If you are a DISH customer who has been waiting patiently for Google Assistant, we have some good news for you. DISH has been rolling out a software update on their Hopper receivers that will allow you to access Google Assistant via the DISH voice remote. Score another point in the ever-changing DirecTV vs DISH Network war.
The best part is that there are no extra fees. This is a free upgrade. At last, you can use the DISH voice remote to ask Google Assistant all of the burning questions that are on your mind. You can ask questions about what you’re watching, search for your favorite show or movie, get weather updates, find local restaurants, view photos on your TV, control your smart home devices like thermostats and much more.
Just Use Your Voice
The new capabilities make it easier than ever to control your TV effortlessly, which is how we all want to interact with our TV. The same way that Captain Kirk interacts with his starship. By simply using his voice.
The new Google-branded DISH voice remote features a Google-branded voice button. All you have to do is push the button, speak into the remote and your wish is Google Assistant’s command. No worries if you have an old remote. Existing DISH voice remotes also support the new feature.
Ask questions, get answers and control your smart home all through your remote. DISH just keeps upping the value for customers. Check out our satellite TV reviews and home and lifestyle service reviews for more on DISH. Here are just some of the verbal commands:
“Change the channel to ESPN”
“Show me comedies”
“Search for funny cat videos on YouTube”
“Tom Hanks movies”
“Will I need an umbrella today?”
“What’s the score of the baseball game”
“Show me my photos in Hawaii”
“Dim the living room lights”
“What’s on my agenda today?”
“Lock the front door”
Once you get the software update, all generations of the Hopper, Joey or Wally can access Google Assistant. Customers have been waiting for this for quite some time and it is finally here. Our service reviews section has a lot more info.
Also why not check out:
- Amazon Prime Video Is On DISH Hopper 3
- American Airlines Offers Live TV Powered By DISH
- AT&T SportsNet and the Vegas Golden Knights Now Available on DISH in Las Vegas
- Best Satellite TV
- College Football Fan? DISH Has You Covered
- DirecTV Genie vs. DISH Hopper: How the Genie and the Hopper Compare
- DirecTV vs. DISH for RV’s: Satellite TV for your Mobile Home
- DirecTV vs. DISH Picture Quality: Who Has Better Picture Quality? DirecTV or DISH?
- DirecTV vs. DISH vs. COMCAST: The Showdown Between DirecTV, DISH, and COMCAST
- DirecTV vs. DISH vs. TIME WARNER: Who’s the Best Provider?
- DISH Anywhere App Review
- DISH Brings College Football To Seven Peaks Music Festival
- DISH Joins Apple Business Chat
- DISH Launches OnePoint To Control Multiple TVs
- DISH Network and DirecTV Channel Guide
- DISH Network Comes Down Hard on Satellite Pirates
- Dish Network Earnings Saved By Massive Subscriptions to Sling TV
- DISH Network Review, A Hands On Experience
- Dish Network Updates Dish Anywhere App with Personalization Features
- Dish Network Wireless Joey Review Roundup
- Dish Voice Remote Allows Customized Channel Control
- Dish Voice Remote Review Roundup
- DISH vs. Time Warner Cable (comparison)
- Get Great Dish TV Packages From Planet Dish
- Google Assistant Now Available On DISH
- Hopper 3 Review Round Up
- How To Program a Dish Network Remote: Using Your Remote with a New Device
- Watch EPIX 4K Ultra HD Movies On DISH
- Watch The World Cup Live in 4K on DISH