Reviewers adored the Hisense R6’s contrast ratio, excellent color accuracy, and 4K performance because it provides an excellent picture for TV and movie watching. Experts were also pleased with the low input lag that will give casual gamers a smooth gaming experience. The Roku OS menu display is not only simple to use but highly customizable. However, reviewers were not happy with the fact that this TV comes with no local dimming feature, which results in low peak brightness. Also, the Roku remote is overly simple and gives you no easy access to settings and features. Plus, black levels become blurry when watching at certain viewing angles or in dark rooms.
PICTURE QUALITY 4k
- Top reviewers found that the Hisense R6 can perfectly display native 4K content, which is good for an entry-level 4K TV.
- However, this Hisense Roku TV cannot display 8K input, which is becoming more available.
- The Hisense R6, after calibration, has outstanding color accuracy and color temperature with its out-of-the-box settings. Reviewers pointed out that they loved the amazing contrast and bright colors, much like what the Hisense H6570G displays.
- However, product testers didn’t appreciate the lack of a wide color gamut which causes the device to not get very bright.
- Top critics loved the outstanding black uniformity with this Hisense R6.
- However, A couple of experts did not like that the depth of the black levels varies based on the viewing angle of whoever is watching. If not within a 25-degree viewing angle, black levels become below average.
- Even with the Hisense R6 backlight turned up to its max, top reviewers felt that it has poor peak brightness, which is different from the Hisense R8. Do not expect any significant contrast between moderately bright and very bright highlights in any scene.
- Expert reviewers, like Rtings.com and Digitaltrends, absolutely loved the amazing contrast ratio with this Hisense R6, which helps display deep blacks and saturated colors extremely well, even in the dark, similar to the Hisense R8. A dark HDR picture mode with gamma set to 1.8 can even brighten the contrast more if needed.
- The Hisense R6 does not have any local dimming feature, so that cannot be evaluated. But pro reviewers pointed out that the Hisense R6 still delivered decent picture quality and upscaled lower resolution images nicely.
- Product testers were happy with the decent settings for gaming with this Hisense R6. Low input lag and a decent response time are good enough for the casual gamer to enjoy the screen.
- However, a couple of experts pointed out that competitive gamers will find out that there are better entry-level TVs available that offer a wider range of settings.
- The Hisense R6 offers a Dolby Vision high dynamic range feature (Dolby Vision HDR), enhancing the contrast in color shading to give you more accurate detail.
- However, experts found that the full Dolby Vision HDR experience doesn’t compare well to other TVs in this class due to its low peak brightness and ability to display a wide color gamut.
- Product experts, like Consumerreports.com and cnet.com, were pleased with the Hisense R6’s motion blurring due to the device’s decent response time.
- However, there is some noticeable motion blur during dark transitions in TV and movies, especially fast-moving scenes. A couple of product testers recommended using the “power save” mode to downplay these motion blurs.
- With a 1080P 60HZ variable refresh rate, the Hisense R6 Ultra HD TV has a standard calibration right out of the box that is in line with other TVs of this class.
- Reviews noted that the Hisense R6 Series 4K UHD TV does not support any variable refresh rate technology.
- Reviewers were pleased with this Hisense R6’s decent response time, even though there may be some motion blurring with fast-moving scenes here and there. Nevertheless, several reviewers pointed out that the response time of 6.2MS makes this a good TV for gamers.
- The Hisense R6 has narrow viewing angles and is not suggested for wide seating arrangements because the TV image loses full HD accuracy when viewing from the sides. Multiple reviewers point out that at nearly 25°, the color and brightness are affected.
- Product testers were happy with the fact that, like most TVs today, there is no risk of permanent burn-in.
- The Hisense R6 comes with a plastic stand centered in the middle bottom and keeps the TV well in place.
- However, expert reviewers found that it is not perfect as there is a bit of wobble here and there.
- Reviewers were pleased with the thin plastic back panel that feels like metal. As the panel gets towards the bottom, it feels more solid. One product tester pointed out that they enjoyed how easy it was to wall mount.
- At only 0.35 inches, the Hisense R6 has very slim borders on three sides, with the bottom border slightly thicker. Reviewers agree that the thin borders, of less than an inch, are not distracting and have a nice look to them.
Experts all enjoyed the slim depth of this Hisense R6. At only 3.31 inches, the TV will stay flush against the wall when mounted without a stand, leaving hardly any space in between.
- The Hisense H4F model has 1 digital satellite tuner system to watch live TV, which reviewers found perfect for what it’s meant for.
- According to reviewers, the Hisense R6 possesses the standard multiple HDMI 3 and USB video inputs for any platform and a standard power consumption input cable.
- The Hisense R6 uses a remote that has a simplified Roku design, with a reduced set of buttons, which easily supports the on-screen navigation.
- A few reviewers point out that some might find this remote overly simple with insufficient functionality. Those hoping this works with Alexa or any other voice command will be disappointed because this remote lacks that feature.
- Pro testers enthusiastically praised the Hisense R6’s Roku App Store that has more than 5000 streaming apps to choose from. Many reviewers pointed out that the Roku App Store is one of the easiest to use and highly customizable.
- The Hisense R6 uses the Roku streaming channels interface, which, according to top experts, launched up with little to no load time. You can get direct access to Netflix, Hulu, Sling, YouTube, Amazon Prime, and many more…which reviewers found streamed flawlessly.
- Critics loved how the menu on this Hisense R6 is extremely easy to navigate, search, customize, and it was glitch-free. According to reviewers, the Roku TV menu layout is known to be perfect for first-time Smart TV users based on how simple it is.
- The Hisense R6 has a fairly well-balanced DTS Studio sound profile, allowing clear dialogue, a nice detailed treble, and a decent all-around audio experience.
- Some reviewers did note that the bass is lacking, and some HD sound can feel a bit thin.