And TV Shows (video)
- Watch_Dogs 14 Minutes of Hacking and Multiplayer Gameplay (video)
- Watch_Dogs Gameplay Blowout (Videos)
- XBOX Live Gold vs. PSN Plus (comparison)