I would be willing to bet that most of the water that gets wasted in our homes comes from the garden hose. Whether you’re spraying off the deck, power washing the house or watering the garden, there’s really no smart way to slow the water down. You just spray and do your thing. However, there is a smarter way. The Orbit B-hyve Smart Hose Faucet Timer makes your hose smart.
Water Your Garden The Smart Way
It can be controlled via Wi-Fi from anywhere in the world. That means that if you have an irrigation system, you could schedule your garden to be watered for 5 minutes, while you are on vacation in France sipping wine and sampling the local cuisine.
Easy to install and use
Works with Amazon Alexa
Basic hose and faucet setup
App lacks customization options for plant types
Needs more settings
The Orbit B-hyve has a sleek design and weatherproof housing, so it’s built to last. B-hyve lets you control any standard hose faucet right from your smartphone. It’s easy to set up and easy to use. Real-time weather updates help you to create the perfect watering schedule for your needs. You can even schedule rain delays, and get detailed reports on the system’s performance and your savings. It even works with Amazon’s Alexa.
You don’t have to do a thing to water your garden thanks to Smart WeatherSense which gets local weather data and automatically adjusts your Orbit B-hyve to deliver the right amount of water to your plants. You didn’t have to lift a finger.
You can even connect your timers thanks to B-hyve Network Meshing so that each B-hyve extends the signal from your Wi-Fi network to your entire system. This increases the total range. With features like this, the Orbit B-hyve Smart Hose Faucet Timer is a great smart home product. You already have your smart thermostat, your smart lock, home security and other smart home devices inside of your house. This is a home automation device that helps to take care of the outside.
No More Wasting Water
It’s a pretty decent solution for watering your plants on a schedule and we love how easy it is to use and install. Anyone can get it up and running quickly. We do wish that it offered more custom options for various plant types since they don’t all do well with the same amount of water. If this is your first smart watering gadget you can’t go wrong with it, others might want something with more features.
Also why not check out:
- 6 Things You Need To Know About Apple’s “Smart Homes” (List)
- Best Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector
- HELLO 2 Fully Encrypted All-In-One TV Companion
- LG W53 SMART Series LCD Monitor Use A Light Sensor And More To Reduce Eye Strain
- Onzo Smart Energy Kit Helps You Track Your Home’s Electricity Usage
- Sevenhugs Smart Remote: Point To Operate Any Smart Product
- SmartThings Home Automation Brews the Coffee, Turns on the AC, Makes Everything Cool (video)
- Swann MP3 Doorbell SWADS-DOORCH Review
- The iPort Transforms Your iPad & iPod Touch Into A Home Controller
- VAVA Mobile Pet Cam Is A Smart Pet Nanny