The X-Series Grill by Porsche Design Studios maybe three years old, but that hasn’t stopped us from drooling over this cooking apparatus.
Designed with the minimal aesthetic in mind, this grill utitlizes the latests in, well, grill technology. Instead of charcoal or traditional gas burner, it uses infrared technology. The fuel is still propane, but the results are less energy consumption (purportedly 80% less gas), less smoke, and a flavor that is comparable to that of charcoal. You see, infrared cooking, which is also found in charcoal, doesn’t warm the air and then cook the food. For the sake of simplicity, and relating our understanding, it instead cooks the food in a more direct manner and seals in all those wonderful juices.
That being said, the X-Series Grill is replete with an LCD display that pairs with a remote thermometer for monitoring cooking temperature. It also includes LED burner status lights, a set of concealed cupboards for dishes, a rechargeable battery pack for powering the grill’s electronics, side shelves, 1,120 total square inches of cooking surface, four porcelain coated cast-iron cooking grids, a secondary cooking rack, and the always necessary temperature gauge.
The X-Series Porsche grill is available in a matte black finish for $5,999, while the X-Series Island sports a stainless steel finish and costs $8,499.
Also why not check out:
- Airlighter Fires Up Your BBQ In Seconds (video)
- Always Be Prepared For A BBQ With Front Runner Spare Tire Mount BBQ Grate
- BBQ LED Grill Light
- Be BBQ-Ready With Refuel, Device Monitors Tank’s Propane Levels From Your Phone
- Best Charcoal Grill
- Best Portable Grill for 2019
- CyberQ WiFi Can Automatically Adjust Your BBQ’s Outputs, Controlled by iPhone
- Digital Tongs Make Any BBQ A Bit(e) More Tech
- Flexible Skewers Keep Grilling Easy
- Grill A Perfect Steak With iDevices iGrill Bluetooth Thermometer
- Grill And Eat At The Same Table, JAG Table Grill Lets Guests Grill Their Own Food
- Grill N’ Chill Tailgater System Is Another Portable Man Cave
- Looftlighter Ignites BBQs In Just 15 Seconds With 1000 F Of Hot Air
- Minden Master Range-Top Indoor Grill: When It’s Too Frigid To BBQ
- Motorized Grill Cleaning Brush Could Be A Great Torture Tool
- Never Clean Your Grill Again, Let A Grillbot Do It Instead
- Spiral Hot Dog Cutters Bring Extra Flavor To Your Summer BBQ
- STŌK QUATTRO Review
- The Bruce Handrail Grill Fits On Your Balcony
- The Element Indoor Smokeless BBQ
- The Ferno Grill Sears Steaks With Style
- The Tactical BBQ Apron is the Best Laid Plan for Summer Grilling
- Wall Grill: Not Endorsed By Paul Wall
- Weber Q140 (with cart) Review