Wyze Labs’ Wyze Cam Pan is a $30 1080p pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ) model that delivers 360° horizontal view and 93° vertical view, all at full HD video quality. It gives you full control over what you want to see inside your home when you need to see it. It has everything you’d expect to find in a modern smart cam at a great price.
Clear Images and A Lot Of Options
Those features include 1080p resolution, night vision, local and cloud recording, motion-detection zones, smart notifications, and two-way audio. It also boasts a motion tracking feature that lets the camera follow moving objects around the room. It also works with Alexa, so if you want to see your front door just ask Alexa and this camera will show you the door. The same goes for your kid’s room, dining room or anywhere else you have your Wyze Cam Pan. So what we have here is a smart home security camera option with some killer abilities.
Free Cloud and SD Storage
Tons of Features
Bad Audio Quality
Sound Alerts Not Very Smart
Other features include a 110° per second rotation speed, 360° horizontal view & 93° vertical view, Pan Scan with 4 custom waypoints, 14-day free cloud storage, continuous recording, and more. We’ve seen our share of more expensive options that don’t have half of these features, so this is a great bargain. You get a lot for your money.
Motion Tagging is another interesting feature, which highlights motion in both live stream and playback modes. There’s also Smart Sound Recognition which allows the Wyze Cam Pan to recognize the unique tonal patterns of smoke alarms and CO monitors so that it can alert you to emergencies. This feature needs a lot of work, but we like the idea. It just isn’t intelligent enough yet.
You can expect very clear and sharp images in nearly every mode and these images are superior to higher priced options that are currently on the market. The sound is another issue entirely. Like most smart cams, the emphasis is on images. The integrated microphone will detect and record audio just fine, but playing that captured audio back can sound fairly bad. The speaker works well for its main uses, however, which are as an intercom or to deliver warnings to intruders.
You Can’t Go Wrong With This Camera
The Wyze Cam Pan is an amazing value with a simple user interface, free cloud and local SD recording, and tons of features. This is why it leaves competitors in the dust. You really can’t go wrong at that price. It’s the best PTZ camera out there currently. It is a great addition to a home security system or awesome all by itself.
Also why not check out:
- ANNKE 1080P IP Camera Review
- Arlo Go Review: A Wireless, Cloud Based Security Camera That Needs No WiFi
- Blacksumac’s Piper will make your home safer, here’s how.
- Canary Is The World’s First Smart Home Security Device
- Caution: Some Home Security Cameras Might Share Your Private Videos
- D-Link DCS-8200LH 180° Wide Eye Home Security Camera Review
- D-Link Launches Internet Closed Circuit TV Product
- Eyeball Video Camera: The Third Eye No One Needs
- Feel Safe At Home With Cannon Security’s Digital Door Viewer
- Gate Camera Smart Lock Is Packed With Security Features
- Logitech Alert 750n Indoor Master System Review
- Lynx Pro Smart Home Security System
- Need to Install a LightHouse AI Security Camera? Look No Further than Puls
- Netgear Arlo Q Camera Review
- Netgear Arlo Q Security Camera, Looks To Compete with Dropcam with Free Lifetime DVR Recordings
- Netgear Arlo Wireless Security Camera Review
- Netgear’s Arlo: The Best Home Security Cameras?
- Nightwatcher Robotic LED Light And Wireless HD Security Camera
- Nubo: A Security Cam Ready to Beat the Competition
- Piper nv Home Security System Review
- Piper: Home Security Just Got Tiny And Cute
- Teddy Bear Hidden Camera
- The BuddyGuard Flare is the Most Advanced Security Cam We’ve Seen
- VTech IS7121-2 Audio/Video Doorbell Review