Next week Microsoft is significantly slashing prices on the their Windows Surface RT tablets. Speculation from various sources hinted at such. But Staples has come right out to confirm the impending price-cut, with a preview of next week’s Weekly Ad listing the Surface RT for as low as $349.99. The Surface RT never really took off. We all oo’ed and awe’d when it was teased. I mean look at the thing. It’s still got the eye candy. Yet when you take off the tech-tuned beer goggles the sexy melts away into a decidedly lackluster mobile offering–not at all helped by the clunky and unintuitive Windows RT operating system.
But now, I feel many can get very excited about snatching up a Surface RT on the cheap. I says this with the assumption that the OS on Surface RT can be updated to Windows 8.1 absent any additional cost or headache. Windows 8.1 brings a host of notable changes and improvements. The most heralded of which are the ability to boot directly to the desktop.
The cost cut comes due to poor sales and the arrival Intel’s latest marketing focus. The Haswell processors are on the march so it’s time to make room. There’s also a bit of buzz in the air about a Surface or Surface-like option powered by the formidable Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor.
Also why not check out:
- Coming February 2011, Acer’s AMD Powered 10.1-inch Windows 7 Tablet
- Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 10 Windows 8 Tablet Review
- Lenovo Miix 2 8 Windows 8 Tablet Review
- Microsoft Now Clearing Out Surface 2 Tablet at $280 (Updated)
- Microsoft Surface 2: Slim, Trim & Half The Price Of The Original (video)
- Microsoft Surface Pro Price and Release Date Slated for $899, February 9th
- Microsoft Surface Ship Date Leaked, Expect it October 26th (product release)
- Microsoft Surface To Appear At Home Sooner Then Later
- Microsoft’s Surface isn’t a war cry against the iPad…it’s against laptops
- Microsoft’s Surface Pro with Windows 8 Pricing Confirmed
- Official Microsoft Origami Pics Unveiled
- Rumor: HP Slate To Run Windows 7 After All?
- Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 Receive Major Upgrades
- Win A Sony Duo Tablet At Our Next Sponsored Event, Techzulu Final Friday