I like to watch movies big. The bigger the better. How else are you going to watch a major blockbuster? And sometimes this requires connecting my laptop to my projector. To many of us this is a super easy task, but there are some folks out there who might not know how to do it. This is why I am creating this guide to connect your laptop to projector with HDMI. Then you will know how to connect your best home theater 3d projector.
Once I explain it, you will see just how easy it is. Projectors can usually connect to your laptop via a VGA port using a VGA cable (That’s the one with three rows of five holes) or an HDMI port.(that’s the one that’s a bit like USB, but flared on one side) No worries, VGA or HDMI should be clearly marked on your laptop, so are easy to find. How to connect your laptop to projector with HDMI is very easy and once we explain you will be surprised at how simple it is. Then you can learn more about how projectors work.
How To Connect Laptop To Projector With HDMI
- First, plug the power cord into the wall, press the power button and turn on your TV or projector and select the function for laptop use if it has one.
- Connect the HDMI cable to your laptop’s HDMI port and connect the cable to the other end to your LCD projector. When you plug the cable in, make sure that it is securely in place so that it won’t come loose.
- Turn on the laptop.
- Your computer or laptop screen should now display on the projector.
- The projector and your laptop are connected and you are now ready to watch a movie or share a presentation.
- Be aware that not every setup is the same. There are also settings on your laptop to adjust. This may vary depending on the type of projector and laptop you have, but it is a basic guide that will help you get yourself set up and help your laptop connect to your projector. The HDMI ports and your HDMI cables make it very easy.
Tips For Windows 7 And 8
Hold the Windows button and press P for display options.
Keep holding the button on the computer and hit P to highlight each option. Choose “Duplicate” to project the image from your laptop. You can also choose “Extend” to use your projector as a second laptop monitor.
Release the Windows button when you choose the option you want.
Tips For Windows XP
Once you have connected the laptop to the projector, right-click anywhere on your desktop.
Select “Graphics Options.”
Then “Output To.”
Then “Intel Dual Display Clone.”
Choose “Monitor + Notebook.”
Windows 10 Tips
Right-click on the desktop background and choose “Graphics Properties.”
Under “Resolution,” you can choose the screen resolution you want.
The “Save Profile.”
It is that easy. If you are using a Mac, they usually detect the projector automatically. Now that you know how to connect your laptop to projector with HDMI, enjoy the show. If you are looking for a budget projector, check out some top-rated projectors under 1000.
Whether you are watching an outdoor movie or enjoying one indoors, this guide will help you set things up quickly.