The best car speakers for bass will fit in your car and be able to produce a high-quality bass response. It’s much stronger than even the highly-rated Bluetooth speakers. These are some of the best speakers for cars because they enhance your listening experience and upgrades can be found for a wide range of budgets.
Car speakers for bass offer easy installation, crisp sound, reliable performance, and durable materials. They will last for a long time and are a great option for a true audiophile who wants a better sound system in their car.
Keep reading this buying guide to learn more about car speakers for bass.
Top Car Speakers for Bass
#1 Pyle PLG64 Speaker
Award: TOP PICK
WHY WE LIKE IT: This model has a consistently high performance, impressing most consumers. This relatively lightweight speaker setup will be a massive step above a stock radio. It also uses specially treated rubber.
- Consistently high performance
- Relatively lightweight model
- Specially treated rubber
- Basket may be unwieldy
Those that want high performance in their life will love what this speaker system brings to the table. It’s 65-inches in total and brings a pop of yellow to your car interior. The CD PP cone provides plenty of stiffness without adding unnecessary weight into the mix. However, some consumers said that the basket on this speaker system was a little unwieldy when they were trying to mount it there. It took a little shaping to get it to fit.
You’ll be able to enjoy 300 watts of peak power, which is more than enough to deliver deep, booming audio. It also has a magnet boot cover to help reduce any static noise. This will help keep the audio crystal clear even as the volume goes up and down. It has a 60 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response to ensure that the sound is detailed and smooth.
#2 Kicker TL7T Speaker
Award: HONORABLE MENTION
WHY WE LIKE IT: You’ll love the amount of airflow that this speaker design allows, translating into plenty of deep, punchy sound. It also offers advanced features like continuous power handling. The mounting hardware is included.
- Plenty of air movement
- Continuous power handling
- Mounting hardware included
- Might be a little bulky
This hefty option will ensure that you can access booming levels of bass. It uses a 12-inch solo-baric subwoofer that will keep deep sounds coming with every song. This might make it one of the top 12-inch subwoofers you’ll find. It has an angled profile to help it fit into tighter spaces to fit your car interior. Unfortunately, this might be an option that has a little more “heft” than your car can handle. While it tries to maintain a slim frame, some consumers said it still wasn’t shallow enough.
You’ll be able to get 20% more bass with this model than with competing models. This is because of the square-shaped subwoofer technology packed into this powerful package. It is also because this model offers 20% more cone area than other models. You’ll love the 1200 watts of power that it can provide. The mounting hardware is included so that you don’t have to purchase extra accessories to get it installed.
#3 Sound Storm Laboratories LOPRO10 Speaker
Award: BEST FOR MOUNTING VERSATILITY
WHY WE LIKE IT: This compact model is great for fitting into tight spots, making it a highly versatile option. It’s especially great for smaller cars. This model has a high-power design and a built-in amplifier.
- Built-in amplifier
- Great for tighter areas
- High-power design
- Durability is questionable
The performance of this sound system is simply incredible, especially since it pulls so little power from the driver. This means that you have a more efficient speaker than you would if you chose a competing model. It’s an excellent option for those looking for an easy-to-use system. However, some consumers do report that their model had questionable durability. This means that if you’re looking for a long-lasting option, this might not be the model of your choice.
You’ll love that they include a variable low-pass filter in this unit. It allows the model to remove all the notes above the filter’s frequency setting, giving you a far better auditory experience. This will keep high notes from infiltrating your subwoofer. The variable bass boost gives you absolute control over how deep the bass goes, which makes this an extremely easy-to-customize model.
#4 Skar Audio Dual 10″ Speaker
Award: BEST ALL-IN-ONE SYSTEM
WHY WE LIKE IT: You’ll love this option if you’re looking for super deep sound. It also offers optimal sound reproduction, which is an excellent feature for your audial experience. The peak power is also high.
