We are always looking for the best bike lock.
As more and more of us get on the road with a bike instead of a car, security has become more of a problem; we need to lock up our bikes, of course, but we also have to find locks thieves can’t easily remove. Not only that, we have to remember the keys. The Ulock manages to remove at least one problem by making the key your iPhone.
Ulock It, Uleave It
It’s pretty simple. You pair the Ulock, which is… well, it’s a u-lock, a pretty standard loop of metal, with your iPhone, and lock it. The only way to pop that lock, at least in theory, is to have your iPhone handy to run the app and open said lock. It’ll even geolocate your bike for you so you don’t have to remember where you parked it, a handy little feature.
That said, though, it is still a Ulock, and it isn’t going to solve all your potential bike theft problems. While it’s made of galvanized steel, if somebody really wants to get that lock off your bike, they’ll still be able to do it with power tools.
Similarly, you’ll have to take further measures to keep people from just stealing parts off your bike. But, if you’re looking for a more advanced bike lock, or are just sick of losing your keys, $180 is a cheap price for keeping your bike secure.
Also why not check out:
- Alcoho-Lock Keeps Drunks Off Their Bikes
- Linka is a Smart Bike Lock with New Ideas
- Litelok Gives You Lightweight, Versatile Bike Lock Security
- Lock and Locate your Smart Bike With LOCK8 (video)
- Mybell: A Bike Horn And Light That’s Customizable
- N’Lock Lock Secures Your Bike From Thieves
- Pedal Lock: Secure Your Bike With Its Pedals
- Seatylock Ensures You Never Forget Your Bike Lock
- Senza Bike Lock Calls for the Handle Bars to be the Lock
- Stemlock Protects Your Bike From Being Stolen
- The Noke U-Lock Links Your Bike Lock To Your Phone
- Vier Adds Some Extra Protection To Your Bike