Well, apparently diamonds are a girl’s best friend. Taiwanese company Yantouch, more known for their creative mood lamps and clocks, just sent me a black diamond– a Black Diamond 3 to be exact. Black Diamond 3 is a snazzy and one of the best Bluetooth speaker with wireless remote control. It has turned my 9 yr old’s room into a strobe light, color-filled child disco–and she couldn’t be happier.
The Black Diamond 3 takes the company’s cool mood light tech and marries it with a wireless Bluetooth 2.1 speaker. The result is a single device that will not only surprise with its audio playback performance, but also with all the cool lighting features. It comes with the Black Diamond 3 speaker, AC wall adapter and Bluetooth power cable, plus the remote control.
The speaker uses a bass resonance tube to amplify lows and give enhanced volume and loudness from it’s organ-style design. The color palette consists of 16 million colors that can be tweaked to display several relaxing ambient lighting patterns. The Black Diamond actually houses two speakers (left and right) plus a sub woofer for a complete 2.1 channel stereo system. The instant I turned it on I was amazed. Music is full and voluminous for such a tiny speaker.
With the included remote control you can set the lighting to match the flow of the changing music beat for an interactive music experience similar to a visual equalizer. The speaker receives music wirelessly over Bluetooth. However it needs power for the lighting and that’s where the AC adapter comes in. The remote can also power the Black Diamond 3 on and off, control volume, audio playback with play, pause and track skipping, adjust the “Flow” and “Mono Color”… You can set it to flash 1 of 8 single colors or “Flash Rainbow”. You also use the remote to control lighting brightness, lighting effect style (3 modes) and the tempo of the lighting modes. Turn the Black Diamond 3 around and you’ll find a nice little housing for the remote to call home. It’s a pretty feature-rich little device.
The Black Diamond 3 makes a fantastic gift for any music lover. But for my 9yr old, her room is now like a 3rd-level club scene. I can control the speaker and the music she listens to remotely via Bluetooth all while she rocks out to the Black Diamond 3’s seemingly living-colors with her bedroom light off. Moreover, when the party ends she’s got a really cool night light to sleep by. The audio sounds fantastic–no better or worse than a consumer level 2.1 desktop speaker set. Plus the thing is just fun to play with and watch as the colors literally dance in new ways to each new music track.
My two main complaints are the mandatory power cord and the price tag. I would love a battery option as an alternative and $120 bucks it’s just too rich for many to spend on such a diminutive speaker setup. But if you got the change to spend and don’t mind the tethered power source, then you and yours are in for some fun music listening.
Bottom Line: The Yantouch Black Diamond 3 wireless Bluetooth 2.1 speaker is pretty slick. It sounds great for the size and is really fun for adults and kiddies.
- Suprisingly impressive sound quality
- Handy wireless remote
- Numerous cool mood lighting settings
- Wireless audio but tethered power source.
The Yantouch Black Diamond 3 is available at Amazon for $120!
- iHome IBN 6 Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker with NFC Touch Pairing and USB Charging Review
- Jawbone Big Jambox Review
- Yantouch Black Diamond 3 Wireless Bluetooth 2.1 Speaker Review
- NudeAudio Super-M Bluetooth Speaker Review
- The Floating Mars Bluetooth Speaker Levitates Your Music
- Sony’s Ultra-Class, Ridiculously Expensive Glass Sound Speakers
Also why not check out:
- AudioEngine A2 Speaker Review
- Bose Soundlink 3 Review
- G-Project G-Drop Speaker Review
- HMDX Jam Plus Speaker Review: $50 Never Sounded So Good
- HMDX Jam Review
- Logitech UE Mobile Boombox Review
- Onkyo RBX-500 iLunar Music System Promises the Sweet Spot Regardless of Where You Stand
- Philip Fidelio DS7700 Bluetooth Docking Speaker Review
- Philips Fidelio DS8550 Speaker Dock Review
- Razer Ferox Review
- Sing Your Heart Out With The Philips StarMaker Wireless Bluetooth Portable Speaker and Karaoke System
- SuperTooth Disco Bluetooth Speaker Review
- Tunebug Shake Portable Speaker Review
- Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM Review
- Yamaha NX-A01: Bluetooth Speaker System
- Yubz Magnum BlueTooth Speaker Review