- Excellent for deep sound
- Optimal sound reproduction
- Provides high peak power
- Instructions may be confusing
If you’re looking for an easy installation experience, this stereo system is a perfect match for your needs. This all-in-one bundle will ensure you have everything you need to get it installed right out of the box. However, when it comes to installing this unit, you may run into some complications due to the language used in the instructions. Some of them can be a little confusing for some consumers.
You’ll enjoy a peak power of 2,400 watts. This makes it an option that is a cut above competitors when it comes to raw power. The RMS power is 1,200 watts. When you purchase this package, you’ll receive a complete speaker system. This includes a vented subwoofer enclosure, as well as a four gauge OFC wiring kit. The vents ensure that the system stays cool even while delivering an incredible amount of bass to the listener.
#5 BL GT-BassPro12 Speaker
We’re sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock
Award: BEST FOR DEEP BASS
WHY WE LIKE IT: This speaker system has multiple unique features that make it an excellent choice for anybody. The bass boost will allow you to hear the deepest bass possible. It also has a fully optimized design with high-performance components.
- High-performance components
- Includes bass boost
- Fully optimized design
- Not fit for audiophiles
This durable model has a die-cast aluminum basket. This allows for spectacular sound from your subwoofer no matter the conditions it’s faced with. The slipstream port ensures that there isn’t any port noise present. It also allows distortion-free bass, especially when working at higher output levels. While this is a great model and a worthy speaker system, it is not suitable for audiophiles. This budget option is far friendlier to novice ears that won’t pick up on minor discrepancies.
You’ll enjoy a fully optimized system when you choose this option. The amplifier is precisely matched up with the woofer. This, combined with the specialized enclosure, ensures fantastic, clear audio at all times. The subwoofer will also automatically turn on and off due to the inclusion of signal-sensing technology. This happens because the head unit sends an audio signal, which prompts the speaker into action.
#6 BOSS Audio Systems BASS10K Speaker
Award: BEST FOR UNIVERSAL FIT
WHY WE LIKE IT: This is a great model since it keeps such a low profile if you’re tight on space. It’s highly compact and will fit into almost any vehicle, making it versatile. It also has great features like pulse width modulation.
- Has a universal fit
- Highly compact model
- Pulse width modulated
- Not great with deeper sounds
This fully loaded kit comes with everything you need. You’ll receive a 20’ red power cable, 3’ ground cable, competition fuse holder, 20’ RCA interconnect, 4” wire ties, 6’ split loom tubing, and so much more. Because of this, you can install it right out of the box without a huge hassle. Unfortunately, this will not be the right fit for you if intense bass is something you need. This speaker system will reproduce passable bass, but it’s nothing special for deep sounds.
It’s also a highly compact option, making it perfect for those who are tight on space. If you have a smaller car, this is probably the best option for your needs. It combines the power of an amplifier with a subwoofer into one easy-to-use speaker system. This means you can eliminate the need for separate components to get the audio quality you’re looking for. You’ll also enjoy the inclusion of technology like a variable low-pass filter, which removes low notes that fall beneath the specified frequency setting.
Beginner’s Guide to the Best Car Speakers for Bass
What are Car Speakers for Bass?
Bass is one of the most important aspects of a good sound system. It gives music power and depth, and it can really make or break a listening experience. If you’re looking for good bass in your car audio setup, then you’ll need to get some good car speakers for bass.
Car speakers for bass offer a different experience than traditional car speakers. They are designed to handle the reproduction of low frequencies that regular speakers can’t reproduce adequately. This means that you’ll get a fuller, more powerful sound with bass-specific speakers.
In some cases, these speakers are manufactured with a design that fits your specific make and model. Other times, they’re aftermarket stereo speakers that can be installed in any car. Whichever option you choose, if you get speakers that are designed for more powerful bass, you’ll enjoy high-quality sound in your car.
