The shoelace is a technology we’re all comfortable with, and nobody seriously thinks it should be replaced. But when it comes to certain applications, like running, they’re not exactly optimal. Any knot designed to be untied by hand is eventually just going to unravel by itself, and no one wants to stop their workout just because their shoelace has come untied. Enter Zubits, which solve the problem every way should be solved, using magnets.
Stick To Your Shoes
The solution is actually rather elegant. Simply run your laces through the holes on either side of the Zubits closure, and set your shoe to the optimal fit for you. Then, when you want to wear your shoes, just snap the two pieces together and you’re off.
True, you’ll save, what, three minutes a week doing this, but at least you’ll be off and running much more quickly. More to the point, they offer other advantages you might not expect.
Shoes That Stay
First of all, your shoes will be a lot easier to put on: Since the top three rows of laces can now part with a tug, your foot has a much larger hole to fit your shoes into. Also, your shoes now have magnets attached to them, which means you’ve got a lot more in the way of storage options. Stick them to anything metal, just be sure to fill them with Odor Eaters first or your coworkers will not be enormous fans.
Best of all, they’re fairly cheap; one set of Zubits will last, of course, across multiple pairs of shoes, and they’re available from the Kickstarter for the simple cost of $20 per pair. And, really, considering how clumsy some of us are, paying $20 to never have to trip over our shoelaces again is a small, small price.
Also why not check out:
- adidas adiVERSE Virtual Shoe Wall (video)
- adidas Climacool Seduction Shoes
- adidas Dual Shoe Box
- Adidas Unveils Crazyquick “Electricity”
- Chainmaille Shoes Make It Feel As If You’re Walking Barefoot
- Complete Your Marty McFly Costume With Light Up Shoes
- Dada Code-M MP3 Shoes Finally Make an Appearance (an Ugly One at that)
- Digitsole Keeps Your Toes Nice And Warm During Winter
- Flash Drive Embedded Nike Sneaker
- Flint Laces Turn Your Boots Into A Multitool
- Flipster: Foldable Flipflops
- Gadget Review: Vibram 5 Fingers Flow BareFoot Shoes
- Hidden Compartment Shoe
- Inchworm: A Size Adjustable Sneaker
- Iron Man Dunk Sneakers with Glowing Arc Reactors (video)
- Keyboard Shoes
- Lace Anchors Make Your Lace-Ups Slip-Ons
- Leave Your Personalized Impression In The Sand With Custom Flip Flops
- MBT Physiological Footwear Review
- Meindl Unveils Retractable Spike Boot, Deploys at a Moment’s Notice
- Metal Detecting Sandals, Lazy Or Just Stupid
- Modular Shoe Goes From Mandle To Sandle With A Quick Zip
- Nike Payaa a Minimalist, Mature Shoe with the Right Price
- Nike+ Shoes are the Back to the Future Shoes we’ve been Waiting for (video)
- OluKai Maliko Suction Cup Shoes
- Paint The Night With Light Kicks LED Shoe Light System (video)
- Say Goodbye To Smelly Shoes With This UV Blower Concept
- SKCNI Freelock System For Tying Shoes
- Slippies Microwavable Foot Warmers
- Tank Slippers Keep Feet Warm, Wars Won