Remember, “Transformers more then meets the eye? Well, that’s sorta what Toyota has planned for its next concept vehicle. It’s basically a Segway meets dune buggy. The i-unit concept vehicle will go from a side walk transport system to a dune buggy when traveling at high speeds. Top speed is currently set at 30 mph when in dune buggy mode, but Toyota plans to increase that speed for greater marketability. The vehicle will also utilize a number of advanced technologies.
The i-unit appeared at the New York’s International Auto Show in March and is currently on display at the World Congress on Intelligent Transportation Systems in San Fran.
Picture courtesy of RedHerring
Also why not check out:
- Scion DJxBs by Five Axis At SEMA Are Gadget Freaked
- The Toyota Sleeper Camry Is A Race Car In Disguise
- The Tundra Midnight Rider Tailgater Is A Man Cave On Wheels
- Toyota Announces A New Prius With Solar Panels
- Toyota FT-1 Concept Revealed
- Toyota Saving Lives, Announces Pre-Crash Safety System
- Toyota Showcases New FT-1 Concept Dressed in Graphite (video)
- Toyota’s Hydrogen Fuel Cell Car Will Arrive At The Tokyo Auto Show
- Toyota’s Electric Scion iQ: Finally Gets Official 2012 Scheduled Launch