Looking for the best car charger? Check this out.
There’s no shortage of devices that will charge your phone while you drive. Heck, there are plenty of cars that come with USB ports so you can just plug it in and charge it up off the alternator. ZENS, though, takes it one step further by taking the cord out of the equation.
First of all, there’s the form factor. If you’ve ever plugged in your phone in a car, you know the cord gets everywhere and that it’s difficult to find a place to put what’s essentially a shingle on a string. So ZENS decided to make their charger fit in a cupholder. Just connect it to the power source, and you’ve got a dedicated charging spot in your car.
Easy On, Easy Off
The next step is, of course, taking the cord out altogether. ZENS, as you might remember, owns and is one of the major boosters of the Qi wireless charging system, which uses magnetic induction to charge your phone’s batteries. So, this charger pretty much takes all the pain out of plugging in. Just slot your phone into the cupholder, start the car, and drive where you need to go, without worrying about a dead phone when you get there.
An Ideal, But Not Perfect, Solution
There are, of course, a few caveats. One is that if you don’t have a phone with the Qi system installed, you’ll need to buy that and install it, which is a simple process but may involve some tweaking to your phone’s outsides. Secondly, it’ll only fit screens up to five inches; sorry, Samsung Note fans.
Still, most of us can probably use a charger that’s not only hands-free, but cord-free, especially in the car. So, for both safety and convenience, it looks like this is a winner: You can find it on Amazon for $80.
Also why not check out:
- 12 Portable Chargers That Work Both With iPhone and Android Phones (list)
- 21 iPhone 5 Lightning Accessories Available Today (list)
- 3-In-1 Hand-Warming Phone Charger Is Perfect For Traveling This Winter
- 6 of the Best Qi Wireless Chargers
- Amazon Cloud Player Launches, Free Storage For Amazon MP3 Purchases And Limited Time 20GB Deal
- Ampere is a Smart Wireless Charging Sleeve To Charge Your Smartphones
- AMPY: Power Your Devices With Your Daily Motion
- ARK is a Portable, Battery That Wirelessly Charges Your Phone
- Baseus 10W Qi Wireless Car Charger Phone Holder
- Belkin Announces First To Market iPhone 5 Lightning Accessories
- Bolt Battery Backup Charger Will Keep Your Phone On No Matter What Thanks to a Built-in Battery
- Charge Your Smartphone In Just Five Minutes With Zap&Go
- ChargeAll Is A Portable Wall Charger Alternative For All Your Devices
- Chargerito is The Smallest iPhone 6 Charger, Fits on Your Keychain
- Cobra iRAD-100 iRadar Radar Detector For iPhone Review
- Cota Might Finally Make Wireless Power A Reality
- DuPont Wants To Turn Your Countertop Into A Wireless Charger
- Energizer Debuts Universal Wireless Charging System
- Eton BoostTurbine Hand Crankable Battery is Apocalypse Approved
- Fuel + Mobile Rechargeable Battery 9000mAH Review
- GoKey Is A Keychain Sized Portable Charger
- Gomadic High Capacity Rechargeable Battery Review
- Griffin PowerDuo Reserve Review
- HooToo TripMate Is A Portable Charger And A Travel Router As Well
- How to Maximize Your iPhone 6 Battery
- Hyrdoelectric Power Plant In A Backpack Now For Real
- i.Sound Portable Power Max 16,000 mAH Backup Battery Review
- Kensington Launches USB AAA Battery Charger, The Rechargeable Pocket Booster
- Kensington’s PowerBack iPad Case Gives You Extra Juice
- LaneSafe Keeps You On The Correct Side Of The Road