Car Speakers for Bass vs Traditional Car Speakers
Bass-specific speakers are designed to handle a low frequency that regular speakers can’t reproduce adequately. This means that you’ll get a better quality of sound with bass-specific speakers like Kicker, Infinity, JBL, or the best Bose speakers.
Traditional car component speakers are designed to handle a wide frequency range, including the low ones. This means that they won’t produce as much bass as bass-specific speakers.
Because car speakers for bass focus more on low frequencies, they don’t offer as much balance, control, or clarity as traditional car speakers. Traditional car speakers will give you great sound quality across a wider range of frequencies rather than being bass-heavy.
In the case where your car speakers focus more on the low bass frequencies than the higher frequencies, the speaker will have a larger woofer. This is because the larger woofer can handle the low frequencies better than a smaller one.
This woofer is responsible for reproducing bass sounds at a louder volume than a traditional car speaker. It receives its power from an amplifier, which makes it louder than a regular car speaker. It can also give you the feeling of surround sound, especially if you choose 3-way speakers or 4-way speakers.
The downside to car speakers for bass is that they can’t produce as much balance or clarity as traditional car speakers. This is because they’re designed to handle the low frequencies, which can often drown out the higher frequencies.
How Car Speakers for Bass Work
Car speakers for bass work by reproducing the low frequencies that regular car speakers can’t handle. They work similar to the top boat speakers and the leading marine speakers, just on land. These speakers come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, so it’s important to choose the right ones for your car. You’ll also need to make sure that they’re compatible with your head unit and amplifier.
Bass-specific speakers can be either factory-installed or aftermarket. Factory-installed bass-specific speakers are designed to fit the make and model of your car. Aftermarket bass-specific speakers can be installed in any car, and they come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Much like traditional car speakers, car speakers for bass are installed in the front or rear of your car. They can also be installed inside the dashboard, door, or even the roof. They’re connected to your radio or car audio system with wires, and they’re powered by an amplifier. You can opt for professional installation, or you can install them yourself if you’re comfortable with the installation process. You can also fix your car speakers when there’s a problem or call a professional.
These speakers produce sound by using a woofer, tweeter, and crossover. The woofer is responsible for reproducing the low frequencies, while the tweeter is responsible for reproducing the high frequencies. The crossover separates the low and high frequencies so that they can be handled by their respective speakers.
They also have more watts of power than traditional car speakers. This means that they can handle more bass output power and produce a louder sound than factory speakers. In many cases, they also have oversized voice coils, which allows them to handle more power without overheating.
The tweeters in a bass speaker are usually positioned in the middle of the woofer. This helps to produce a more balanced sound, and it also prevents the higher frequencies from being drowned out by the low ones.
Some bass speakers come with a built-in amplifier, which eliminates the need for an external amplifier. If you choose a speaker that doesn’t have a built-in amplifier, you’ll have to purchase one separately.
Why Should You Buy Car Speakers for Bass?
If you want deeper bass performance in your car stereo, then car speakers for bass are amazing speakers and a worthwhile investment. If you already have powerful bass in your car, you may want to consider an upgrade.
Are Car Speakers for Bass Worth Buying?
- They produce powerful bass: Car bass speakers offer powerful bass that you can feel. They’re great for anyone who wants to enhance the quality of the audio in their car with more bass sounds. You’ll also notice a smooth response, plenty of power, and better audio performance and sound experience.
- They come in a variety of shapes and sizes: There are a variety of different shapes and sizes of car speakers for bass, so you can find the ones that best fit your car.
- They’re compatible with most head units and amplifiers: Most car speakers for bass are compatible with most head units and amplifiers. This makes them a versatile option that will work with most audio systems and it also makes them easier to install.
- They reproduce low frequencies that regular car speakers can’t handle: Car speakers for bass are designed to handle the low frequencies that regular car speakers can’t handle. This means that you’ll get a fuller, more powerful sound with bass-specific speakers without needing a dedicated subwoofer.
