You may know the Xiaomi Mi adult electric scooter from the Bird scooter rental service. If you’ve rented one of birds scooters you know how it performs, but if not, I recently tested this electric scooter and I have the full run-down below for those who are thinking about buying it. You can also check out our best electric scooter list to see some other options.
This foldable electric scooter is easy to use, portable when you need to carry it and it has some decent features like a max speed of 15.5 miles per hour and a range of 18.6 miles on a single charge. It even has a decent mobile app and battery life. Read on to see what my impressions were after spending many hours testing this personal transport.
Is The Xiaomi Mi Electric Scooter Worth The Price?
The Xiaomi Mi is a decent middle of the road electric scooter with decent speed and range, though it doesn’t have a lot of extra features. It’s nicely priced to get you from point A to point B and it does an admirable job, offering a smooth ride thank to large 8.5 inch pneumatic tires. The disc braking and eABS regenerative anti-lock braking system is very responsive and keep things safe.
- 18.6 mile range
- Smooth ride
- Lighter than most
- Max speed could be better
- Not many features
Xiaomi Mi Build Quality And Design
While the design is pretty typical of what you expect from adult electric scooters today, this vehicle is more focused on reliability. It weighs in at 26.9 lbs with a 220 lb max load rider capacity. It looks minimal but sleek.
This model has an aerospace-grade aluminum frame that makes it durable and tough, ensuring that it will stand up to lots of use and be with you for years. It definitely feels solid under your feet. Not a stand out design ultralightweight adult electric scooter, but very nice.
A powerful 250W electric motor is running the show and this is plenty to get you back and forth while commuting to work or having fun at 15.5 miles per hour. The 250w motor, a hub motor, is all of the power you need to get you to top speeds, flying down the road.
The battery charged in 5 hours when I charged the scooter, giving me a decent 18.6 mile commute. I would have liked a shorter charge time, but as I said, this scooter is focused on being a reliable mid-range vehicle, not a hot rod with all of the best specs.
This is still a good battery life charge time though. 18 + miles longrange battery is nothing to sneeze at. And there is also a handy energy saving mode to help with battery capacity. Charge the battery before every trip and you will be fine, no matter how many miles range you travel.
The Xiaomi Mi is a very comfortable and smooth ride. It’s no wonder Bird chose this model for their rental service over other scooters. It performed perfectly in all of my tests and I love that the brakes are nice and responsive.
It has a Mi home app for checking your speed, power, stats and more. This smartphone app is easy to use too. This is the perfect electric scooter for anyone looking for a fairly priced mode of transport to work. The speed and longrange battery should work for just about anyone in a busy city or elsewhere. This is a very reliable and easy foldncarry design ultralightweight adult scooter that you are going to love. You will ride the scooter every day.
It turns out that this is one of the best electric scooters for commuting.
Ive ridden many electric scooters and this one stands out for being just a solid dependable model. It is also a lot of fun to ride. The Home app keeps all the info you need.
You may also want to check out other top picks like the Xiaomi M365, Xiaomi Mijia M365, and the M365 Pro.
Electric bicycles and electric scooters are only gaining in popularity. But before buying an electric bike or other vehicles, check out our vehicle reviews buying guides for buying advice for the info you need before buying on Amazon. Don’t forget to hit the check price button to get the latest deal from Gadget Review.
No products found.
Also why not check out:
- 5 Reasons Why The EcoReco Scooter Is The Best Mode of Personal Transportation
- Best 50cc Scooter
- Best Electric Scooter For Kids
- Best Gas Scooter
- Best Scooter for Kids
- Eco Reco M5 Electric Scooter Review 2020
- EcoReco M5 e-Scooter Is Basically An Urban Travel Vehicle In A Bag
- Fastest Electric Scooters – Considering Two Wheels for 2020?
- Glion Dolly Electric Scooter Review
- Gotrax GXL Electric Scooter Review
- How Much Does A Electric Scooter Cost?
- How To Make An Electric Scooter – Down And Dirty DIY
- Moped vs Scooter – 6 Key Differences
- NanRobot D4+ Electric Scooter Review
- PowerRider 360 Upgrades The Big Wheel
- Qiewa Q1 Hummer Electric Scooter Review
- QIEWA Qmini Electric Scooter Review
- Razor A5 Lux Kick Scooter Review (2019 Edition)
- Razor E200 Electric Scooter Review
- Razor E300 Electric Scooter Review
- Razor Eco Smart Metro Electric Scooter Review (2019 Edition)
- Razor Pocket Mod Electric Scooter Review (2019 Edition)
- Segway ES1 Electric Scooter Review
- The Gogoro Smartscooter: EV City Scooting with Swappable Batteries
- This Self Balancing Electric Scooter Fits in the Back of a Smart Car
- UberScoot 1000w Electric Scooter Review
- Where To Buy An Electric Scooter