There are products you use and there are products that you gift. In the case of the Fundue its the product you gift (kinda like those damn Urban Outfitter books). The Fundue (as in Fun…geez) is a USB based Fondue pot. That’s right, it sucks the power from your computer to melt cheese and chocolate. Stupid? Yes. Useful? No. Sit on your desk for years to come as a mere ‘dash board’ ornament? Definitely.
I am hard pressed to believe enough power can be derived from the USB port, but maybe one of our readers will purchase and test.
Available at ThinkGeek for $29.99 – TURNS OUT ITS FAKE. Just try adding it to your shopping cart.
Specs (from ThinkGeek):
- 1 Fundue™ pot with blue LED regulated heating element
- 1 Fundue™ base, with Oil-Guard™ technology, LCD screen and control panel
- 1 Blue FireGlow USB device Cable
- 6 Fundue™ Forks with included monitor attachments
- Auto-power off mode for decreased loss of life risk LCD screen displays current temperature. Included CD Software allows you to use your Fundue™ LCD screen to optionally scroll MP3 ID3 tags when you listen to music at your computer.
- Recipe booklet
Story via Newlaunches
Grew up back East, got sick of the cold and headed West. Since I was small I have been pushing buttons - both electronic and human. With an insatiable need for tech I thought "why not start a blog focusing on technology, and use my dislikes and likes to post on gadgets."