- They can be found at a reasonable price: These audio speakers can be found for a very affordable price, so anyone can get more sound clarity than factory speakers and enjoy the optimum performance. They’re not cheap car speakers, but they’re also not the most expensive.
- They’re made from quality material: Components like the woofer cone, amplifier, silk dome tweeter, and voice coils are made from better materials than a factory stereo and will be able to produce a better range of sounds as well as more power output. This superior durability is what draws many people to aftermarket speakers built for punchy bass response.
- They have a high power-rating: These speakers often have a higher power rating than traditional car speakers, which means that they can handle more power without overheating. Typically, watts peak at around 400. This allows them to produce maximum volume without blowing any components, so they’re great for people who like loud music.
Why Car Speakers for Bass Might Not be for You
- They can’t produce as much balance or clarity as traditional car speakers: Car speakers for bass can’t produce as much balance or superior clarity as traditional car speakers. You won’t get the same crisp highs you might get from a traditional speaker setup or other speaker types. This is because they’re designed to handle the low frequencies, which can often drown out the higher frequencies. If you’re looking for something that can hand handle midrange frequencies, you may be able to find that here, but it will require more research to find the right one for you. Look for the best center channel speakers.
- They require an amplifier: To power car speakers for bass, you’ll need an external amplifier. This means that you’ll have another piece of equipment to purchase and install in your car. Some come with built-in amplifiers, but most don’t, so check the amplifier requirements of the speakers you choose.
- They take up more space than traditional car speakers: Car speakers for bass often take up more space than traditional car speakers, so they won’t make great laptop speakers. If you’re looking for a sleek and compact audio solution, then car speakers for the bass may not be for you.
- They can be more expensive than traditional car speakers: Car speakers for bass can be more expensive than traditional car speakers, or even the finest DJ speakers. This is because they’re a specialized product that is designed for a specific purpose, made from premium materials. While the price range is quite vast, better-quality bass car speakers from more well-known brands will be more expensive.
How Long Will Car Speakers for Bass Last?
The lifespan of car speakers for bass will vary depending on some factors, including the quality of the product, how often it’s used, and the environment in which it’s used. In general, however, car speakers for bass should provide continuous power and excellent sound for up to 10 years, sometimes more.
The most common problem with a pair of speakers made for bass is that the woofer eventually wears out. When this happens, the speaker will no longer be able to produce low frequencies, and it will need to be replaced. This will happen faster the louder you listen to music in your car, similar to how you’d wear out even the leading bass Bluetooth speakers.
However, if you purchase a quality brand and care for your speakers at reasonable volumes, you’ll be able to enjoy powerful bass sounds and quality audio for many years.
How to Choose a Car Speaker for Bass
When looking for car speakers for bass, it’s important to evaluate several factors. First, consider how loud you like to listen to your music. Then, think about the size of the speaker you want. Finally, consider the price.
Best Car Speakers for Bass Key Factors
1. Does the volume level of my music matter?
The volume at which you like to listen to music in your car plays a huge role in the speaker you decide to purchase. Any extra volume will wear out the woofer faster, which means you need to consider a high-quality brand that is known for its durability.
Evaluate the watts per pair to determine how much power the speaker has. If you’re looking for a high-powered speaker, then you’ll want to look for one that has a higher wattage. This will ensure that the speaker can handle the power behind your music.
Aim for a peak wattage between 80 and 200 for the best results.
2. Does the size of my speaker matter?
The size of the speaker you want also matters. If you’re looking for a small and sleek option, then you’ll want to look for 6-inch car speakers or smaller ones. However, these speakers often don’t have as much power as larger options.
If you’re looking for a powerful sound with lots of bass, then you’ll want to consider at least a 10-inch speaker, if not something bigger.
3. How much do I want to spend on my car speaker?
Car speakers for bass can range in price from $25 to $200. If you’re looking for a quality brand and want to ensure that you’re getting the most for your money, then you’ll want to consider spending around $100 on your purchase.